On average how many choices should be in a first release and then regulary with updates/episodes?

Mr. Mayhem

Apr 14, 2019
Hey i'm trying to figure out how many choices on average is the right amount of choices to put in updates/ episodes and for my first release .

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Do not force it: Having stupid meaningless choices for the sake of having them is worse than having no choices at all.
Focus on content. The content should be as much as you can manage, do a bit everyday and see where it takes you.

I do not do this full-time and I can manage doing around 20 minutes of content per week.

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
Do not force it: Having stupid meaningless choices for the sake of having them is worse than having no choices at all.
Focus on content. The content should be as much as you can manage, do a bit everyday and see where it takes you.

I do not do this full-time and I can manage doing around 20 minutes of content per week.
Off-topic question, sorry OP, how do you measure the length of your content?

Reactions: Mr. Mayhem

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Off-topic question, sorry OP, how do you measure the length of your content?
Words written / 300 (Average reading speed), it will not be accurate for every player that will play your game, but I have noticed that those who actually read the dialogue will average around that exact amount of playtime.