Only receiving a few thread notifications

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Curious about some things abt my account.

Firstly... I'm only receiving alert notifications on some thread or private messages

I might receive 2 notifications out of 5 or 6 messages of the same thread.

In a private conversation w somone I've only received about half the notifications when he
has responded..

Under Settings, I have

1.PNG

Then further down the page under
"Receive a notification when someone..."
All boxes are checked except for the first one 'rated to a watched thread'

Anywho...thx for suggestions
Cheers

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I might receive 2 notifications out of 5 or 6 messages of the same thread.

In a private conversation w somone I've only received about half the notifications when he
has responded..
You'll only receive a notification if you've read the "whole thread" ; quotation marks because it suffice to read the last page to achieve this. But if the thread is "unread", you'll not get new notifications about it.

Reactions: Forgotted

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
To add to this; try fiddling with your account settings for when alerts are cleared. The numbers will still be hilariously wrong but you won't accidentally dismiss them as often.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Thank you both very much for your help.

I have 'reset' most things on my account and last night
deleted about 6000 entries under my Ignore Thread.

A lot of my questions/issues seem to have been the result of having too many
on my ignore list, or at least that's what one of the Moderators had suggested.

I had other things like It not ignoring games anymore on the Latest Updates page and
showing ones that I had previously ignored. I was having to Unignore, then Ignore again
to get them to not display.

(I think I was abusing the Ignore feature a bit...lol)

I am going to try this for awhile and see what happens.

Thank you both very much.
Cheers

Sorry took a few days to get back to you.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
i am very glad to hear the problem you were having has been resolved successfully.

Forgotted, next time around, be careful not to ignore too many threads on here, according to your most recent reply, you said you had "6000 entries for ignored threads". of all the years i have been on here, i have currently "0" ignored threads. i do tend to browse threads on here every now and then, but i feel no need to ignore a thread. have fun on here and happy posting.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
i am very glad to hear the problem you were having has been resolved successfully.

Forgotted, next time around, be careful not to ignore too many threads on here, according to your most recent reply, you said you had "6000 entries for ignored threads". of all the years i have been on here, i have currently "0" ignored threads. i do tend to browse threads on here every now and then, but i feel no need to ignore a thread. have fun on here and happy posting.

6000, I know right? lol

All of those, however, have been under the Latest Updates page.
For example, There are several games that have game tiles on there with motion or flashing graphics... They
give me a headache and can even start to bring on a seizure at times so I ignore them to keep from seeing them again.

I was ignoring all the Kinetic Novels and Female Protagonists as they didn't interest me. It's just a way to keep
the Latest Updates page more to my liking.

Folks have suggested a few things, like filtering the LU page or creating a shortcut that will 'ignore' things I don't want.
While nice suggestions, if I were to do that then I wouldn't be able to use the Latest Updates link at the top of the page anymore. I also don't have any bookmarks so I would have to turn that on in my browser if I wanted to do that, or any other things... I like using the Latest Updates page, and it's the main landing page for me.

Anywho...no biggie. Cheers and Have A Good One

Reactions: hu lover