Octane help? And some Iray bug help

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Ive been using octane for a bit now trying to cut render times and.. iray lately has started locking up my system on big renders (doesnt shut down/reboot etc. literally locks the system with the screen frozen). For the iray problem i have a 1060 that runs my screens and isnt used by the renderer and a 1070 purely for rendering. This is a recent problem. Updated drivers. Old and new drivers do it. Thinking sadly it might be hardware.

But the problem that i really need help is Octane rendering and textures. Octane is FAST.. stupid fast. but i still havent gotten its quality anywhere Near iray. Im posting an octane render and an iray render of the same character. I can work on her skin more to get it more similar to iray but there are a lot more problems and i just need advice from octane gurus
First is Octane. Second is Iray. The iray was a fast render

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
For your locking up problem, try to increase your windows . I had some kind of similar problem a long time ago. A particular huge scene who freeze my PC, you could see Daz eating up all the ram avalaible to the point it crashs (even if the RAM could fit the entire scene). I put more VM and never had that problem again, it may not be your problem but it can't do harm.

For your second point, take it with a grain of salt I'm by no way an expert. Octane and Iray shaders don't work at all in the same way. I think most peope who switched from Iray to Octane use shaders as a base for their renders.

You can find one on . And it's fully designed for Octane. seems a little bit dead but you could fish for more informations.

Last edited:

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Thanks a LOT! I dont know why but this flat out didnt occur to me. I have 24gb ram (increasing soon) and daz can eat that up in a heartbeat and i usually manually set my virtual memory so i may have set it low

Ive been seeing some redspec stuff and its pretty awesome thanks ill do that. Heck it has taken me weeks to find out by fiddling that octane is only undersaturate because of an adjustment in the renderer.. if you look up octane renders you see thousands of undersaturated images .. noone seems to know. You saved my life man