RPGM - Abandoned - On Edge [v0.2.5] [onedge]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Carryon

Here we have the sort of H game I wish we had more of, for a number of reasons. First of all, it has a clear focus on a particular, if somewhat niche type of content, which I feel is often superior to taking a surface level look at a wider variety. Second of all, having the mechanics of the game actually be in service of that focus, rather than having the H content be some barely relevant eye candy strapped to the side, or worst of all (like in regrettably many RPGM games) be only available by losing intentionally.

This review is as of v0.2.0, and the game is still in an obvious need of added content and extra polish. Regardless, I give it 5 stars, because I find the core gameplay loop delightful and full of promise, and to a degree because it is exactly this sort of game I wish to see more of.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Cicica

I like RPGM games, however, I don't like the fact that for some of them we have to grind a lot and even with the risk of a "Game Over" screen.
    Now I don't have anything against this type of gameplay, in fact to each person, their own playstyle. Some of them enjoy it and have the time for it, but others don't.
    It's a shame, because I really like the game idea and graphics, but I hope that the developer will enable some sort of cheat mode or some way to avoid the grinding. Once they do, if they decide to do it, I will change my review.
    Again, this review shouldn't discourage them, but rather should be a guiding factor for adding a less painful grinding experience.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

HotPlop

This review is for v0.2.0

This game is great. It is very clearly still in version 0.2, but it shows some real potential. I always have had a niche for corruption games, so this game tickles my fancy very nicely.
    I do however have some issues after playing it and I have some recommendations on how I would resolve these issues. It still is my humble opinion, ofcourse :)

This game has two very clearly defined parts.
    1. The managment of the town
    2. The glory hole card game

--Managment--
    This part of the game revolves about you getting enough ingredients and food to feed the village and keeping your confidence high while doing it.

The managment was quite difficult to figure out what exactly I was supposed to do when I first started the game.
    I think this multiple reasons but the biggest one being the naming of the variables you are balancing.
    Confidence, for example. I thought this variable determined how "confident" I was to do sexual things, when inside the glory hole or when meeting the men in the village.
    Yet it is used like energy. It goes down when doing tasks in the village and goes up when relaxing with my friend.
    Another example is the hunger of the village. This one is a little more personal preference, but to me it does not make sense.
    The bar is full when the town has no food, it is "fully" hungry. I don't think it makes sense to have a bar fill up when resources go down.

A lot of processes are also needlessly complicated. Feeding the village, for example.
    There are a lot of steps involved in order to decrease how hungry the village is. (See how it does not make sense? :p )
    You will need ingredients which you will get from the town;
    Energy, that you get from the glory hole. (Indirectly, since you convert the cum into energy. So that is one extra step.)
    Ingredients and Energy will turn into food, which will feed the village.

After a while it also starts to become very reptitive.
    Get the vegatables, seduce the man, talk to friend, talk to other man. One of the horny? Nice, jerk em off. No? Oh well, better luck tomorrow.
    Next day: Talk to man, talk to friend, talk to other man. One of them horny? Nice, jerk em off. No? Oh well, better luck tomorrow.
    And this repeats until you have jerked em off enough for a new mechanic or feature. But that only effects the glory hole, so you'll be repeating it again anyway.

The way I would fix these things is by doing the following:

-Rename confidence to energy, or stamina since energy is already used by the factory.
    Have another "game over" state, maybe not feeding the village x amount of days?

-Redesign the town hunger system to be easier to understand.
    I would do this by not having the town have a hunger meter, but an x amount of food needed per day. This amount is clearly visible to the player from the beginning.
    Instead of picking up "ingredients", I would have the player pick up just "food". It would then cost the player energy to actually get this food the the village. This would get rid of the needless ingredient > food conversion.
    At the end of the day you would see a visible deduction of your food to the village. Since food is needed in one of the interactions, maybe the player could set a max amount to give each day.
    And then reward/punish the player based on how many days they achived/failed to feed the village.

-Add some spice of life, something to break the repetition.
    For this it really doesn't matter what gets added, as long as I dont have to repeat the same couple of tasks and walk the same roads just so I can jerk them off a little differently.

--Glory Hole Card Game--
    This part of the game is fun, once you know how everything works.

One thing i do think this part could improve is the visualization. Right now four different types of hearts and meters that all mean different things.
    The heart system for the girl, I think is fine as it is. It makes it easy to see how much you have used and it makes sense to use hearts since she is getting excited.
    I would however not use three different types of hearts to show how much fun our male friend is having. I think this causes confusion when it doesn't need to.
    Instead of using hearts, a progress bar would be better suited. A bar going from the bottom to the top that fills up with.. well.. cum.
    Instead of red hearts, the bar goes up. Instead of blue hearts, the bar goes down. This makes it much easier to understand.
    The gold hearts make your progress permanent. Have little indications next to the bar, showing points of no return. Maybe even a little texture on top of the bar when you pass it showing that it is permanent.
    One thing I would also change is how things like "expose tits" work. Let the fact that you have to give up a card in your deck be enough, instead of it also using your hearts.

And please, lord please. Do something with the potrait on the right. Different poses, different clothing options or maybe just poking her in the tits when I click on them.
    I have to walk around with this 16x16 pixely character all the time, while this beautiful and sexy thing on the right is just teasing me. Not being able to do anything with her.

