VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Omni Gynoid [v1.0] [Omni-Waifuism]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Lerd0

review for v1.0

Most repetitive "game" i've ever "played".
    text is just repeating the same things over and over and over.
    art is a mess , and just becomes a gallery with some text every once in a while.
    0/10 would not bang.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

GiantessDeva

Garbage In, Garbage Out

This game has more value as an example of the principle of GIGO (seen above) than it does as a game. If the "future of storytelling" is to loaf around and make a machine do all the work for you, I think it's time to turn the technological progress car around and go back.

Writing: 1/5
    Honestly, you can't even call what's in this game writing. The dev clearly just wrote out a short intro, and then took just about anything the AI spit out. AI can help you write interesting stories, but the operative term there is 'help'. You can't simply expect the AI to write the whole bloody thing for you, or else you get a pile of cyclical garbage, which is exactly what we have here. In order to write anything worth reading, an AI needs a human hand to guide it and edit the output.

Art: 1/5
    The images in the game look nice at first glance, but if you pay attention you'll realize pretty quickly that they're the same as the writing: a pile of cyclical garbage. All the flaws of AI art are on display here: mangled fingers, anomalous objects, and a general lack of consistency. The images are more enjoyable than the writing, but there's very little rhyme or reason to them, and the game ends up being more of a gallery of AI images with nonsense narration sprinkled on top than anything coherent.

Final Thoughts
    There are probably some interesting applications for AI generation in games, but 'the AI will make the game for me' certainly isn't one of them. If the dev wants to take another crack at this concept, I hope they'll keep in mind that AI should be used as an assistive tool, not one to automate the entire process. An AI is completely unmoored from human concepts of story flow and cause and effect, which can make for very inspiring bouts of spontaneity, but also means that it needs a firm hand keeping its output coherent.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

aruisbored

After playing the game for like ~30 minutes here are some of my first impressions. It makes sense that the natural progression for games like AI dungeon would be to add AI art to the AI text.

Art: 3/5
    It looks as good as any other well generated AI art. However many of the CGs are very similar to each other. I would guess the author just generated a ton of images with the same inputs/settings and picked the best ones. It would be nice to have more variety in characters/settings/outfits etc.

Also the resolution for the game/CGs are very low res. If you inspect the CGs in the game folder they are all 896x448. I'd think that you could make AI generated art any resolution you'd want?

Story/Gameplay: 1/5
    'Giant angel robot succubus goddess' could be an interesting concept. However the AI does a very poor job at expanding on anything. The first couple lines appear to be hand written (and somewhat interesting), but then it slowly just devolves into 'Omniella' (the giant girl) just basically saying the same thing over and over again.

It would be nice if there were other characters that could speak or maybe the player could talk to Omniella and influence the story somehow. Similar to what AI dungeon is.

Also there's no sound or music by default which feels kind of weird.

Overall: ~2/5
    - nice AI art, but low res and sameish
    - story is basically some handwritten preamble, then Omniella saying the same thing over and over again

I wish it was AI dungeon + lewd anime CGs, but its barely a game and more an interesting concept.