Opinions on first renders...

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
I've recently started working on my first game... Would really like some opinions on my renders. I've redone so many now to make sure the clothes fit well etc. But this is my very first time rendering final images i may use in a game. The characters in question are you, the husband, and your wife. What you're seeing here is a render from the intro, and 4 renders from your first dream scene. Yes, it's just a dream... so far.
Wife running 4.png Dream scene 1.png Dream scene 2.png Dream scene bj4.png Masterbation 3.png
Also, what are your opinions on your wife? (Is she pretty but realistic rather than over the top like some games) Also, here is a tease to the first masturbation scene Masterbation 17 close final.png Masterbation 17.png

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
I do not like the woman's hair. But apart from my tastes I think there is a worry of shaping ... too much inside the head I guess? we can see on the image of the blowjob that there is a hole on the top of the skull. As well as the image where she cries ..? we see spots on the forehead, which is the result of a bad placement of the hair in general or a deformation of the face too pronounced compared to the possibility offered by the set: head + hair.

I think the pussy in the picture with the sextoy is a bit too plastic but it is a rather complicated area so it may be acceptable, I do not know.

The lighting may be a little strong on the first image, but as I do not know if there is a context (exept the idea of a dream) behind this image, it's hard to say.

The second seems correct.

In the third, the woman levitates a little anyway, even if I have already seen worse. And the buttocks are strange, I can not say right now what bothers me .... And a lack of lighting on the shadow part of the legs.

Picture 4, the penis of the man is strange ... the skin of the penis I mean. And the lighting is to rework.

Picture 5, the pose of the man is too fixed (I do not know how to say it ...) Basically it looks like it is parized trunk. Small problem in the shorts (skin running through)

picture 6, the tears are too white (lack of transparency of the surface?) The lighting is to rework I think.

---------------------------------------

Obviously if the technical and financial tools do not allow it, you will not be able to improve everything.
A focus on lighting would already be a plus and just work on the hair and poses too maybe.

(sorry for my english...)

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I would agree with most, probably all of the points above. In addition:

The womans face is way to angular for my taste which combined with the slightly asian eyes gives her an odd look. If you are trying to make her look hard and cold then well done, otherwise you need to tone her down a bit. Body proportions are fine and I quite like the buttocks myself. Hair definitly has issues and is not very attractive. Vagina needs replacing, there are a couple of alternatives in the asset release forum (search for 'gens' or 'golden palace'). The skin tone/texture of her back looks great and you need to play with the lighting in the other shots to try and replicate that. She also looks old enough to be his mother rather than his wife.

The bloke looks fine.

Be careful with your positioning, characters who hover or don't connect with objects they are supposed to be holding will put people off. Too much intersection can be bad as well. You have her hair sprouting out of the pillow in a few places, the hair should have some morphs which will allow you to move it around and avoid this effect.

Be careful with light levels. Her face is starting to wash out in the first shot due to too many lumens but other shots don't have enough to render nicely. Iray is very dependant on having a lot of photons to play with. Try keeping a more constant light level and altering the colour to get darkness and time of day effects. White is good for midday, blue looks like night, red/orange is good for dawn/dusk.

I too am working on my first game and have found that as you do more renders you will get better and better. The downside is that you go back to your first ones and realise they are just not good enough and have to redo them. So, don't get too attached to your first attempts, accept that they will need redoing one or more times before you release your game.

Best of luck and looking forward to your game!

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
I think youre pretty good. Better than a lot of the "devs" here. Most of them frankly. I like that you hand modelled the expressions etc. very few people do that. Id suggest you build more characters. The more you do it the more nuance you see that REALLY makes a difference. But... i think you should study lighting now. It can make a meh render brilliant

• Haha
Reactions: Cul

VDM_Games

Sep 2, 2020
Renders look pretty good though there is some poke-through in the image on the bed on the shorts, if you don't want to play around with morph settings to fix that every time it can be quite easily edited out in a PhotoShop or Gimp after the fact

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
Renders look pretty good though there is some poke-through in the image on the bed on the shorts, if you don't want to play around with morph settings to fix that every time it can be quite easily edited out in a PhotoShop or Gimp after the fact
Thanks, I have improved since then :) But I appreciate the feedback :)
In my image attached, I would typically fix her hair that touches into the skin, but I've gotten better at micromanaging at a quick rate.