Octane render for Daz Studio

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Not at the moment, From my understanding octane is a tough cookie to crack.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I use both OCDS and regular Octane. I highly recommend it.

I have have an older computer with a somewhat decent graphics card, and both Octane and the plug-in work wonders for me.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Figured I would bump this because someone else thought I was embellishing my render times. Another great option instead of Octane Standalone is the Octane plug-in for Daz Studio. I have a 1050 GTX card, and this render took less than a minute.
Untitled.png

Reactions: George213

George213

Feb 7, 2018
Figured I would bump this because someone else thought I was embellishing my render times. Another great option instead of Octane Standalone is the Octane plug-in for Daz Studio. I have a 1050 GTX card, and this render took less than a minute.
View attachment 115357
Nice render, I like Octane render for Daz, but I do not have the money to buy a license.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Nice render, I like Octane render for Daz, but I do not have the money to buy a license.
I heard a rumor on Otoy that they might do a subscription license, something like $20 per month, once they release the 4th version. The Daz plugin is only $199 (hefty, but a much better investment for rendering than a graphics card of the same price).

NSware

Jul 22, 2018
Hi, maybe my tool can Help, if you want use the Standalone version of Octane.
Link:

Dec 27, 2019
I use both OCDS and regular Octane. I highly recommend it.

I have have an older computer with a somewhat decent graphics card, and both Octane and the plug-in work wonders for me.
I know this is an old post, but I was looking for help with learning Octane and found your post. I am in the same boat now as you were in 2017. I have a weak graphics card and IRAY renders take forever!

At the time of my reply Otoy has released the DAZ plugin for free, so I tried it and my very first test renders do take less time. I have a lot to learn still. Looking for tutorials. :)