VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes
Aug 16, 2019
March fake update: Jesus got nailed so Alice wouldn't.
(Picture of Alice carrying a cross with Jesus facepalming)

It's that time again where I remind people that I haven't done Jack Shit to this game. I've been going blind while claiming to be doing one final proooooooofreading pass before I finally publish Offcuts 0.4... but to be honest, wow that would be a first! I'm honestly not feeling it. I used honest twice, now thrice in a row, so that must mean I'm speaking the truth. So, with this being Easter Weekend, a solemn time for those of christian faiths, I will leave you with this message:

The update is coming, but not as fast as I'd like to because reasons I cannot explain, but truly believe in me when I say: "It will come our one day." What day is that, I dunno. Everything else is the standard tl;dr copy paste lies I've already said for thw past 10,000 years. Alice is coming. Videos are a maybe. Steam has been flip-flopping with Adult stuff, so I'm not sure whether that's a route I'll take. At least I'm not stealing your patreon money amirite... do i get paid retroactively? Because if I do, Holy Fuck I'm gonna be Jeff Bezos rich! In anny case Happy Easter and remember, Jesus is watching you masturbating to cartoon characters and he is dissappoint.

May 15, 2022
End of march 2024 update: Eyes got worse. It hurts to read. TLDR......

End of April 2024 update: Eyes got so bad I need glasses. Will try to proofread. TLDR......

End of May 2024 update: Lenses in glasses had to be increased in size. Still can't proofread. TLDR......

End of June 2024 update: Lenses are now as thick as a mans arm but still can't proofread. TLDR......

End of July 2024 update: I am now legally blind. I have to get a dog and a cane now. I'll try to proofread the script but I first have to learn braille. TLDR......

End of August 2024 update: I have learned braille and will be rubbing my fingers across my screen to proofread. I should be able to give a release date soon. TLDR......

End of September 2024 update: I played a joke on my dog and stuck my index finger in its ass and it bit me. I lost 7 fingers so I can't proofread right now. I'll try again next month. TLDR......

End of October 2024 update: My fingers were attached but my dog was taken away. I couldn't find my way home all month so I had no time to look at the script. I'll try again. TLDR......

End of November 2024: Its a miracle! My doctor gave me an experimental serum. He told me he got it from some place called Black Mesa. Who cares! I'm cured! Now all I have to do is learn how to read and write again since the serum caused me to forget how. TLDR......

End of December 2024 update: I can now read and write again! I'll take one final look at the script before I push it out to my patrons. TLDR......

Aug 16, 2019
Seems that Stencilbita is losing even more support. Normally I only post fake update, but this is straight from Patreon.
Monthly Update: Eye of the Beholder Edition
3 days ago

Another month passes, so it's time for the tried and true monthly update! In a few previous updates, I have been mostly going through my eyesight issues, and this update is no different. Fortunately, there is some good news this time! After all the treatments, the condition of my right eye has been improving nicely. Focusing and reading still tires it out fast, but other than that, it should hopefully be back to normal very soon. Unfortunately, my left eye is not improving as fast as we had hoped, so it's still eyepatch time for me when I need to do anything that needs non-blurry vision (like reading or writing) because my eyes are currently so mismatched. Still, using only one eye is now at least possible, so I don't have to worry about my day job so much anymore, which is also a big relief for me.

Anyway, this is a pretty short update post too. Hopefully, in the next update I will have managed to get my other eye back in business too, pirate life in heavy doses is not for me. And if the worst happens and I can't get my other eye in shape soon (or ever), I should still be able to finish Offcuts 0.4 with even one eye as the release has been mostly ready for a while now.

As always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until Offcuts 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). Thanks for your endless patience!
Even the folks who mock his excuses have barely posted.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Impressive being able to come up with almost 5 years of excuses. So at 1 excuse per month, in a few months hitting 5 years. That would make 60 excuses. I wouldn't want to call Stencilbits a liar but.....
Maybe that's just extreme case of procrastination (I know that from myself) or bipolar disorder. In any case I agree, that is quite an achievement but I hope dev is aware of his problem and will go for counseling or something. If that's not some kind of mental health problem then he is just extreme liar and that is something to work on too... :coffee:

UUJI

Sep 15, 2020
how is this game on page 2 of top rated games on the site with people saying its been almost 5 years without a update. Are we trolling here or is it that good of a game
on another note almost 5 years of lying is a mythical, light yagami level feat

flastus

Nov 5, 2020
how is this game on page 2 of top rated games on the site with people saying its been almost 5 years without a update. Are we trolling here or is it that good of a game
on another note almost 5 years of lying is a mythical, light yagami level feat
The existing game has complete content for several story routes. It's decent. The abrupt change from "game development" to "slow-moving social breakdown via patreon post" is something to behold, but if instead of "abandoned" it said "completed" the game would still be not bad - most of us are here because we liked it.

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
The existing game has complete content for several story routes. It's decent. The abrupt change from "game development" to "slow-moving social breakdown via patreon post" is something to behold, but if instead of "abandoned" it said "completed" the game would still be not bad - most of us are here because we liked it.
The only thing that really upsets me is that the Alice route is the one that was next, and that was the specific one I was most looking forward to.

Reactions: CalamarMaligno
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes