Unity - Completed - Open at Nine [Final] [Black Cat Entertainment]

1. 2.00 star(s)

toak

Monster girl brothel. A classic genre that I obviously don't think worked well in this game.

Story 3/10

You're a hero of the realm who defeated the demon king. But in the final battle there was a lot of collateral damage so now you're on the chopping block with your neck on the line. For some reason, the king decides to let you become a brothel owner to pay back your debt of... I don't know, damages caused in addition to the casualties?

And that's it. You pay your debt back at the end of the game. Each girl has some mini-side story that accompanies her, but the stories are extremely shallow. Cat girl follows you because she's your assistant. Fairy girl follows you because you let her clean. Angel girl follows you because you feed her. Yeah, it's shallow.

The ending is even worse. The town is going bankrupt and the streets are empty because everyone spending all their money at your brothel. The end.

Gameplay 3/10

The gameplay loop is not that great. You open your brothel doors at 9 and have 5 1-hour long sessions.

And it's a matching game. You try to match the requirements to optimize for the most money. But the game is not that hard, you just need to make some money, which isn't that tight.

You can buy rooms and upgrade them, but that's all in effect to increase matching. Same with buying items to upgrade the skills of the girls. It's all for the matching mini-game.

And you know what? It's just that fun. Matching dudes to girls and trying to optimize for money is just not fun nor hot.

Art 8/10

I love this art style. Exaggerated anime boobs with tight waists is where it's at.

The art is animated-ish. Doesn't really add or detract imo.

The amount of scenes is quite low. There's like 2 scenes per girl (or 3, I can't remember). It's just not that high. It's also formulaic. You increase hearts and at 2 hearts then 4 you get a scene. There's no "harem ending" or "group scene" (aside from the elf/dark elf thingy).

Yes, I love the art, but it's also uninspired by the lackluster game.

Overall 4/10

Great art. Poor game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Bob Bee

Overall 4.5/5, A simplified version of monster club bifrost with much less features, it does however have better art and a much more engaging "brothel" gameplay

Gameplay 4.5/5, day/night cycle, day being everything else in the game including story, room upgrades, and purchasing items. Night is for "brothel" gameplay, the brothel aspect requires a good amount of managing and strategizing between rooms, items, and girls along with quite a bit of arithmetic in order to maximize profits which I personally found really engaging

Characters and Story 3/5, A small cast (10?) with the usual tropes with not much depth to them. Story is generic, it exist to push scenes and gameplay

Art 4/5, definitely on the better side, characters are well made with a good variety in looks and body.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Papaco Schneider

Solid game. Plot wise it has nothing new, very simple concept. Grind is not bad (when you cheat). Great art, good animations, cute girls. Brothel management aspect is basic. It's a short and fine experience.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Dochh

The concept is one that has been done before, but it's a fun concept. The writing is crap. The MC has no name. Everyone just calls him hero. So, I guess he took down "The Demon God," but there was a lot of collateral damage. So, the king is mad at the hero and tells him to run a brothel to pay back the damages...

First of all, If the demon god is the most powerful being in this world and the hero takes him down, doesn't that make the hero the most powerful being? He comes back from a nasty fight protecting the kingdom and the king is all whiny and pissed off. Then the hero, who is "the hero," just backs down after the king threatens execution. The most powerful person in this world just bends over and takes it like a little bi*ch.

Okay, whatever I'll just play the game and find out if it's any good.

The game itself is stupid and simplistic. The UI overlaps on top of the buttons you need to click, so you have to aim just right to get to another screen. You have control over running the brothel, but not when you have sex. Those happen after the day ends. It's a linear story mixed together with a half-assed brothel simulator. Every new monster girl you get is level one and can't hack it in the upgraded brothel. The game is off-balance in every way. The gold, girls' stats, customer stats, everything is really off balance. Then one day my character paid his gold to the king in full and it said I didn't pay and it ended my game, with a game over... That's a pretty crappy bug.

The animations were okay... ... ... yep that's all I got for good points.

I would steer clear of this game if I were you.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Mloganboii

A solid game on my end. The story is a little goofy, but that's totally to be expected in a lot of H-games, as a vehicle to get to the gameplay/sexo. I've seen a lot of people complain about the MC, but I think he fits well as the comedic narrative protagonist.

The gameplay is where the game shines in my opinion. I'm a grindy kind of gamer so the repetitiveness was totally fine. There was a decent amount of challenge, especially mid-game, trying to balance finances for new rooms/hookers and saving for your debt. The min/maxxing profits from each customer was what I really enjoyed though. The art/animations were fantastic, though I wish there were more of them (not to say there are too few either). Scenes were a tad vanilla, but ironically the hottest scene was probably the one with no actual penetration (elf handjob enjoyers).

My negatives for the game were the lack of much to do after the main story concludes. I ended up grinding all the characters to lvl10/5hrts only for nothing to happen like I was sort of expecting. An endless mode or newgame+ mode would be much appreciated.

Overall enjoyable game that I don't regret playing and that I might go back to occasionally for the scenes.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

dudibudi

Review of the Final version

The frontpage animation was my reason to try this game and I finished one single run only to uninstall this game again.

You are a hero who just defeated the local demon lord/king of this realm. But in your fight you destroyed a village and killed civilians. So the king is furious and commands you to manage a brothel so you can pay for the damage you caused??????

One of the dumbest settings I have ever read.

Cons:
    -The "Hero" is as unlikable as it gets. Sometimes he is cocky, somtimes he is shy, sometimes he is dumb, sometimes he is strong, sometimes he is kind, sometimes he is ruthless and mean. The developers tried for a personality but there is none you can really grasp. He gets traits as they are needed and this would work if he would be a simple man, but they already established some sort of personality in the intro and some actions just dont fit.
    -No endgame or endless game. Another review already wrote that, so I went in my run trying to play as optimal as I can, but I could not archieve the perfect run to unlock everything. I saved everyday and replayed some days to get better RNG with the costumers, but this was not enough and the game is not good enough to try it a second time, since the second run does not even offer any sort of variety like "Club Bifrost" where you get new monsters in the second run.
    -No gallery unlocking after beating the game. Yes there is a gallery but you dont unlock missing events it after beating the game. But I dont want to play it a second time....
    -The music is generic, but the problem is that the sex music sounds more like a game over music rather than a lewd or romantic one.
    -Very safe monster designs. You can get very creative with monster girls but this one did not use this potential.

Pros:
    +Variety in the monster girls body type. Not all the monsters girls are having the same body type which makes it possible to develop favorites. But the monster girls are very vanilla. The lamia was the only really "monster" girl.
    +Little story arcs and simple working personalities for the monster girls.
    +Good UI design and controls. Everything is clear and easy to manage. Even without the english translation you could make this game work.
    +English translation
    +Uncensored.
    +Really good animations with many positions sometimes even having anal AND vaginal sex in the same scene. The frontpage promise was fullfilled for me.

I would suggest to play the game as intended if you like games like this but the animations arent worth the work in my eyes. Just play a playthrough and then look the animations up or get a save.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Rtts

Just play Monster Girl Club Bifrost, is better is almost every way. Herre, if you don't have a perfect run, the game can end and that's it, you don't get all the escenes, there are no aditional nights for you to farm what's missing. Terrible desingn, but the animations are good.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

lein0862

I overall rate this game a 4.

The story of the game is pretty general with some jokes here and there. The scenes with the girls are enjoyable to a point. I personally love Starry, Polika, and Bekkie. The three of them touch a soft spot in my heart and are what I love about some servant/maid-like characters.

The gameplay is kind of generic and bland. Manage your money and plan where your girls go. No explicit animations of imagery with the clients. It's very repetitive and Rinse and Repeat. It's boring after a while but I kept playing. Mostly stayed for the Girls stories.

There is only one thing, and I absolutely mean one thing that made this game a turn off for me. That thing is that god damn face the Hero makes during the scenes to show his pervertedness. Out of many other styles of art they could've done, they chose that creepy unappealing face. It doesn't make it better the fact that you yourself aren't the Protagonist. There was no input to put a user name there so it was Lord Hero through my playthrough.

I do appreciate that the game caters to different body types and not just the usual general "Big Boobs=Best Sexy" for the Girls. I honestly am tired of the Idea of H-Game market plastering "Big" on Breast and Ass. Especially for fantasy setting games where monster girls/ Mythical Creatures are involved. I prefer imagery be more practical, not "oh here is a tiny little pixie with freaking Beach ball sized tits floating around with pinky sized wings to carry it."
    There can be large sizes don't get me wrong but a bloody line needs to be drawn... Because honestly to me, there is a point where it goes from attractive to disgust.... I digress...

The game is an enjoyable read and management. The girls and scenes are well animated and wonderful. It is repetitive and grindy after a while. And finally that face the Hero make is a turn off.
    It is an alright game and I would recommend it to some who are interested, but I wouldn't go out of my way to promote it all over the place.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Open at Nine is a brothel simulator with some very nice animations and art but poor gameplay and story.

The core game loop consists of matching customers to girls then placing them into rooms. You get bonuses if the monster girls' race matches the customers preferences. Building rooms that suit each type of girl gives them stat bonuses. You can use consumables to temporarily buff their stats, allowing them to fully please each customer.

The problem with all this is there are just right and wrong choices and it's immediately obvious what they are. There's no difficulty, no learning curve, just match them up and hit go. You don't even get to see the customers work with the girls. It's brainless and boring.

Outside of the brothel, training consists of using items on the girls. That's it. No art, no scenes, just a voice line. I'm just as disappointed as you are.

There are scenes between the girls and the protagonist when they hit lust break points. The art and animations are quite good, but the girls and protagonist are soulless and obnoxious respectively.

Finally, the story is just boring. The protagonist accidentally blew up half the kingdom while killing the demon king and needs to pay back his debt by running a brothel. The protagonist can't decide whether he's a sex god, an unrepentant pervert, a repentant pervert, incompetent, competent or anything else. His character traits morph to be whatever is most convenient at any given time, making him pointlessly bland overall.

The girls are just as bad in their own ways. They're each one dimensional characters targeting a certain sex cliche, but barely bothering to develop it before fucking. For instance, the cat girl is a devoted companion (Or eye candy? Hero waffles on it.) who the hero deflowers then puts to work in the brothel in the same night. Despite her devotion, she apparently has no issues with this, nor does the hero. The story doesn't even really bother developing any sort of NTR vibe despite how low hanging that fruit is. All the stories are this soulless. As much as I prefer my brothel managers to be lighthearted and consensual, this is not the way.

I'm a huge fan of crunchy management games so I was pretty disappointed overall. Nevertheless, the art and animations are quite good and the gameplay is at least fairly quick despite being repetitive and boring. It still beats RPGM combat. If you like the sample images, it might be worth playing just to see the scenes, but don't expect a story or gameplay worth playing. There are a dozen better brothel managers on the site.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

akeno111

• Story is Mid
    • Very Long, Grindy game
      • Luck is heavily involved, can save or waste a lot of time
    • Gameplay gets repetitive after 15 minutes
      • Only involves matching the Clients needs with available Brothel Girls
      • Game doesn't offer anything new to the gameplay other than "Hey, here's a new girl to match."
    • 20 Animated H-scenes
      • 10 different girls of fantasy races
        • 2 scenes per girl locked behind separate, individual girl progression
    • Has a Gallery
    • One-Handed Gameplay

5/5 Animated Sex Scenes
    5/5 Character Design

2/5 Repetitive Gameplay
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Mike17723

Pros:
    Smooth juicy animations
    fully translated
    fully voiced in japanese
    Brothel management
    All scenes are consensual.

Cons:
    There are no H-scenes when working at the brothel
    To see H-scenes you gotta farm the girl's lust, very grindy, 2 scenes per girl
    Dialogue is kinda meh, just skip it
    No way to skip scenes, even in the gallery.

If they had more animations while working at the brother I would have smacked a 5/5 instantly but... oh well. You are better off skipping the grind entirely and just using someone's save file.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Inept Monkey

Bought it on steam. It's cute. It takes inspiration from Monster Club Bifrost; however I will say bifrost is better in most regards. This one has a bit more of a cohesive story to it and the scenes are really well animated, but there seems to be only 2 scenes for each preset girl (10 girls) as opposed to bifrost having 8 scenes (+variations) over like 25 girls. Ofcourse, Bifrost wasn't animated. That's where I think time got sunk here. The animations are INCREDIBLY smooth with adorable voice acting.

Gameplay's fun enough, like bifrost, you assign girls to patrons, watching their stamina and trying to match to the desires of the patrons. I haven't completed the entirety of the game yet so idk if there's cool stuff at the end but I've maxed the affection of all the girls and it was worth it.

I give it a 5/5 with a bit of leniancy because it's the teams first game.

Also, watching the MC going from "good guy saving the country" to monster booty chaser is really funny.