Old Snapshot of Desktop shown when Loading any RPGM game

tc23emp

Nov 10, 2017
This sounds strange, but there's always a screenshot of my desktop from over a week ago being displayed over and hiding my real desktop. This happens as the main menu of any RPGM game is about to be loaded. It covers the whole desktop / monitor so I can't ALT-TAB. I am slightly paranoid about it because it seems like something could be happening in the 5-10 seconds in which I can't see anything that's really going on.

Has anyone else experienced this odd behavior?

The image is from May 9th, and it is from the first time I loaded Illuminati - The Game [v0.3.0]. It shows the main menu of that game as well as my desktop. I can see the other stuff running like my browser, the start menu, and system tray (with the time).

This same snapshot / screenshot continues to show every time I load up any RPGM game. The splash screen loads first. Then, before I see the main menu, the image is shown. I can use the arrow keys to move through the menu at this time and hear the navigation sounds, so I happen to know the menu is already loaded even as the image continues to be displayed for several more seconds. Oddly, Illuminati seems to be the only RPGM game that doesn't show the image when loading. However, this isn't the only game that has caused this in the past. That is, it used to be a snapshot image of a different game from the first time it was loaded that was always shown. I will explain more below.

I am running Windows 7 x64. GTX 770. I've had the problem through several driver updates, and it has gone away before with some effort, and then came back this second time. When I fully uninstalled and reinstalled all my graphics drivers about a month ago, I got problem to disappear for a while. That is, I could load any game, and no fake / stuck image would be overlayed on my desktop.

I don't remember what game caused the issue the first time, but the problem was more widespread (and therefore more annoying) then. The fake / stuck image would appear any time I loaded Blender or Unity games (occurred after the splash screen in this engine as well). I hope typing this long explanation was worth it and that someone knows what this problem is all about.

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
This might be something to ask on the .
Not sure if we can help you here. It certainly sounds like a very unique thing that's happening to you.