VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
i hate watching anime..lol...but the tropes in adult gaming are cool..and ya..i like dames that are obsessed with the MC totally in love..but psycho freaks as well..its spicy AF .i mean..who dosnt secretly want a woman so dedicated that they would stick a blade into some dame flirting with you...HAHAAA!!
and something inside me says Alice would be like that..she's so waif-innocent that there must be some crazy hidden depths to her..and i say its Yandere.
For me it depends on the anime but there are a lot of anime that i hate to watch so i kind of understand you. From what you describe you would love the female in Mirai Nikki more than anything else. lol

Reactions: Namco15

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
From what you describe you would love the female in Mirai Nikki more than anything else.
I still don't know why the heck I liked that anime so much as I did. alone should have made me drop the anime in the first few episodes. But not only it is one of the few Anime I watched to the end, I also enjoyed most of it, despite the flaws, the plot holes, the insufferable protagonists...
Really, I don't know why I like it.

Reactions: Namco15

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I still don't know why the heck I liked that anime so much as I did. alone should have made me drop the anime in the first few episodes. But not only it is one of the few Anime I watched to the end, I also enjoyed most of it, despite the flaws, the plot holes, the insufferable protagonists...
Really, I don't know why I like it.
You liked it because you secretly want a girl like yuno having the hots for you. :ROFLMAO:
But seriously, if we really look back at all the anime we like we will find a lot where we have to ask ourself why the fuck we like it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
2 weeks and still no 0.3? :cry:
So far the dev has missed every time line set, is it a shock any more?

Before someone attempts to make me shake my head in pity and label me a "hater" (whoever thought that up as a way to shame someone needs to seriously reflect on their life, it's a pathetic playground insult i'd expect to hear from one of my friends kids. I can't say what I think about the people that use it because i've had enough warnings lets just say it's less than favourable)..... I love the game and I enjoy what the dev can do but I don't think much about them personally.

At this point the people defending it care more than the games own developer, it's sad.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
So far the dev has missed every time line set, is it a shock any more?

Before someone attempts to make me shake my head in pity and label me a "hater" (whoever thought that up as a way to shame someone needs to seriously reflect on their life, it's a pathetic playground insult i'd expect to hear from one of my friends kids)..... I love the game and I enjoy what the dev can do but I don't think much about them personally.

At this point the people defending it care more than the games own developer, it's sad.
last update on patreon was almost 3 weeks back...i have no idea what to think now..so until something is set in stone there i'll sit and wait...it is an outstanding game and i do not want to speculate on its sudden demise or any other eventuality...so my mindset is..it's coming...eventually.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
last update on patreon was almost 3 weeks back...i have no idea what to think now..so until something is set in stone there i'll sit and wait...it is an outstanding game and i do not want to speculate on its sudden demise or any other eventuality...so my mindset is..it's coming...eventually.
I'm not saying it's dead or abandoned all i'm saying is the dev has missed something like 3 or 4 deadlines they set themselves and have shown to be unreliable.

The update might come eventually but it's at the stage where I don't believe a thing they say. I said they would miss this last one and got labelled a "hater" but I was right thus the "hate to say I told you so" post that was deleted.

It's painfully obvious the dev doesn't give a shit. They do the basic minimum to keep people hanging on and their page going and that's it.

You're currently waiting for Alice which, at this rate, you certainly won't be seeing this side of 2020.

It's a downright shame that one of the best games i've played is being put together by the most unreliable, inconsistent devs i've ever seen.

Earthling

Mar 6, 2018
I'm not saying it's dead or abandoned all i'm saying is the dev has missed something like 3 or 4 deadlines they set themselves and have shown to be unreliable.

The update might come eventually but it's at the stage where I don't believe a thing they say. I said they would miss this last one and got labelled a "hater" but I was right thus the "hate to say I told you so" post that was deleted.

It's painfully obvious the dev doesn't give a shit. They do the basic minimum to keep people hanging on and their page going and that's it.

You're currently waiting for Alice which, at this rate, you certainly won't be seeing this side of 2020.

