5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life: Now & Forever Feature - Linked Moments (Patreon)

Hey everyone!

Today I'm making a post to share information on a neat new element of Our Life 2. It's always been the case where the game remembers the scenes you've already done and those experiences can impact the Moments you do next. However, in Our Life: Now & Forever there will be a small bunch of Moments that are more directly connected. I'm calling them "Linked Moments"!

Linked Moments will share scenes between each other and which one is done first and which comes second will be a part of the whole premise of the Moments.

I can use the Linked Moments in Step 1 as an example, Walks and Wheels. You'll get a particular opening regardless of which you clicked first. In that scene, it's the weekend and Qiu, his club, and Tamarack are gonna be going on an afternoon adventure. But there's two good ideas and both can't be done in one day! So, you'll decide what will happen right then and what you'll promise to do together on another Saturday.

So, switching up the order you do Walks/Wheels will give you a different experience because it'll either be the first full group outing you've ever had, or it'll be the second time you've all hung out.

I think it'll add even more fun to replays, plus will give me the space to have stories that have a bit more going on than something confided to a single Moment that can happen at any point in the Step.

Right now, there should be one pair of linked Moments in every Step. Maybe there will end up being more in Step 2 and/or Step 3, we'll see how it goes further into development.

[And yes, you can do one linked Moment and then have the Step end so you never do the other half of the set. Pulling that stunt will disappoint the babies during the end of Step scenes, though .]

Jul 2, 2022
Some clarifications from gb patch on patreon about the new mechanics

User: Also a little fun to headcanon other moments that happen in between those two moments! Maybe they can have the same sticker on them to indicate they’re connected, like on a little cork board or calendar!

Gbpatch: I'm afraid they won't have the same icon! Thank you, though.

User: what do you mean at the end there

Gbpatch: I mean even though the Moments are linked, you're not forced to play both. You can still choose to skip a Moment if you want to.

Ps: someone else is as excited as I am about the new updates!!!? lol

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Story Summary Image (Patreon)

Character bios aren't the only neat assets that are being made to promote OL2. We've also got this charming story summary image ✨

If I ever get around to doing physical merch, I'd love to make fake post cards from Sunset Bird and Golden Grove, haha.

In other news, I've narrowed the launch window down for the Our Life: Now & Forever Kickstater. Rather than generally happening this fall, I can say it'll be going live in late September or early October!

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Walks Screenshots (Patreon)

Buying snacks is serious business with the boy's club . Are you gonna risk it all? You are allowed to join this high rolling game, if you brought enough money. Not winning means you get a free extra snack, "winning" means all your money goes into buying their treats and you can pick nothing for yourself!

You might be able to guess what game these kiddos play to solve their problems is, if you know one of them well enough, haha.

And if you are playing and the MC doesn't use boyish terms, there is an alteration.

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Tamarack Step 1 CG (Sketch) (Patreon)

Angel baby . What is she up to?

This is Tamarack's first CG from a Step 1 Moment. You can probably guess where this is set even in sketch form, haha. Of course that's a spot where she'd have a key scene.

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
There's no poly route in OL1. OL2's is still not developed enough to determine whether a poly route between Qiu & Tamarack is possible, but GB patch lady did talk about their openness to polyamory in the most recent Patreon Q&A (May 2023):

tamaqiu poly openness.png

& here's another from Feb 2023 Patreon Q&A:

ol2 poly possibility.png

Hope that helps!

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes