RPGM - Completed - Ordeal of Princess Eris [v1.01] [Asakiyumemishi/Kagura Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

> Impossible to view all scenes in one playthrough
    > Impossible to recruit all people in one playthrough
    > Not much variation or good quality cgs (many foot long dicks)
    > Plot is super basic (humans working to bring demons to prominence but you stop them because you are the hero)
    > Difficulty levels effect grind and not story; which basically asks you to guesstimate the grind you're comfortable with, which is lazy on devs part.
    > Unconventional leveling system makes it hard to measure actual growth
    > A million character names to remember
    > Prostitutions not intuitive to find
    > Dungeons all look pretty similar
    > No real animation; more like photos swapping
    > No comedy and (besides 1 tentacle scene) no monster sex
    > 99% rape with predictable dialogue

At a glance the game has the visuals, unique gameplay, and variety of characters that would warrant a higher score. But these flaws (and many more) stop me from ranking it higher than 2 stars.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Miacis

Good game, 8/10

ART: I personally love that artstyle and was completely sold on this before even playing. Was not disappointed! 10/10

Gameplay: The game features some unusual leveling system... but you don't really feel any interaction with it. You complete battles, your stats go up right as you are fighting instead on level ups. So the system, despite being not much interactive, is kinda there. Other than that, you don't get to customize your character much. It really looked like developers had some cool idea on the system but ended up cutting it real short. 7/10

H-content: YES 9/10

Story & characters: also yes, pretty unusual to have some world building and well written character dialogue. I love such games but they are too rare! At least, amongst ecchi games. 9/10

Great game overall, but a bit short. Don't get turned down by the looks of complicated RPG system on the start, it doesn't really do almost anything.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Radience

This game could have been one of the best but the game was ruined since the beginning because of how much monster there are EVERYWHERE the combat is WEIRD and the map is almost 100% open since the begining of the game wich make it's TERRIBLE to know where you are supposed to go and most events can still happen if you go to a place early since the map is kinda ''open world'' wich is a good idea but very poorly executed, but the most disapointing part was how the going nude mechanic works in this game, IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE when you are nude in this game you can ask ANY npc for sex BUT THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME DIALOGUE! you ask an Old man and he says: ''Oh you want to do it? it's fine by me'' some shit like that. and then if you go talk to the little girl thats just by his side she WILL SAY THE SAME THING but with a ''i am a girl too but it's fine by me'' now imagine all npcs in the game having this same dialogue, it's just terrible. this game had some huge potential i really like the actual story interactions but just knowing where to go was horrible and trying to interact with NPCs events and Sub quest was just awlful.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

eosar

Went in blind and didn't get far, just until after i saved the kidnapped princess from prison... This review is up until that point.

I'm a pussy hoarder and can't handle exclusivity choices well. Giving up a lot of content in order to save Lefty's Righty in time is a complete mood killer for me.
    Why the unnecessary time skip and events block? I ignored about 5 events in my rush to reach booby blonde in time and those are just the ones i saw on the main path. No idea how many others were gone just like that. And all of it was gone once i got back.

It's a selfishly poor rating from me simply because of that. It's a choice i don't like and it outweighs all else the game might have to offer.

Beyond that, i found the character creation interesting. You get to choose sort of a class by way of attribute and skill bonuses and have multiple choices in weapons, each with pros and cons.
    But then i made a magic caster, found a spear and went full melee without looking back. Eh.

Also, combat balance is weird. All the random mobs are weak and going through them is just annoying. But then you got the boss characters... The boss in the princess dungeon had about 25k hp, healed 1k each round and took 250-500 dmg each hit. Don't know if that's normal, don't care. Probably was meant to be a certain loss in first play, but easier in NG+...
    Bandit boss that you meet twice was a pushover the first time, like 2k hp and did 50-100 dmg to you, which is an instant kill with a good spear shot. Second time you meet him he has like 20k hp, heals 1k a round and you barely take away 750 hp with a skill. Yet, still barely did 100 damage to the weakest of characters. It was just a long useless grind...

Anyway, my rating for this game is poor. Because i could have ignored the princess and did all the events, but... i don't wanna.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Sinphil

29 H scenes n gallery plus a few small ones like prostitution so not a short on H content as made out.

You don't level as normal rather skills go up by using them. This gives big advantage to melee but can still get magic up easily enough if prepared to grind first few screens and rest in Inn a lot. Pay attention in first cave, the two side characters are their to watch your training so don't use unless needed, they wont skill up and getting your weapon skill up in that first cave making Eris do al the fighting really makes a difference.

Only played once to normal ending and missed most of characters. Your choices and order of doing things makes a huge difference and have a feeling you cant recruit them all in a single walkthrough.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seems to be a lot of replayability in getting different characters and handling events in different ways. Though if you wanting corruption game this is not really a corruption game and as far as I can tell only one corruption (pregnancy) end and for rest high corruption will lead to losses.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

lobstercake

4/5 - worth playing

+ standard rpgm turn based gameplay that isn't grindy on normal
    + choices lead to different outcomes or CG that make sense
    +skill classes are neat and game is playable with any class
    +/- game mechanics are a bit weird, no exp or traditional leveling, but your class skills goes up.
    +/- NG+ is needed to see some CG/take different plot paths
    -not enough CG or variations
  7. 4.00 star(s)

abao

It's a game good enough to be a standalone non-H game, which also features very nice but few H scenes.

In typical Kagura fasion, Ordeal of Princess Eris delievers some high quality pictures, with more of a focus on quality than quantity. The animations (yes, there are animations) are reused a lot, but each time you run into an actual event instead of the generic repeatable NPC quickies, you get to see a new unique 2D CG.

The story is pretty compelling, and the sex scenes ties really well into the plot.

The game features a decent and somewhat diverse combat system in which you can skip most of the grinding if you don't mind spending some money on potions, as there's no 'level' or 'exp', just a chance to learn new skills/+stats on attack depending the level of the opponent. It actually rewards players pushing the forward with minimal stats, which makes the 'grinding' extremely short. Each character can level up any of the skill class with absolutely no restrictions. Sadly the balance is a little iffy, and the "unarmed" school basically shits on everything else.