This is all just my humble opinion ofcourse, and do with this as you please.
    Sorry if this is a bit much, I have a background in game dev myself and I see potential for a real good game here. I got a bit carried away :)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Melongirl3

Simply awesome concept and implementation, eagerly waiting for new updates! I think it's the only game that makes gloryhole-grind fun and engaging :eek:

I'd recommend it to everyone who likes female POV.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

grobulos

Grafics good, Game mechanic is useless, i dont understand why it take so long to give handjob.
    even the menu make no sense. bugs by gathering ressources, some time it works sometime not, very annoying.
    the map is poor, the work on 0.20 is very less. grinding is boring. quest not exist
    The only reason why i give 2 star instead of ignore this "Work" : The Idea seems cool
    The actuall status make no fun to play. Game version 0.2.0
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mindyesawesome

This game is excellent. Can literally be almost on par with Karryns Prison if more content gets added. You know a game is good when the grind is super fun. Cannot wait to see more. Subscribing instantly. Give it a try, you won't regret it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2148951

I really enjoyed this game so far.
    Here are some positives:
    1. Artwork is really good.
    2. Developer managed to make a game about glory holes interesting and last longer than just a 5 min flash game.
    3. Story itself is interesting.
    4. No locked content behind patreon.
    5. MC has her own thoughts, desires, plans (not bland).

Negatives:
    1. I am rating this at v 0.1 and as for now confidence level management is brutal.
    2. Players are allowed to gather materials and talk to npcs that will not grant you anything in the game while wasting confidence.

All in all great game and I hope developers will continue their work. I would like to also suggest some easier punishment system . When getting confidence at 0, instant game over can ruin player experience hard core if they did not save.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Lola112

5 for potential.

If you're into gloryhole stuff, interesting "combat" and most of all JIZZMS please keep an eye out for this game.

The foundation laid out in this version sets up for an interesting management game, and having chatted with the dev, their plans and enthusiam for the project has me very optimistic.

The current version doesn't have TOO much content and it is somewhat unbalanced, but it does tease future features and gives a taste of what's to come.

Please do check it out and consider supporting the project!
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Gilbertfred

This game is currently very barebones, however while lacking content it has a very strong foundation to build off of. I recommend giving this demo a try to see if it's your cup of tea, afterward give it a couple of updates to see if it's kept it's footing - that's what I'll be doing
  10. 4.00 star(s)

justapervert

By the time I am typing this, it is currently version 0.1beta and I say with a passion that my opinion will not change but the future can be misleading. Read my conclusion if you can not be arsed reading the entire review.

Story: The premise is quite unique for what is currently available, have a character that can't be named in todays games are uncommon let alone have a vague background being a geologist that is famous for studying "male genitals" or in my country cock, let alone knowing the mc is deemed to vulgar to call it that but I digress, having a random ass device sent to you unknowingly is literally throwing a wrench into the gears of imagination. To put it into perspective if you didn't read the description before playing then you expected normal go quest then fuck scenario to play out but this unannounced plot twist of "milking" the limited population premise is a nice new refreshing change of pace and I would not say either way. However I will refrain from ranting the story for what is present is satisfying enough for those that read the damn text instead of pressing CTRL on dialogue.
    (5/5)

Gameplay: From what is present the piece of gameplay given is a card game of "milking" which is humours but can be dreadful when receiving the wrong card you wish for however the eye catching state is confidence, similar to stamina/health on other RPG games this can be depleted when doing almost all on world action such as ingredients gathering and mining but when depleted to zero it is game over, now resting is key to replenish it unless you speak with a childhood NPC but most of the time you LOSE confidents when resting due to the absent of resources or other variables, now what makes me put this as a 4 stars instead of 5 is due to it being almost IMPOSSIBLE to progress without the use of bugs or cheats, when you run out of power it is then you can begin milking the other villagers which is a massive handicap considering the entire layout of the states gameplay is like a domino effect, needing 1 to create the other which in this case power to make food to feed. Let alone the fact that you confidents state is slowly depletes per rest due to the lack of substance makes this game extremely hard to be efficient so large amount of your time is making a new game then strategies what to spend your confidents on. (4/5)

Scene: The erotic scenes currently are NPC interactions and of course the milking but if the CG looks similar then you are not wrong, coming from a extremely well known artist of Scarlet Ann you are not left unsatisfied by this extremely well drawn and coloured art, the CG is phenomenal despite being limited for the beta is beautiful and I believe flawless, unless you wish for to be animated but I will remain humble about it. (5/5)

Help:
    For the first time in my review ill add some tips for version 0.1, I will wouldn't be surprised if the developer patches these. When "milking" for the first time you can leave the room and progress as normal until you confidence + depletes and begins the dialogue. this basically means you can have unlimited confidents which as I said before a domino effect can lead you unlimited items and sperm for power. all it takes is the quickness of your time and patient of doing this repeatedly. Then next isn't really a bug but rather a tip for the card gameplay, there is a pattern when cock holding find this out and try to go around round 10 or so. Lastly in this version ignore the miner advances because it is just a waste of confidence.

Conclusion: Read this if you can't be bothered with the review, this game is unique in its own way and I will obviously stay tune for this the entire journey the art is amazing, the gameplay is unique and the narrative is simplistic yet flawless. only bad thing I will say is that it's hard to get into bearings with the variables. If the game dev reads this please change the day when you can milk. it will change the flow significantly better. (4/5)

"Tough time never last, only tough people last" I wish for the health and prosperity for both the game and the developer and wish you all luck and safety in the future.
    -justapervert