Ren'Py - On My Way Home [Ch.2 P2] [MrKuchi]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jericho85

On My Way Home has turned into one of my favorite VNs mostly because of the character relationships. Good character relationships and characters that make you want to give a shit about them are by far the most important thing to me in a good AVN and the relationships in On My Way Home, particularly the relationship with Vania, have been really enjoyable so far.

Other than that, it is an overall well made VN. The posing is great, the camera angles are great, and the render quality is above average. The sex scenes are well made custom animations.

There are only a handful of VNs that I really can't wait to see where the next update goes, and this is definitely one of them.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

amandressedlikeabat

Nothing special.
    The girls are decent, except most of them have unnaturally shaped boobs. They just don't look right, and that ruins the girl for me.
    The protagonist is an uber-wimp. The kind of guy who would get beat up by a squirrel. It makes him completely unrelatable. I'm not an MMA superstar, but I wouldn't let people beat me up and not at least try to defend myself.
    The writing is alright, most of the time.
    Plot: could be good, but it isn't there yet. The main plot includes: some murdered parent(s?), a strange drug, a strange medical condition, and no explanations about what any of it means. Perhaps it becomes an interesting plot, but, right now, none of that is actually a significant part of the story. So it's in a weird limbo between mundane stuff about getting a job and supernatural stuff about medicine and murder.
    Free roams are annoying, as usual; I rarely like them.
    The writer is an enormous fan of the "bitchy but kinda likes you actually" trope. Unreasonably so, I would say.
    Sex scenes are somewhat good, but nowhere near good enough to make it work.
    There just isn't really anything in this game to keep me -scratch that- to get me interested.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 4/5
    I like the story but its a bit to much of a slowburn, MC has some kind of a rage superpower thing, but so far you havent seen much of it and story has barely got started even with game being 2+ years old now, same for sex scenes its alot of handjobs/BJs but no real sex with 99% of the girls other then Melissa he hasent fucked a single one....was close with Vania but thats about it.

MC also took pills for hes condition but it still hasent been explained as to what the pills to or why he has memory issue, hes uncle seems to know but never told him anything, not even when he moves out so if the uncle knows he should know the danger of not taking pills so not coming clean wouldent make sense.

Then theres the hole dream fantasi thing which dosent really fit into the story at all, guessing its about the story hes friend told him about with a island of only girls, but i dunno i feel its a bit of wasted time and it isent really needed for the main story where the work would be put to better use.

Girls 3/5
    Girls is cute enough but there isent much diversity in builds, its mostly big tits not huge well one is but main focus is big, i would like to have seen a bit more diversity since i am not into big tits at all, they are just a turn-off to me personaly, so far theres only 2 LIs with smaller tits where Zoe is really the only one worth going for since Ashley is in a lesbian relationship? with Melissa i think but those two dosent make much sense since one fucks you other one says "she wouldent like it" if she fucked him, just anoter thing that needs to be explained better and faster to help people know if one of them are worth going for.....

Animations 4/5
    They are very good but still waiting to see more like fucking scenes since there arent many yet, also no clue how they will make virgin/deflower scene if they will do it right or be lazzy and drop blood/pain like so many games does, but time will tell.

Choices 5/5
    You can freely pick who ever you want to be with so thats damn nice, i do wish they would explain girls background better like Ashley i did like her but dont want to go after her if shes already in a lesbian relationship so you will already have turned her down and closed her path before knowing anything and i dont like that.

Music 4/5
    Its good music that suits the scenes and the game.

Content 3/5
    There is alot of content but its a real slowburn like i said earliere game has bare even started on the main story yet so i expect it will be quite a few more years before this will ever get finished, like 5+ considering its 2+ now and still only done a single chapter and a very long prologue that dident even explain much or tell you anything about girls background other then the 2 main ones.

I will give this 4 stars and return to it later once theres alot more chapters and it might end out being a 5 star game by then, it does have the potential.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

ChiMasterOne

A good begining. The renders are quite good and will not leave you unsatisfied. The story is, as you'd expect, is somewhat average. A couple of plot twists would spice the Novell up, in my point of view. Let's see how this one "young guy" goes ;)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Supernaturialus

LIke it a lot! Love the fact, that every character is fresh and sexy on his own. No copied models like i see everywhere else and relatable dialogues. Wish there would be more updates in a shorter time, but i know that its hard work. Keep it up!
  6. 2.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I really want to like this VN, but it is so maddening.

For the good, the renders and the animation are great and the characters, for the most part, have some pretty good depth. I like that there are dudes in the story... it makes the environment seem more realistic. And the writing is good... from a technical perspective anyway.

The story, on the other hand, is just a rambling wreck. I mean, wth is actually going on? The MC has some kind of super powers yet he seems to forget things. The story seems to slide forwards and backwards without warning and I think there was even a flash sideways. There there is the free roam... I don't understand why there is a free roam if you have to interact with everyone and everything to get out of it. What is the point? Just make it linear and stop with the silly free roam.

Then suddenly, I find the MC in some kind of fantasy setting with magic and I was like wtf? How did we get here? And what was the deal with the medicine? That was never explained.

Then, of course, Vania moves away and then the MC and Zoe decide to follower her. And surprise, surprise... everyone else shows up in the same town. Right... good thing she moved away...

IDK, the dev is seriously talented, but it feels like they had a great idea on how to start it but are just winging the story as it goes along. There are so many loose ends and weird jumps that it keeps the reader wondering what is happening, where is it happening and when in the timeline is it happening?

I am obviously in the minority here, but I guess I just expect better from this dev. As I said, they have some serious skills but they need to stop what they are doing and plot out the story all the way to the end before going any further. And if they have already done that, then I guess I can expect more of the same moving forward.

On the fapping hand... if you like good renders and animation and are just here for the fapping, you should download and give it a try. It really is very good.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Dessolos

I want to give it 5/5 because I liked this one that much but if im being fair I should just give it 4 or 4/5 stars as it's too early to say if it deserves 5 stars.

I'm gonna do my best to not be biased on this one because Zoe is such a cutie hard for me to not like this game. But so far I found this game really enjoyable. Enough so I think it's up to with some of my favorites despite those ones being alot better. But that's also because this one is very early on in the developments cycle.

Story :
    Overall it's really great so far and I love how it has a different take on things. Instead of MC moving in to a house full of girls. He moves to the city with his best friends and moves in with them a different take.

There is a good amount of content for only a Prologue and a Chapter 1. There is some mystery to the story but it's too early to say if it's good or not.

When it comes to the MC hey may be weak when he isnt using his " superpower" or whatever it is on accident. But he does stick up for himself and friends even if he is a weakling in a fight. The only moment that me facepalm with this MC. Is when he didt know the difference between a tomato and a red bell pepper. Guess they were trying to show how bad his memory issues were idk it felt weird. But that is a minior nickpick.

There is some dream scenes in this game. Most of them are fine as they are showing the MC is having some kind of nightmare or something weird is going on with him or it is a story from your friends book. They usually are short. The last one tho was a alot longer than previous ones and had a sex scene in it. That one made me question what the point in it is might be something related to the MC's power that will be answered later.

Characters:
    Nothing to not like about the main cast of characters so far. The only ones I dislike are the ones you meant to or the 2 characters that just want the MC's dick they feel a bit annoying at times. But those 2 characters dont show up too often.

When it comes to the girls honestly they all look really pretty damn good. Especially Zoe she is a cutie and might be on my top 10 list now. Speaking of Zoe she is what I like in a slow burn character. One that wants to have sex but is hesitant and just slow progressively does more instead of going from 0 to 100 and having sex all of sudden. The slow burn with Zoe really does feel natural. Only thing is I would like some more romance between Zoe or Vania ( The 2 main girls) . Like going out on a date or something but what romance is there is pretty decent so far.

Jacob the MC's best friend he is one of the better friends ive seen in awhile in a game. Some may find his goofiness annoying here and there. But he does feel like he has the MC"s back and is there for him and he is only doing minor stupid things nothing bad. So far he comes across as a good person.

Renders & Animations -
    Most of the time they are good nothing really bad for me to say about them. Same goes with animation. Both nothing amazing either.

Writing and Dialogue - I personally have no problem with it tho I did noticed a few typos in Chapter 1 not many. I say to judge this for your self as it's very subjective if dialogue and writing is good or bad. I never think about it most of the time as I play these games so I shouldn't be one to judge it.. That and im a easy person to please and get enjoyment out of games.

Free roam - it isn't terrible but I can see it being annoying if you didn't enable unlimited energy for the free roam.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ music
    + renders & animations

- story, characters & conversations are boring
    - relationship development looks unnatural
    - we got more action with some random lesbians than with main LI's
    - mc is a brainless pussy, i'm really tired of these type mc's in avn
    - sex scenes are short and disappointing
    - cockblocking

game is still in early stage, 2 stars for now, mainly because of story and really pathetic mc
  9. 5.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

I genuinely fell in love with this game,it's soo good. Though it starts off with a cliche intro the story only gets better & better with each update.

