Once again my antivirus removes a Pandora's box file due to virus

crusherg

Feb 18, 2019
Is F95 zone really monitoring and checking for viruses on any programs that are being uploaded here? Im having doubts since I just downloaded the game Pandora's box game here and my antivirus pulled the game file off due to having a virus....You all need to REALLY start checking and monitoring and if you aren't then tell people to download at your own risk. I have had some good downloads on here so lets get Pandora's box fixed or removed or prove it to me that it isn't virus laden...Thanks!

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
Maybe you should get a better AV?
Renpy is known for false positives.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Is F95 zone really monitoring and checking for viruses on any programs that are being uploaded here? Im having doubts since I just downloaded the game Pandora's box game here and my antivirus pulled the game file off due to having a virus....You all need to REALLY start checking and monitoring and if you aren't then tell people to download at your own risk. I have had some good downloads on here so lets get Pandora's box fixed or removed or prove it to me that it isn't virus laden...Thanks!
What's your AV? Not saying you don't have a point but most uploads here are scanned for viruses before they're uploaded and not many people have commented about that in the thread either (Unless I've missed something during my quick scan of the thread).

@F95 beat me to the scan results but here they are anyway.

1553042173100.png

crusherg

Feb 18, 2019
My av says the file has the same characteristics of a trojan dropper....so it has quarantine it. If you read some of the threads there has been acouple of viruses going through here. So I would just pass the headache and not download those games that whether or not create false positives on your av's ...just in case. You would think that programmers or creators wouldn't make their games files not look like a virus...hmmm. So Im telling yous to download at your own risk...perfection doesn't exist.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
What AV are you using, I just downloaded and scanned it with avast and it found nothing. Things like mcafee and norton are known to be pains in ass for false positives.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No, they don't check them all.

This is a pirate site not an above board upload site. You should always be careful what you download despite mods and uploaders doing what they can, they don't check everything.

Rules on uploads are pretty lax because, again, it's a piracy site.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
No, they don't check them all.

This is a pirate site not an above board upload site. You should always be careful what you download despite mods and uploaders doing what they can, they don't check everything.

Rules on uploads are pretty lax because, again, it's a piracy site.
I don't speak for everyone, but I always scan for viruses and verify that the version is correct before uploading. I'm pretty sure most of the other uploaders do the same

Reactions: mickydoo