VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Once in a Lifetime [v1.0] [Caribdis]

1. 5.00 star(s)

luckyluca01

Hilarious. i fucking love this game. The Humor in this game is just the best. the characters make it so funny. Jack, tom and Stabby. these guys are just the best. I cant stop laughing. the girls are def unique as well. The dark elements of the story make this game really engaging.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Danray

Well as a weighted rating completed game on f95, it deserve that tilte. Good humor, good main storyline, beautiful girl, and not like Telltale, your choice have weight into it. I my most recommend game for everyone.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

whysoserious222

I'm not really a harem kind of guy, I prefer games with single paths and single LI that you choose. I played this game blindly first time and I chose one of the girls and rejected the other ones, and the game was really unsatisfying, I CTRLd through it and it was kind of meh.

I gave this game a second chance, read about it more, read every single word in this game, accepted every single girl and opportunity and by playing like this - this game became really good. Humour is great, girls are great, story is kind of average for me in terms of main plot, but writing and dialogues are superb and that's what I'm looking for in games really. So, playing 2nd time, I had a blast, even though core game elements are not really my thing, but the game is so fun in itself that it nulifies bad stuff, you just have to play it properly.

I have to mention few things I didn't like:
    1. MC's look - it took me a long time to accept it, had a really hard time playing this dude as "me"
    2. HS - it's not really mu cup of tea, I don't like and don't play games based on HS,

But these are small things, overally - amazing game, around top10-20 games I played
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Steuan

One of the best AVNs I have ever played.

The story, while not particularly unpredictable is super enjoyable and fun. There is an outstanding pace between silly and serious that makes sure that neither aspect of the game gets old or tiring.

The choices that are made, while important, don't feel so heavy to the point where you're almost too anxious to make a choice. And the inclusion of the walkthrough is very much appreciated. I hope there will be a complete walkthrough for Eternum as well.

My only real complaint is that I found the MC to be a bit creepy looking to the point where I needed a bit of time to get used to his looks.

Aside from that, I loved every bit of the game to the point that I completed in in a few days.

Excellent work all around.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

SwallowTheMoon

Wow. What an experience. What an adventure. Absolutely brilliant.

Stabby Mike for president. All girls best girls. Caribdis had a vision. I can't recommend this game enough.

---

The writing was great. Some spelling mistakes and mild awkwardness here and there, but what he tried to convey was good. Humor was on point and the story was suspensful and interesting to see unfold. Classic ecchi progression.

Renders were fine. Character designs were nice. Overall, characters were memorable.

The sound design was good.

Gameplay aspects were a bit of a mess. Wasn't a fan of having to click for different H-scene perspectives. Could have just shown the different perspectives during the H scenes without the need to click extra buttons. Would have fit better if there were a multitude of positions to choose from. Still, not really detrimental to the experience.

---

Overall one of the best games on this site, I'd say. Especially since it's complete and does not try to bite off more than it could chew. Would recommend!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

rmz666

This one is my comfort food. I always come back to it when I just want to relax and enjoy the lighthearted fun with the cuties. Sure it can't compete with the newest HS2 bling, but I don't care. Love it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

darkscare

One of the best game I've ever played
    The humour was perfect, it didn't feel forced and made the game more interesting
    The characters were so much Loveable
    The renders were perfect and the story line started fun and ended with a serious tone
    It was like watch a fantasy movie
    The teacher character is my favourite and the body was designed perfectly
  8. 5.00 star(s)

turbolover

A outstanding AVN.
    Top notch story, great humor, likeable characters, good sounds/musics, beautiful renders, right amount of sex scenes, different choices that really matters and the possibillity of differents endings.

Stabby Mike 4 President
  9. 5.00 star(s)

iamcomming

pros:
    -great story
    -great humor (maybe the best)
    -good and fun characters
    -eazy to understand the dialogs
    -lewd scenes are good
    -music is good enough
    -choices are good too

this game is one of the bests in my opinion
  10. 5.00 star(s)

DLer4321

This is definitely one of the best completed AVNs available right now despite it's age showing visually next to newly releasing games. The dev clearly put a lot of effort into getting what they could out of what they had at the time with character models and scenes and it pays off.

The story is quite comedy focused and over the top but it fully embraces it and kept me interested throughout.

People will make comparisons to Eternum naturally as it's the same developer and whilst I do think Eternum is likely going to beat this at the end of its development I have to say that Once in a Lifetime holds up very well against it. The fact that it's actually finished is a huge bonus in a world where very few of the top choices are close to completion.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

no_name1998

For a hentai game to have humor. It really surprised me. The character also 5 out of 5 sexy. The story also interesting though i expect more if i picked the bad ending but still it was a good game. Thanks dev. Love judie btw
  12. 5.00 star(s)

stimtheone

Comparing this to Eternum is unfair, but I came to find it because of that game. That does not mean it does not have its quality.

The plot has consistency, the humor is on point, the girls feel very distinct and one can feel more like they are experiencing a story rather than just another titty game. Yes, yes... the models are lower quality than what came after, but they are better quality than you see in most places.

It's one of those games where you come for the tits and stay for the plot, with Rebecca and Iris falling as great favorites. They feel more than just stereotypes. Again, while the later work is indeed better, this thing still scores high. ESPECIALLY because of the humor. You will learn to love Mike.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

KCNC11

I can't believe the best part about this game was how happy I was to see mike at the end...i nearly cried at that point jeez this game gas a good ending..... I would totally recommend this game. The animations are so smooth despite my phone being a little older and the plot was interesting.. it lacked in some aspects but the comedy and the ending more than made up for it. I loved the game and I give my thanks to the creator for the wonderful experience this game has given me.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

gmatrick

Excellent game, the story is SOOO good, the animations are 10/10 and the jokes are in point I in love with the characters. I wish more game are like this.

That Simpsons reference is a plus, that is the only reason of why I'm rating this game with 5 stars lol
  15. 4.00 star(s)

nalgonas4ever

Even for the time this vn was made, and the shortcomings in some aspects that overall aren't that important, OiaL is a fantastic game, if you can connect with the story and the writing then youre in for a very fun ride. The kind of charm that the new and more popular game from Caribdis isn't missing here, theres a good amount of replay value and the renders are good most of the time. I had a lot of fun with this one since I can get passed some of the most corny or cliché parts of the writing.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

typhlo19

Highly recommended, downloaded for the sex, but the content and effort in storytelling is definitely worth the play as well. Do check out the author's other work in progress, another masterpiece in making.

-Sex scenes 5/5
    -Story 5/5
    -Humor 4/5
    -Length 4/5
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Raze25

My favourite part about this game, aside from it having some very hot scenarios and really sexy characters, is the humour. It was really, really funny and the ending (with a legitimately good song) leaves you very satisfied with your experience.
    I found the stepmom scenes kinda mid and I wish it was longer and had more scenes, especially with the stepsisters and Aiko, but I'm sure it already took a lot of effort to make everything there already is. Great game nevertheless.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

0000000nowhere

I made the mistake of ignoring this game for years due to its somewhat cartoonish aesthetics, but I’m really glad I eventually gave it a chance!

The best way I can put it is this: would you rather play a soulless AAA release with shiny graphics, or a fun indie game that’s a bit rough around the edges?
  19. 4.00 star(s)

FlamingLizard

The game is showing it's age a little bit but Caribdis has his talents on display here in abundance. I found the first half less interesting but things really improved in the second half. Lauren is hawt.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Alxwolf74

One of my personal favorites, one those games you genuinely like for the plot. comedy and character design, some might argue that the MC face is very close to the uncanney valley but it's so funny and well implemented I can look past it. Really good animations and routes.