The writing is phenomenal especially after the move to city.To back it up the memorable cast only elevates it into a whole new level.Animations are top notch.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

maankamara

I would love to enjoy this more but it's just not very good. It feels like it's all over the place. It has wide range of characters, but there are already multiple mutually exclusive choices. And so far there's not nearly enough depth to exclude content in my opinion. That might change one day, but I highly doubt it considering how much work it would be to make meaningful path alternatives.

I'm unsure what the actual plan is, but so far it seems like there's a couple of main love interests and neither seems particularly likely to accept poly-amorous lifestyle. In that regard it seems like a typical design failure: wanting to make realistic monogamous love story, but filling the actual game with shallow side characters in the style of harem fantasy games. You really should pick one or the other, the mix can be done, but you'll need ingenious writing to keep it together. And this is not it.

The game flaunts it in your face that you miss a scene because of your earlier choices to go after somebody else by giving you grayed out choices. I do understand what the idea is, that choices matter and you can do multiple different playthroughs, all that. But the thing is, if you want that then the story needs to actually change, not just play exactly the same with only different nudes in between. I believe there was one decent attempt of this currently, but with the mostly shared main path and pointless sandbox segments I certainly did not feel like playing a new game to see what I missed even though I would be interested in the characters I missed.

Behind the scenes it seem that you gather relationship points, you miss a scene if not enough of them and it seems most of the scenes you miss also would boost the stats so you'll miss the next scene too with no chance to catch up, but in reverse you seem to be able to drop from the expected point path, so you can only lose. With the mutually exclusive choices, one chapter in, and the player has had to drop at least two characters off, at least so it would seem.

Doesn't seem sustainable. At the very least it will be lot of wasted effort for no benefit. And speaking of wasted effort: Don't we all just love when the story is interrupted with dream sequences of characters that have no meaning to the actual story and serve no purpose whatsoever? Just to get some naked skin into updates without progressing any actual story arcs? Yeah, this game does that too. "It was just a dream". Unless of course the author plans to tie-in this dream world with some multiverse arc, I sure hope not.

Then there's the classic adult VN thing where you have near-sex with your love interest just to delay the actual penetration for the game. I understand people like slow-burn, but that doesn't mean your characters get intimate only to turn back at the very last moment just because it's a game and we're only in chapter 1. Or maybe there's a culture that I just don't know about where it's natural to have your dick dip in a girl twice on different occasions without going further just to avoid 'the taboo' of penetration. Seriously, if you read this and you are over 18 and you've fucked somebody's thighs without ever penetrating them I'd love to hear your story in DMs. I want to educate myself. Seems so common in these games it might just happen somewhere for real.

This review was written at chapter 1 part 3. The review is all over the place. Just like this game.

PS. There are good things in there too. I would likely enjoy an entire game about any one of the main characters alone more than this potpourri. Some focus would do a world of good here.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

drconfused

At first I honestly thought I wouldn't like this, I thought it started out pretty meh but the story became quite engaging and the characters are pretty decent. I will definitely do more playthroughs as future updates come out.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Reggie32

Very happy to give this a 5 for the first update to get more people to notice it.

a strong opening and good character models.

the balance between the LI’s is great a feels very cohesive.

Looking forward for more
  13. 5.00 star(s)

johnman300

The first part of the story is complete so I feel comfortable giving this a high rating. It was a little rough when the game started, but the edges have been smoothed out considerable. The dev might want to get the translation proofread a smidge more, but the English as a whole was fine. The biggest issue I see in games that have been translated into English is that there tends to be a same-yness to all the dialogue. That isn't the case here. All the LI has their own voices, and come off as very different people from everyone around them. Very well done!
    Many other reviewers have mentioned this, but the game is graphically on point. A-tier renders throughout. The girls are beautiful and realistically proportioned. There are some big breasted women for those interested in voluptuous milfs, but there are plenty of petite girls too. There is also a variety of looks as well from the alt-girl to the girl next door. There isn't a same-yness from girl to girl that also often exists in games when the dev obviously has a model he/she likes.
    Very well done Mr. Kuchi. And as he is fond of saying, he apparantly loves us all.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

Review for reworked version
    Straight of the bat, what an amazing experience it was playing this game. Lets start with the story, as I personally think this might be the most important. The story is starting to look like a real masterpiece, great use of flash backs / flash forward which creates extra intrigue and interest in the story. I find myself caring about what happens and I read all the dialogue. So that was really amazingly done.

Talking about the dialogue itself, I feel very postive about that as well. Thoughts were implemented for the love interests but also for the MC and quite detailed actually. This just created more character for the love interests and the MC.

The English was a little bit rough in certain occasions but it wasnt bothering me at all, just some minor mistakes.

Moving on from the story/dialogue I will talk about the graphics of this game. First of all, the general graphic were splendid nothing to complain really. The girls look very sexy and as a huge plus animations were implemented and were really smooth. To Graphics basically as good it gets really.

Extra things like music and mechanics were also really good. Music was fitting, only the main menu music might be a bit too much. As in it feels like the game is already starting, but we just enter the main menu. But its really not that important to be honest. Free roams were implemented in this game, which gave something extra and for people who absolutely detest free roams the free roams were quite easy and there is a to do list which also shows the optional tasks so that you do not miss out on anything if you prefer.

Yeah, what can I say. This game was just really good, it does kinda feel like what we have seen as in story wise is not that important or like it is not what the game is really about. It feels kinda like a very good beginning of what is actually about too happen. Im excited about that and I hope you give this game a go. It deserves it.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

homejorz

very good game. subtle and fun with lots of hot girls. story is interesting even if a little predictable and interface is pretty good also. I don't remember playing it before the rework, but the sex scenes are great, and the renders also look pretty damn nice. keep up the good work dev
  16. 3.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

Has a bunch of side stories that dont go anywhere and why would you care about?

Renders are excellent except mc who is a complete douche with eyeliner, alien penis, cowardice and fear of women.

Shows nude content that you're not part of so theres no reason for you to see or know about - eg friends mother masturbating

Even when MC gets hit on inexplicably by the hot friend, you have to see his cowardly thoughts about just wanting to stop.

Sadly the great renders cant make up for the MC yet. I'll probably give it just one more release to see if it improves as things progress
  17. 3.00 star(s)

consumptionist

V. reworked prologue update

renders are above average and the characters are all seemingly well proportioned, aside from MC's mega dick, so nothing abnormal for the eyes like mammoth butts and breasts everywhere.
    none of the images takes away from the game so visually everything is pretty solid. could be better, but not by much.

the story and premise is a little slow and lacks a real hook. it's a comfortable enough story, but it lacks any dazzle. boy meets lots of girls and easily has sex with all HE decides to. pretty standard stuff for an adult VN right? attach to story that he has superpowers just awakening..........
    yeah it's almost run=of-the-mill after years on this site.

dialogue is a little childish in places but considering the ages of the characters, my opinion may be clouded by my own aging years and how we all turn into our parents :D

the sandbox is well implemented and not overused, so max props for that.

it has a good quality to it and is far and above some of the thoughtless projects alive on this site and is a worthy read......right up until the developer makes the most ridiculous decision to put the dialogue, they want you to read, on a background you cannot see it on.
    if only we lived in a world where game developers actually looked at what they are going to release before they release it. just think of all those writing errors and completely stupid decisions , like previously mentioned, could be avoided and we readers/players get to actually experience the game/VN as intended. of such a world we can only dream.....or just stick with large game studio releases who know better than to make such obvious mistakes.

errors aside, it may indeed get better with time as there are sure signs that the developer is learning and developing themselves from the process. one to revisit sometime in the future, but not await with each update for me.

it may be your thing as not all of us are here just for a good read, but for those of you who are like me and prefer the N more or as much as the V, i think this one is still awaiting the fires to be lit.

the match is lit and now we wait to see if the fire catches.....
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Zuhl

I like the game The face gives free space I find the characters intreatn my favorites so far Vania and Ruby(Artist Name) starts like a typical romantic scholl story then comes with a secret like in spider man or holk fime. You could argue about whether it was really necessary, but it does make sense and it doesn't really bother you. and I think one likes it soag very much. it will definitely be a pleasure to follow this project and see how it goes
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ThattyHentai

mapeie-memap still confusing despite improving a lot in updates, beautiful and well-crafted characters, the story is average because it's getting lost in the middle of so much drama. Still, congratulations.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

+An intriguing mystery story
    +Characters with personality and interesting storylines
    +Reasonably open enough to play the MC the way you want to
    +Great dialogue
    +Beautiful renders
    +Awesome, hot girls

-Me worrying about how terrible Elizabeth's back pains must be after carrying those two watermelons attached to her chest 24/7
    -Uncle's mustache
    -Uncle's cooking