It's a downright shame that one of the best games i've played is being put together by the most unreliable, inconsistent devs i've ever seen.
As of right now i can seriously bet that Cyberpunk 2077 will be out before Stencilbits finishes this game. 2021-22 for full release i guess? Well at least my bae will probably get her update somewhere in 2020 lel.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017

Finally! All content for 0.3 is finally ready! I originally planned the release at the end of this month but I'll use a few more days to re-render some of the graphics, check the script and finalize the new visual shader system. It shouldn't take much more than a week or so as this remaining stuff is "nice to have" but not critical. Still, as I previously mentioned I planned to release 0.3 this month but as that didn't happen I'll be skipping this month's Patron payments once again. Trying to stick to deadlines to is kind of a personal carrot-and-stick challenge to me. And as you know I'm really good at creating deadlines - actually completing them is entirely different matter.
Once the 0.3 release is out, there is more stuff incoming:
* Poll deciding which girl will have their route done next. The choices will be Alice, Kate or Helen.
* Animations with Blender 2.8. The newest Blender is still in beta, but it's generally in good enough shape so that I can start moving my existing content (models, textures, materials, etc.) to it. I have written a large amount of Python code for automagically managing much of that content and I'll have to port all that code to Blender 2.8. Hard to say how big of a task this will be, I'll know more when I'll start doing it. If this goes well it can significantly increase how fast I can render visual content.
* Possibly a bit more interactive 2D-character dolls and CG-images (expressions, limb and eye movements, etc.) by improving the new shader rendering system. This is something I have been tinkering with for my own amusement, so low priority.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

Finally! All content for 0.3 is finally ready! I originally planned the release at the end of this month but I'll use a few more days to re-render some of the graphics, check the script and finalize the new visual shader system. It shouldn't take much more than a week or so as this remaining stuff is "nice to have" but not critical. Still, as I previously mentioned I planned to release 0.3 this month but as that didn't happen I'll be skipping this month's Patron payments once again. Trying to stick to deadlines to is kind of a personal carrot-and-stick challenge to me. And as you know I'm really good at creating deadlines - actually completing them is entirely different matter.
Once the 0.3 release is out, there is more stuff incoming:
* Poll deciding which girl will have their route done next. The choices will be Alice, Kate or Helen.
* Animations with Blender 2.8. The newest Blender is still in beta, but it's generally in good enough shape so that I can start moving my existing content (models, textures, materials, etc.) to it. I have written a large amount of Python code for automagically managing much of that content and I'll have to port all that code to Blender 2.8. Hard to say how big of a task this will be, I'll know more when I'll start doing it. If this goes well it can significantly increase how fast I can render visual content.
* Possibly a bit more interactive 2D-character dolls and CG-images (expressions, limb and eye movements, etc.) by improving the new shader rendering system. This is something I have been tinkering with for my own amusement, so low priority.
Already posted on March 30'th a page or so back. That's the latest time the dev set that has been missed.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Don't sit there and wait for it because it is as Avaron1974 already wrote that the dev is not reliable at all which is sad because offcuts is one of the best novels out there. I just hope that this won't become a second duke nukem forever...

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Last (and only) update was on 5th September 2018.

I think that this game should be considered "on hold".

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Last (and only) update was on 5th September 2018.

I think that this game should be considered "on hold".
It's never been that way on site, On Hold and Abandoned are based on the dev's posting.
On Hold for when the dev states that it is on hold and Abandoned for when dev gives up or disappears for a long time.
It has been about 3 weeks so i reckon we give it till the end of the month then mark Abandoned.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
3 months with no communication gets it marked as abandoned.

The dev posts once a month, usually a picture, then sits back and bathes in the praise thrown about by some people here for doing relatively nothing.

In other threads where devs are really slow and you point that out you'll find people agree and lazy devs are called out.

Point out this dev is a bit lazy and you get labelled a "hater". One person even went as far as saying "ha" at us when told an update was coming. That update never came so the "ha" was incredibly premature never the less my feelings were already hurt by such hard words.
Go call the person that said "ha" a cunt. It usually works for me.

But i am rather sad that the dev is lazy, especially since the game is really enjoyable.

Reactions: Seiko126 and Tom10

RainMaker323

Jan 26, 2018
The dev posts once a month, usually a picture, then sits back and bathes in the praise thrown about by some people here for doing relatively nothing.

In other threads where devs are really slow and you point that out you'll find people agree and lazy devs are called out.
To be fair stencilbits gets an anti-hate-bonus by skipping patreon payments. Others don't even consider something along those lines. But to be brutally honest the waiting and empty promises are really getting on my nerves.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes