VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Once in a Lifetime [v1.0] [Caribdis]

1. 4.00 star(s)

some0ne_9

Congratz Caribdis on completing this great game.

I found it witty, bug free, fun and very hot

Lauren is probably my favorite with Judie very close behind. that last scene with both of them was fantastic.

A little minor nitpick but Lauren should have been older than MC not younger
    being younger doesn't add much or broaden the fetish list since you have 2 younger sisters.

Another thing while the models are hot most of their eyes look very similar.

Wish there was a threesome or foursome with Carla and her daughters.

now as for my issue with game was
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good luck with your next project.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Autismo01

The girls are pretty and there are some genuinely funny scenes here and there. I would have rated the game 5 stars if it had a proper harem scene towards the end. Nevertheless it is a pretty fun game, I would highly recommend playing it.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Feed your chickens

Pretty good, but one negative thing to note is that the dev couldn't let go of their favorite body type so all girls have the same big boobs, slim waists and thicc hips so there is barely any body type variety.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Curvy_PP

I'm finished this game and I'm crying. I want more of this wonderful game. I don't know an adult game can have this impact of a story. Wow, the comedic timings are so good, kept me rolling. Awaiting for the next part. 5/5.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Baanaka

This is one of the best games I've ever played, the plot and content are so amazing, it's like watching a detective adventure movie. Unfortunately it ended quite early, I hope the game developer will consider and continue to release part 2 of this great game. thanks XD
  6. 5.00 star(s)

X775

An absolute treat of a game with a compelling story, legit horror, and some amazing humor throughout. Wonderful characters with interesting and diverging arcs along with some excellent scenes. The supernatural stuff was a mixture of scary and hilarity with genuine laughs out loud.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

bip77

I've played about ~250 games from this site and this is *by far* the best!
    The story kept me playing, the girls are lovable and erotic and fortunately not the submissive stereotype often seen.The mc is acting responsible, funny and not awkward. I also liked the background scenes like Tom hiding his victim in the bushes. :ROFLMAO:
    The Tom and "Fat Jack" stories are funny anyway.
    HS1 models are almost always a bit lewd and at the same time innocent regarding their face expressions what works excellent here.
    Normally I'm not into milfs but here Carla and Rebecca were just adorable and sexy.
    And even though I find vanilla sex scenes often quite boring in most games I have to admit that these were some of the most erotic scenes I encountered in a game. Maybe because of all the parts were just fitting so well together?!
    And Aiko and Jasmine were the very welcomed extra spice. :love:
    This is certainly also one of the very few games I would recommend to people never played an adult game before. ;)
    It never feels embarrassing or awkward.
    The writing is good - never too less, never too many.
    What else can I add? Masterpiece!
    (y)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dante625

I had my doubts about this game, thinking it will just be a shallow ecchi game with too "Japanised" models and a cringe-inducing story but man am I glad to be wrong!!

The story is as fluid as can be; the funny bits, the sexy bits fuse really well with the background and the story progression. The pop culture references, the over-dramatized facial expressions, the cliche encounters; everything that I feared might be a turn off, actually made the game that much more fun.

Story: 5/5
    Renders: 5/5
    Animations: 5/5
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Caryland

I just finished the game, I'm a bit of loss for words right now. This game really does deserve to be looked at as one of the best games on this site.

For me there are 3 things which I look for most in VN games, the visuals, the story and the characters. While I'm not a massive fan of the honey select style in game, all the characters look great, the animations are well done, and subtle things like raised eyebrows or eye movements are done really well and bring life to the scenes.

The characters are all unique and likeable. The relationships grow over time and feel for the most part natural. Its really hard not to like any of the main characters in the game. The MC is also likeable, which is very important as you're playing as him!

The story just blew me away. It was interesting until the end, but it also made you really care about the characters in the end. No spoilers here, but there were a few times I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up a little at times during the last few scenes and the ending. The ending felt natural, not rushed, well paced, which I find is a big problem with a lot of the games on here, they're not sure how to end. This game's story flowed perfectly in that regard.

The writing was very good, and quite funny, with lots of humorous lines and renders. The overall presentation was great. The music and sound effects definitely added a lot to the overall experience and are very well done.

A great story is something that can invoke an emotional response in the viewer or reader, making a connection with the characters and their journey. Once in a Lifetime does that beautifully. I can't really say any more. One of my top rated games for sure. If you haven't played it, please do!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

edit99

Pretty fucking good. Read some of the comments praising it like it was the best thing ever so had to try it. Models look very hot, especially the mother. There's always the issue with pencil dick in Honey Select games but thankfully the dev took measures against that. Dialog is good too, I could tell that it wasn't made just to advance the plot but instead there was some thought behind it, with proper english.

Now the bad parts. Sex scenes could've been more creative. Didn't really feel the whole Sons of Astaroth business, it was like some villain from cartoons because there was no sense of danger while interacting with them. At times I thought there were going to be NTR routes on some choices but surprisingly there were none. I'm guessing the dev wanted to add them but changed his mind when he saw the manchidren on forum taking a fictitious sex game seriously and crying about their waifu fucking someone else. A shame honestly, we won't know what kind of complete game it wouldn't been.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1032201

One of the best H-games I've ever played, and I've played a lot of them. All the girls have their own personalities, and the same can be said of the supporting cast. The humor is especially excellent is this game ; I couldn't help but laugh out loud on more than one occasion and this kept me even more engaged in the developing story as it was progressing. The sex scenes are great and spread out such that they make the story more engaging, and there has not been a single moment where I felt bored or annoyed by what was happening. In this game, your choices matter: some decisions can have a lasting impact on the plot, and this give the player a lot of liberty over what he wants to accomplish and how. There are some complaints that you could have, like the fact that you can easily get locked out of the content for a girl by making a bad choice(You can see this immediately by checking the path you're on.), or that there isn't an overwhelming amount of content for each girl(Even though there's quite enough to be satisfied.), but these complaints are not so much the fault of the author as the inherent nature of such a large game, and it didn't bother me at all. Overall, it's a 10/10 for me.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Hoxton98

This is one of those games you HAVE to play, the story actually had me interested in what was happening and the characters all felt fleshed out and attractive, with just the right amount of teasing and rewarding. I honestly feel spoiled since I doubt I'll find another game like this any time soon.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

JustKillME

The pacing, the funny moments, the serious moments, the sexy moments, everything was good. Even the best ending is easily achievable, if you're kind to everyone and oh boy the endings is just great, even though a bit cheesy.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Eminence

Best writing for one of these games I have seen! Story premise was intriguing and the characters were just well written and really grew on you. The art is well done and the erotic moments were sexy. Highly recommend checking this out.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

ViewerOfVNs

This review is based on v1.0.

One sentence review - The funniest VN out there with so much good stuff going for it!

Visuals - 5/5 Don't listen to reviews about bad visuals, you can see what they are for yourself. They are wonderfully colored and gorgeous
    Story - 5/5 What starts as a basic perv story becomes a story with a lot of depth.
    Characters - 5/5 The characters have a lot of personality and there is a woman for pretty much everyone to enjoy.
    Music - 4/5 This is the only part of the game that lacks. It could use more sound effects and music is some of the chapters.
    Fappability - 5/5 One of the most fappable games out there!

Do yourself a favor, play this VN. 5/5.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

shiro8

It was simple yet amazing, I think it lacked some nice animations at the very end but the story was amazing, I laughed pretty hard sometimes. the scenes didn't seem forced which is a big plus for me. Top 10 for sure
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Air Space Frame

DesignGame is presented as a VN. Delightful storytelling that has a great mix of humour and pop culture references. Even has a plug for the next game in development. Main and supporting cast generally have enough depth and flavour for game length.2
    ProgrammingSound cues play on time and game is generally bug free. Forced rollbacks may cause issues though. Gallery only accessible through game start menu and not main menu. Endings not available in gallery.2
    Level creationGame element mainly revolves gaining affection points through decisions in the VN. Generally straightforward after a while with multiple endings and branches; some actions only reveal their consequences later on. Use of walkthrough is advised to get desired ending.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Art productionHoney Select studio used results in good looking models for characters. Creative use of body proportions and makeup to create the supporting cast. Lighting and posing was good. Backgrounds are generally low quality as a result of the studio’s limitations.2
    Audio productionChoice of music is well thought out. Sound effects are generally good though some are too loud or soft. No voice overs.2
    Final statementEmbark on a sweet, whimsical adventure with gorgeous women. Worth playing.9

Game edition reviewed: Once in a Lifetime [v1.0] [Caribdis]
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Veryperverse

Great game, a bit silly with some interesting twists that i didnt think were going to be popping up as we went along. Excited to see what path this ends up going down. Interesting harem story and want to see where the pregnancy aspect comes in.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Animoo

This one was great.

The story was surprisingly interesting - if ridiculous - but had some plot twists that I actually didn't call or expect. The humour landed with me most of the time, and a couple times I genuinely laughed out loud. The girls were cute and sexy (although perhaps a little unrealistically so) and I enjoyed all the lewd scenes with each of them of which it felt like there was just the right amount. There's also multiple endings that can be achieved, though IMO only the one feels right.

The only point I'd make is that I'd have liked some more time with the girls *during* the ending in place of some of the slides: particularly for the "harem" ending as it's not clear if they all know of each other at that point (and how fantastical/sexy that process was), and even more specifically if the player opts for the "pregnancy" route(s).

Overall, this game is a great time and is 100% worth checking out. Stabby Mike for president.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

klgreg

A great soup of humor, horror and obscene scenes, seasoned with a simple but entertaining plot. A great dish.
    The models of girls are sedentary, but as for me, they are very beautiful. In general, I liked it. I advise everyone to play.