RPGM - Completed - Ona-sapo The Fap Hero Prisoner [v1.01] [Apple_Rooftop]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Adto

I know I shouldn't start complaining about the developer, but having games that genuinely have much more variety and quality than this one (cough Monster Girl Academy cough), it's disappointing that more than half of the animations are either directly recycled from previous games, or they are a loop of other animations already seen of other characters.

Not to mention the mechanics, which to this day remain the same with slight changes from other of the same games; Which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the first thing I said. It makes all the grinding that forces you to play feel forced and completely unjustified (Damn, if a boss doesn't have a variation of its minor version... we already have a problem there).

It looks like Monster Girl Academy was made by someone else when you see this :/.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Slack00

I quite enjoyed this game, but I played it with the cheat mod installed (increases experience and money earned), If you play it with the cheat mod installed, it seems like a well-balanced game...but without it, I imagine it would be a boner killing grindfest of the first order.

I like the extremely simplified "exploring" (you literally just press a button to go down every dungeon level--which is just represented by a single room--and you either encounter something or you don't.) That takes a LOT of the dead time out of wandering around. There's only 6 dungeons of increasing difficulty; each one has 4 different monsters and a boss (and some random encounters which makes things a little bit interesting). Time passes in the dungeon and it will flip from day (when the girls mostly do fellatio and handjobs) to night (when the girls get more difficult and the animation is of sex poses and other penetration). Each girl has several different day and nighttime animations, so that cuts down on a lot of the potential repetitiveness.

Monstergirls range from lolis to busty girls to super busty ones, and they all have sound effects. I guess I'm not really into monstergirls, and some of them seem like poor choices. Weve got a slug girl (loli) and a caterpillar girl for example. Hmmm. Also, half of the monstergirls are similar duplicates (variations on the same body and animations). Honestly I wish they weren't monster girls at all....but then you wouldn't be fighting them in a dungeon and there'd be no reason for the plot. Oh well.

I like the active time battles, because there's a continuously animated sex image happening while you wait to hit the attack button again. Definitely appreciated...but yeah, would seem time consuming or repetitive if you had to kill 100 of them to raise a level.

The bosses are mostly fantastic (to my tastes) and are a good endcap to each dungeon.

There's an in-game gallery of each monstergirl provided you kill enough of each type. It was for this reason (because I'm a bit of a completionist) that Id go back into each dungeon a second time, and this significantly extended my playing time. If you don't do that, you could get through this game in probably 4 hours, but I think I lingered for 8-10.

An enjoyable game...but only provided you install that cheat mod.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

dudibudi

Review of v1.01

I tried to play this a week ago and already forgot the premise of this game. You go through a dungeon? I dont know and I will never find out.

Cons:
    -The gameplay is a drastic change from what Iam used from apple_rooftop. Usually it was some sort of vanilla rpg with interesting dynamic fights where you could attack different body parts and manage your debuffs and special conditions of your enemies. Now its....waiting. Watch the same animation for because each enemy only has one. And then wait for you to do something. Than choose an action, then wait and watch the almost not changing animation you already saw 5 times from beginning to finish. Rince and repeat. Slow, boring and a heavy downgrade from the previous games.
    -There is only playing one animation when you "fight" (instead of multiple per monster girl like before). They get multiple stages of the same animation in the fight, but this does not change the fact, thats only one and always the same.
    -Hope you like pseudo-futa. Gonna jerk thos pseudo dicks. And since you cant choose which body part you attack you will jerk off those girls.
    -The rythm beat bar serves no function except to see your lifetime slip away in a rythm fashion.

Pros:
    +The sprite and artwork is the same quality than previous titles but not the same quantitiy.

I grinded and played every rpg game from apple_rooftop and this game is just not on the same level. I guess he tried something new but it just does not work. I give this game 2 Stars because I could not play it. Maybe there will come more. But I tried to play this game multiple times and I could not force myself to the first boss. I just cant see myself enjoying the gameplay.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

NTR Recovery Experts

You can tell a lot of work went into the sprites, every single one is outstanding... so why do I hate it?

I think it all started when I spent 1 hour getting molested by the same squirrel in the first level.

This is an active time rpg, but what that really means is that I need to wait 20 seconds before I can attack again, in fights that can last minutes. There is nothing you can do to actively influence a fight, its just waiting, clicking attack, then waiting some more. It practically plays itself and enemies are plentiful so it gets repetitive very quickly. Eventually I got so board I fell asleep mid-battle... and I won.

It looks very good, but just use the 100% complete save, the game portion is tedium personified.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

theunknownthird

I'm not so sure, Rick. I don't think this is it.

I've been wanting more from this circle for a while now, and while I don't allow my own expectations to create hype for myself, I can't say that I'm enjoying Ona-sapo.

Apple_Rooftop always had a thing for weird character designs, but they were usually good at balancing them with enough straightforward or even standard fantasy ones to reduce the tonal shock. That's why I knew things were gonna get rough when the first area was Candyland, and all the succubi were themed around food. Or rather, they were food. I'm talking one that has a piping bag for a penis, and another had a strawberry. Not strawberry-textured penis; no, she had a strawberry.

The gameplay feels like a step backward from Monmusu school. In that one, you could see where the enemies are, so you could plan ahead. You could also choose to avoid fights in the overworld, even if eluding enemies wasn't always easy, rather than only with the Escape option in a fight. Here, you advance through a dungeon that is a single corridor by picking the 'advance' option and get random events.
    The frequency of random events is absurd. If you go 4 steps without getting one, you are a living unicorn. Considering that the event could be a fight or anything else, buffing yourself at any point of the corridor is a crapshoot because your buffs expire in real time.

Speaking of which, this game's dungeons run on a real world timer. This timer is tied to a hunger meter that constantly ticks down. Food can only be found in the dungeons, since you can't have any food in the main hub itself, nor bring any food with you to the levels. A good idea in theory, but not when this timer is always ticking down, even if you are doing nothing or during your own attack commands.

Combat also runs on a timer now. The enemy attacks run through 8 beats and deal damage once those are over. However, the damage feels random compared to the intensity of the beats. And once your action bar fills up, you can choose what to do; but the game won't stop while you navigate the clunky RPG Maker menus! So you better be quick, remember where everything is, and don't fat finger anything! (Oh yeah, and characters as early as the first dungeon get to buff themselves or debuff you for free, mechanic that usually has tremendous impact in this circle's games. Buffing or debuffing was normally reserved for mid-game enemies at the earliest.)

Lastly, the lewd aspect feels lacking. Most enemies have three loops of similar foreplay actions, and then two vaginal and one anal variations for intercourse, with slow and fast speeds for each. While I don't expect the pinnacle of animation, watching the fast speed loops makes me think I'm going to have a seizure, and I don't suffer from those, a far cry from what the studio delivered in previous games.
    The final nail in the coffin comes from randomising your own attack animations. You only get two, picked at random when you press attack. If you'll have a battlefuck system, give the player agency. Let them explore and exploit their preferences as much as possible.

I don't think that this is a terrible game. The characters are still charming, the game starts almost instantly after a generic cutscene (that makes it obvious the circle liked Tears of the Kingdom,) and there is plenty of content if you like the offering. I just think Monmusu School is a lot better.

TL;DR: While there's some enjoyment to be had from this game, you'll often find yourself working against it rather than with it. If this is your first game from this circle, I recommend you check their other offerings.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

cunning_linguist

Another fantastic BFRPG courtesy of Apple Rooftop. This game really cuts to the chase and lets us dig deep into the battle fuck goodness. As is tradition with this studio's games, you are trapped in a labyrinth and the only way out is to survive your way through hoards of cute monster girls. The pixel art is gorgeous, and the animations are top notch.

To progress through the game, you need to dive into a number of labyrinths and beat their bosses to reach the final boss. Exploration is entirely simplified, with everything being handled in the menu. You can advance a step in the dungeon or use your skills/items to prepare for the next battle. Each step you take can result in a variety of events, from obstacles to enemies or even something beneficial.

As you explore, there are some real time elements the game tracks. First and most importantly is your hunger gauge which you need to keep up if you don't want to start rapidly losing HP in real time, both in and out of battle. The other is the day/night cycle. During the day time, monster girls will be more tame and easier to run away from, while at night they become aggressive and next to impossible to run from at first. You also can only pick up recipes to forge accessories during the daytime, so quickly exploring and using hourglasses you can only buy from the random in-dungeon shops will be necessary.

Battles take place in an ATB style, where over time the monster's pleasure gauge will raise as your HP falls. If the monster's pleasure maxes out or if your HP falls to 0, then the battle ends. Once your turn comes through, you can take a variety of actions from attacking to speed up combat, using a variety of skills, or using an item to gain the edge in combat. Because your HP is constantly draining and your turns aren't instant, each action will matter a lot and you'll need to plan ahead. Thankfully combat isn't too quick, and the nice part is that enemies will cycle through a number of animations so you're never bored during fights.

With a nice refinement to the BFRPG formula that cuts out as much fluff as possible, this game is great for any session short or long as you'll stay engaged the whole way through.