Opinions and advice on the player's appearance?

Sep 17, 2022
How should the player character be designed? What should be avoided?
Do you prefer that the MC look like you IRL?

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Both the black box or the awful duckface.

Seriously though, as someone who doesn't self-insert, as long as the MC looks relatively normal and age appropriate, it doesn't matter too much to me

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Both the black box or the awful duckface.
God :eek: To think it's post "my god I need to improve what I do" Braindrop moment of clarity... And I'm not talking about the black box.

Seriously though, as someone who doesn't self-insert, as long as the MC looks relatively normal and age appropriate, it doesn't matter too much to me
And as someone who sometimes self-insert I would answer more or less the same.

I'm past 50yo, so there's what, one game out of thirty that have a MC that would more or less match me ? I learn since long to adapt. I'm not a student, I don't live with my family, I'm not a space pirate, I'm not a comput... Oh, yes, I'm a computer guy, but it's probably the only time the MC match with me.
Whatever one do with his game, the MC will probably never match the player at more than 50%, so personally I wouldn't bother too much with that.

If really OP is bothered he can try to limit the moment when we she MC, but just this, limiting, not totally removing it.

Reactions: Bucketbot89

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
How should the player character be designed? What should be avoided?
Do you prefer that the MC look like you IRL?
This is hard.

I think "it" should be appealing to the player. May be a drawn character or a 3D version.
Shouldn't look like an asshole or real mean unless the story is about a MC who is the prick.

But, what matters more is what you like. Choose wisely as there are so so so many figures to choose from.
Personally, i would mix character (i learned that now) or if you really good, make your own. Either by using sliders in DAZ (if you use DAZ at all) or in Blender.

Bottom line is that you have to like the character. It doesn't matter what other really think.