Others - Completed - Onmyoji in the Otherworld: Sayaka's Story [Final] [Debonosu Works]

1. 3.00 star(s)

DBTee

Mix between a VN and a turn-based X-COM-esque strategy game. Plot is pretty generic but properly translated at the very least. Very short, but it will have you replay the game 3 times in order to see all of the H-scenes, which are also pretty generic. Art is very well done. Overall reminds me of a lesser Beat Blades Haruka -- read through plot, enter menu where user can buy items, level up, engage in battle, or gain power with your one H-scene per day. Overall pretty average,give it a try if X-COM games are your thing.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Gameplay: 2.5 / 5
    story: 3.5 / 5
    H scene: 4 / 5

Onmyoji in the otherworld is basically a VN with rpg element in it. The story is lightheart with little bit of dirty joke here and there between the main heroine with her god most of the time while poor Haru is just being there just for his D most of the time. (The fate of childhood friend at it again).

The H scene is what you expect from an VN game. Full voice, couple of variation including the climax and so forth. The length of each scene is quite satisfying and the content on every type of kink also not bad. The dialogue is also quite good and enough to make a material out of it. Its mostly vanilla at beginning but has a bit hardplay in the end.

The gameplay is your standard classic Tactics system for those who familiar with this type of gameplay. The gameplay itself is simple but has annoying element surround it.
    The karma (deployment cost) is carried over as is so you have to be smart on managing it. If you want my advice, kill every enemy without anyone in your side died (call them back when its dying) and you have no problem in saving up.
    While every enemy has some sort ailment that make it very annoying to deal with if you dont have status ailment heal with you, so make sure you get it first at shop.
    Lastly the grind, you pretty much need to play couple of time of same map to level up before you can go challenge next main story map. Bit tedious for me, but i figure that most people wont appreciate it especially in tactic.

Honestly, i be more appreciative for this game if they didnt include that Tactic gameplay since the story and H scene it self is decent while the gameplay, i find old console tactic much more satisfying. Which is why i give it a 3 star total.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

kaizoman

if you played disgaea then this is basically the same gameplay.

the main issue with this game is that it isnt very complex and tedious

enemies will ALWAYS inflict some sort of cc on you, slow, stun, silence, paralyze, sleep.
    its REALLY fucking annoying.

then theres the problem you need "mana" to summon minions and
    1. it doesnt fully refill between stages
    2. it refills like 1 mana every 2 turns or so in combat
    again, another tedious part.

the sex scenes sadly are nothing special, still images that only change facial expressions every so often.

the game is REALLY short its only like 5 stages and then it goes "go into ng+ with stronger enemies" but they still start off at level 3 when youre alrdy lv 15.

it sucks that i have to rate a decent game this low, but the game is more tedious and annoying than it is fun.

i really dont recommend it, the fact that youre permanently cc'd and cant do shit for turns is just pissing me off and ruins the entire thing