VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

HO_Dude

Jan 15, 2019
I wonder, will we be able to somehow get rid of Nina at some point of development? She's so annoying all the time, I hope it will be possible to prevent her moving in with MC.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I wonder, will we be able to somehow get rid of Nina at some point of development? She's so annoying all the time, I hope it will be possible to prevent her moving in with MC.
That story is set in stone, things are being added but not changed. Nina is part of the MC's life whether you like her or not.

Reactions: mitjo and Namco15

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I tought I taw a mention of an update...welp, stencilbits just sent us patrons this (yes, he could have sent this to you...just go and give him some Patreon support!). You might be interested...

Monthly update: A happy cat edition

Finally! All content for 0.3 is finally ready! I originally planned the release at the end of this month but I'll use a few more days to re-render some of the graphics, check the script and finalize the new visual shader system. It shouldn't take much more than a week or so as this remaining stuff is "nice to have" but not critical. Still, as I previously mentioned I planned to release 0.3 this month but as that didn't happen I'll be skipping this month's Patron payments once again. Trying to stick to deadlines to is kind of a personal carrot-and-stick challenge to me. And as you know I'm really good at creating deadlines - actually completing them is entirely different matter.

Once the 0.3 release is out, there is more stuff incoming:

* Poll deciding which girl will have their route done next. The choices will be Alice, Kate or Helen.

* Animations with Blender 2.8. The newest Blender is still in beta, but it's generally in good enough shape so that I can start moving my existing content (models, textures, materials, etc.) to it. I have written a large amount of Python code for automagically managing much of that content and I'll have to port all that code to Blender 2.8. Hard to say how big of a task this will be, I'll know more when I'll start doing it. If this goes well it can significantly increase how fast I can render visual content.

* Possibly a bit more interactive 2D-character dolls and CG-images (expressions, limb and eye movements, etc.) by improving the new shader rendering system. This is something I have been tinkering with for my own amusement, so low priority.

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
I tought I taw a mention of an update...welp, stencilbits just sent us patrons this (yes, he could have sent this to you...just go and give him some Patreon support!). You might be interested...

Monthly update: A happy cat edition

Finally! All content for 0.3 is finally ready! I originally planned the release at the end of this month but I'll use a few more days to re-render some of the graphics, check the script and finalize the new visual shader system. It shouldn't take much more than a week or so as this remaining stuff is "nice to have" but not critical. Still, as I previously mentioned I planned to release 0.3 this month but as that didn't happen I'll be skipping this month's Patron payments once again. Trying to stick to deadlines to is kind of a personal carrot-and-stick challenge to me. And as you know I'm really good at creating deadlines - actually completing them is entirely different matter.

Once the 0.3 release is out, there is more stuff incoming:

* Poll deciding which girl will have their route done next. The choices will be Alice, Kate or Helen.

* Animations with Blender 2.8. The newest Blender is still in beta, but it's generally in good enough shape so that I can start moving my existing content (models, textures, materials, etc.) to it. I have written a large amount of Python code for automagically managing much of that content and I'll have to port all that code to Blender 2.8. Hard to say how big of a task this will be, I'll know more when I'll start doing it. If this goes well it can significantly increase how fast I can render visual content.

* Possibly a bit more interactive 2D-character dolls and CG-images (expressions, limb and eye movements, etc.) by improving the new shader rendering system. This is something I have been tinkering with for my own amusement, so low priority.
Looks like everything's coming up Milhouse.
Hopefully with the next poll people will vote for our favorite athlete Kate. Though really all the girls are great so it's a win-win either way.
I like hearing about all the little details that are being work on in the game. Can't wait to see what is produced from these effort.

Excelsior

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Looks like everything's coming up Milhouse.
Hopefully with the next poll people will vote for our favorite athlete Kate. Though really all the girls are great so it's a win-win either way.
I like hearing about all the little details that are being work on in the game. Can't wait to see what is produced from these effort.

Excelsior
>our favorite athlete Kate
Kate from Harem Hotel?
prettyface2.png

popober

Jun 9, 2017
THE WEEK IS ENDING AND MY BONAH IS READEEH!!!

P.S. The fact that this guy actively skips a month's payments if he feels he hasn't done something to merit it puts him far and above so many other devs on patreon. Guy does great work AND seems to have integrity.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I found it genuinely hilarious that people were expecting it this weekend. I'm not digging, i'm not hating I did find it genuinely funny as in I very literally laughed.

When you see the dev say week, add an s on the end. I love the game, the dev is unreliable as hell though.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Nina is an awesome (insert the japanese term which i have no idea here) <----
ok..looked up the terminology..Nina is definately Tsundere...hmmm..so is Melissa o_O here's hoping Alice in Yandere..HAHAAA Rob needs a loving obsessed psycho in his life :p

Jan 1, 2018
ok..looked up the terminology..Nina is definately Tsundere...hmmm..so is Melissa o_O here's hoping Alice in Yandere..HAHAAA Rob needs a loving obsessed psycho in his life :p
Nina is one of the most extreme examples I've seen of the tsundere archetype. That's just an observation, not a criticism. I enjoyed her arc, even slightly more than Melissa's. Can't wait for 0.3!

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
You like Yandere hm? I would know something for you to watch if you can stay alive watching anime. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Namco15

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
You like Yandere hm? I would know something for you to watch if you can stay alive watching anime. :ROFLMAO:
i hate watching anime..lol...but the tropes in adult gaming are cool..and ya..i like dames that are obsessed with the MC totally in love..but psycho freaks as well..its spicy AF .i mean..who dosnt secretly want a woman so dedicated that they would stick a blade into some dame flirting with you...HAHAAA!!
and something inside me says Alice would be like that..she's so waif-innocent that there must be some crazy hidden depths to her..and i say its Yandere.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes