• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Proofreader] [S>Translator] [S>Writer] Share Offering my services as editor, proofreader, translator and writer. Games, comic books and visual novels. Also non-erotica

Aug 4, 2018
Some of the games on this site are incredibly well-crafted, with amazingly realistic renders, fantastic story ideas and great premises, but the writing sometimes is so cringe-worthy that it really takes away from the immersion and ruins the whole project. Either the original writing is not really well-thought or the proofreading is basic and half-assed or the translation is machine-made. I can help with that!

Skills:
I can write, mostly short stories and articles. Even though it's not my favourite activity in the world, if I'm properly stimulated by what I'm doing, I think I can really shine.
I could definitely help you with ideas and dialogue.
I am bilingual Italian/English.
I teach English and I work as a text editor, translator and proofreader (American or British English).
I've never edited a ren'py script directly, but I'm willing to learn fast.

Preferred method of contact:
Reply to this thread or PM me

Employment Type & Rates:
Unpaid in my spare time if I like the project. We can discuss rates if it's a paid position

Availability:
It depends on how much I like the project and if paid/unpaid

Work Samples:
Available on request

Additional comments:
I'm laid-back and easy to deal with.
Attention to details is one of my fortes.
I can write very insightful prose and pretty specific kinks, when I'm properly inspired.
I like building characters slowly to keep the reader interested.

Last edited:

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
At Spire of Slime we always appreciate more ideas and proofreading, perhaps you would like to work with us?

Spire of Slime is a corruption-themed game about 2 siblings trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. The gameplay loop revolves around dungeon crawling with visual novel events in-between. Both the dungeon crawling and the combat system are very similar to Darkest Dungeon if you're familiar with that game.

If you're interested, feel free to send me a pm on discord: Houtamelo#8697.

Aug 4, 2018
At Spire of Slime we always appreciate more ideas and proofreading, perhaps you would like to work with us?

Spire of Slime is a corruption-themed game about 2 siblings trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. The gameplay loop revolves around dungeon crawling with visual novel events in-between. Both the dungeon crawling and the combat system are very similar to Darkest Dungeon if you're familiar with that game.

If you're interested, feel free to send me a pm on discord: Houtamelo#8697.
Hey! Thanks very much for writing. Unfortunately, it's not really my cup of tea. All the best

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I've since learned my proofreading skills are shit (Someone pointed out no less than a couple dozen typos/errors/etc in my previous updates), so I could definitely use someone to help with that.

That said, my ass is broke so this is sort of an "only if you like the project" sort of thing. Link in sig if you wanna check it out.

Last edited:

Chilli Games

Apr 12, 2022
Sup, our team is lf editor for our game. Wouldn't like to spoil the plot here, since the game is not completely ready, but we already have the script good and ready for the editing. The game itself will feature an adventures of a young man and an elven girl. We were heavily inspired by LotR and D&D (Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc).

If by any chance you're interested, feel free to contact me via pm here on f95zone :)

Aug 4, 2018
I've since learned my proofreading skills are shit (Someone pointed out no less than a couple dozen typos/errors/etc in my previous updates), so I could definitely use someone to help with that.

That said, my ass is broke so this is sort of an "only if you like the project" sort of thing. Link in desc if you wanna check it out.
Hi. Are you talking about "Alive"? or another project? "Alive" looks interesting; I might be able to help. I'll download it and play in the next few days. Let's PM

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Hi. Are you talking about "Alive"? or another project? "Alive" looks interesting; I might be able to help. I'll download it and play in the next few days. Let's PM

Yea, Alive is what I'm talking about. I got a list of (I think all?) the mistakes from the current release, but the new chapter, who knows. If you're interested, feel free to PM me, if not, np, and good luck finding a project you enjoy.

Pop Doggy

Beauty maker
Game Developer
May 19, 2018
How do we contact, do you have a DM? Here's my DM Doggy#1882
I wonder if you are interested in a story with a milf as the main character. I'd like to have a chat with you. My story needs details.