Tool OneHandMode - Scripts to keep a hand free

OneHandMode

Sep 12, 2022
Hi

There are some games that require the use of both hands to play, and some that force you to move your hand while playing.

It could be keyboard for movement and mouse for interactions, or hard coded keys too far apart to reach with one hand.

Some also have annoying pop ups that can be difficult, or simply cumbersome, to click away.

Whenever I run into one of these games I usually write a small AutoHotKey Script to let me play the game one handed.

They are usually just quick and simple scripts that are intended to only work for me, but it wont take much work to make them usable for others as well.

I made this account to try to gauge if others might be interested in these scripts.

Since my account is new, I'm not allowed to share links yet, but I've made a script for Insexsity that is ready to be shared, if anyone is interested.

Insexsity as an example uses WASD to move the character, and the mouse for everything else. So I've made it possible to move the character only using the mouse.

I've also made scripts for several RPGmaker games that require both hands on the keyboard. Making them playable with one hand, but those scripts aren't ready for a public release just yet.

I figured since I already did most of the work by making these for myself, I could share them with others if there is interest.

Everything I code will be 100% free and open source.

I don't want to go through the trouble if no one even cares, so please let me know if you have a game you'd want me to make such a script for.

Reactions: darkdepths

darkdepths

May 2, 2020
Hey,

just out of bordem I looked for the first time in the Tools & Tutorials section and found this interesting thread. :D

There is one game I always wanted to play but didn't because it is an old RPGM game which forces you to use both hands.

https://f95zone.to/threads/urban-demons-v1-1-beta-nergal.3296/

I already tried a tutorial where you use rpgm trial version, unlock the files of the game and add a mouse script to no avail.
Unfortunately nothing worked and as far as I know it is impossible, so if you can help you will be my hero! ;)