Ren'Py One Night in Badger City [Prologue] [BudBoi]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
(1) Tons of choices...tons of confusion....now I'm stuck in a loop ...am I just at the end of the current update/material when I am stuck with choices to talk to everyone and can't do any missions cause they are all greyed out? Or am I missing something?
And with all the choices, would it be worth it to create a walkthrough at this point?

(2) And how do you get enough corruption to open the jail cell?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I edited my corruption to 200 and still got nothing.
Judging by previous comments, I'm gonna assume this scene hasn't been added yet.
And all the above concerns are also not implemented yet.
I'll check back in 6 months or so. Cool game, but still so much to be added. :)

Last edited:

rey103

May 4, 2020
what corruption level do you need to open the cell in jail bait side mission? im at a 105 and she still wont open it

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
what corruption level do you need to open the cell in jail bait side mission? im at a 105 and she still wont open it
I edited mine to 200 and it still didn't work. A comment before mine asked if the scene was still locked. That leads me to believe it is simply not added to the game, yet. And as much grinding as it takes to even reach 50 corruption, I assume even 100 is way more than should be necessary.

Reactions: rey103

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
One Night in Badger City [v0.4] [BudBoi] crunched fixed

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 784 MB / 87 MB - ONiBC-0.4.0-pc-crunched-fixed.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 749 MB / 52 MB - ONiBC-0.4.0-mac-crunched-fixed.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): -

Missing Image Fix (for previous unfixed version)
Copy/extract the content of the attached archive into the "game" folder.

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
is this animated?
No, sorry :(
I might try and learn how to make a smooth animation during winter break.

I edited mine to 200 and it still didn't work. A comment before mine asked if the scene was still locked. That leads me to believe it is simply not added to the game, yet. And as much grinding as it takes to even reach 50 corruption, I assume even 100 is way more than should be necessary.
Yeah, sorry about that. The scene hasn't been added yet. I meant to add the scene or remove that option but tried to rush the update before winter break and just forgot about it. My bad on that.

(1) Tons of choices...tons of confusion....now I'm stuck in a loop ...am I just at the end of the current update/material when I am stuck with choices to talk to everyone and can't do any missions cause they are all greyed out? Or am I missing something?
And with all the choices, would it be worth it to create a walkthrough at this point?

(2) And how do you get enough corruption to open the jail cell?

I edited my corruption to 200 and still got nothing.
Judging by previous comments, I'm gonna assume this scene hasn't been added yet.
And all the above concerns are also not implemented yet.
I'll check back in 6 months or so. Cool game, but still so much to be added. :)
For the most part, the main/side-quests get grayed out after you complete them (aside from main#2 which is unlocked through main#1 and side#2 which is the 'secret' quest). I don't think a walkthrough is necessary, but I'll see if I can add some sort of 'end of current content' notice.

I'll add a note next update if I put some more secret quests in. Honestly I'm not that happy with the way this one turned out cause the dialogue is pretty basic, the 'talk' options aren't as interactive or interesting, and the 'clues' for the secret quest were supposed to be placeholders. It was pretty rushed. I wanted to add an entire church section that moves the plot forward as well but :(

Glad you found it interesting though! Thanks again for playing through the game!

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.4

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
No, sorry :(
I might try and learn how to make a smooth animation during winter break.

Yeah, sorry about that. The scene hasn't been added yet. I meant to add the scene or remove that option but tried to rush the update before winter break and just forgot about it. My bad on that.

For the most part, the main/side-quests get grayed out after you complete them (aside from main#2 which is unlocked through main#1 and side#2 which is the 'secret' quest). I don't think a walkthrough is necessary, but I'll see if I can add some sort of 'end of current content' notice.

I'll add a note next update if I put some more secret quests in. Honestly I'm not that happy with the way this one turned out cause the dialogue is pretty basic, the 'talk' options aren't as interactive or interesting, and the 'clues' for the secret quest were supposed to be placeholders. It was pretty rushed. I wanted to add an entire church section that moves the plot forward as well but :(

Glad you found it interesting though! Thanks again for playing through the game!
I honestly like the game. I think it could easily turn into something great. I just got a little confused about where the end of the content was, but a notice would fix that. You're doin a fine job.

rey103

May 4, 2020
im actually cool with the game not having animations, personally. especially if it means less updates and too much work. i'm more in it for the scenarios. i'm really enjoying the story so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuddyBoi76

BuddyBoi76

May 14, 2021
Nothing happens with Blair in the hospital?
Nope, all 3 main quests are short and just meant to introduce new characters. I'm done with the character intros though, so stay tuned for the next one.

When is the next update?
No one knows for certain, least of all me :HideThePain:

im actually cool with the game not having scenarios, personally. especially if it means less updates and too much work. i'm more in it for the scenarios. i'm really enjoying the story so far.
Thanks, glad you liked it! I plan on making the next update more plot-focused since I'm done with intros. The updates are still going to be infrequent cause it's hard finding free time, and I'm currently learning how to animate :( thanks for your support though!

Reactions: Lastpaco
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote