Opera VPN for MEGA

Aaron22255

Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Can anyone please let me know how to use the Opera VPN for MEGA download over 5gb?

I downloaded the Opera Browser and enabled the VPN. But it still tells me that the download exceeds the IP address.

Xanado

May 9, 2018
Hi, Can anyone please let me know how to use the Opera VPN for MEGA download over 5gb?

I downloaded the Opera Browser and enabled the VPN. But it still tells me that the download exceeds the IP address.
Never used the vpn in the browser (Don't use opera). But on my vpn I usually pause the download and connect to somewhere else so that I get a new IP and then resume download.

Ps. I use the megasync app. (If you are just going to use it for downloading just make an account with fake name and a temp mail. And when you are downloading only download to your pc and don't sync the files to your online folder.)

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron22255

Aaron22255

Jun 18, 2017
Never used the vpn in the browser (Don't use opera). But on my vpn I usually pause the download and connect to somwhere else so that I get a new IP and then resume download.

Ps. I use the megasync app. (If you are just ging to use it for downloading just make an account with a temp mail.)

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the advise. I'll try doing that.

Veileos

Feb 7, 2022
Thats the thing with free VPNs everyone else is doing that too. So pretty quickly almost instantly if you try and download using a free VPN someones probably already done thaqt with the same ip from the VPN.

I agree though the Megasync app is great for downloads 5gb and under.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
You're better off using JDownloader and any other host, I usually get good speeds of Racaty, Workupload, Mediafire.

Aaron22255

Jun 18, 2017
You're better off using JDownloader and any other host, I usually get good speeds of Racaty, Workupload, Mediafire.
I got JDownloader recently but haven't used it yet. Does it actually increase the speed of download? As you know other link except MEGA and Nopy(the best :cry:) are slow.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
jdownloader2 does indeed bypass mega at least to some extend. but you gotta make sure to download whatever you want all at once as the restriction kicks in right after the download is done. so if you start another one later the day, it wont work and you gotta wait til next day.

for me the speed is as fast as my network can handle it which is over 30 MB/s

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
I got JDownloader recently but haven't used it yet. Does it actually increase the speed of download? As you know other link except MEGA and Nopy(the best :cry:) are slow.
There are indeed some file hosts which get a download speed boost.
I even had it a few times that the download speed restriction of some file hosts were completely ignored.