fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
I'm not sure if you are refering to the game or the RL now? If it's about the game then the answer is simple: we're limited in dialogue options. In RL on the other hand, I believe that two close friends who are interested in one woman could talk it through and at least be honest with each other, if that is what you were suggesting.
Honestly, I'm not a fan of "asking for permission" because it's simply dumb: love interest is a human being and not an item, that's a 1st thing, and second: one should watch his words, like Perry with his statement about Emma because it clearly opens the door for others. Take it or leave it, simple as that.
Perry is a very high maintenance friend. Thus asking permission to fuck Emma would never work out. Either he sleeps with her or he isn't happy and you are not being a "supporting friend". The only way to keep Perry happy is to realize his feelings for Emma despite his denial and to play wingman. If he doesn't sleep with Emma he won't be happy.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
Well, it's a bit of both. Though the lie about "supporting Ian's friends" is mostly in RL, because having played the game you are fully aware that despite his claims about not being interested in Emma romantically Perry will try to confess his feelings to her in Ch.12, and so the actions you pick for your Ian are directly sabotaging his chances to have his feelings returned by Emma. "They should be honest and talk it through" is not an option in the game and, again, you know it.
Perry is a very high maintenance friend. Thus asking permission to fuck Emma would never work out. Either he sleeps with her or he isn't happy and you are not being a "supporting friend". The only way to keep Perry happy is to realize his feelings for Emma despite his denial and to play wingman. If he doesn't sleep with Emma he won't be happy.
I'm not sure why there's no option for Ian to discourage Perry from going after Emma. Ian can't even be neutral when talking about Perry's feelings so the game doesn't allow Ian to fuck Emma and be a decent friend. Ian can't even be a bit decent and try to stop Perry from confessing when he knows is totally doomed. I know that the game is already complex enough, but it feels weird with Ian being able to encourage/discourage Jeremy/Alison, Jeremy/Emma and Cindy/Wade.

1st

Nov 18, 2018
"They should be honest and talk it through" is not an option in the game and, again, you know it.
That's.. litteraly what I wrote in a previous post: we're limited in options in the game. There is no other choice because the author made it that way. So it all comes to this: do you care about the love interest or not?

I'm just separating those two things: friends and love interests, because they're simply not the same. That said, I see no problem supporting friends in any other way. But hey, if I like the girl I will go for her. If Perry liked Emma he should go for her too. If he didn't he's the only one to blame. Ian is not taking her away from him - she is single and not his girlfriend. I really see no problem here.

Last edited:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
From the beginning Perry's drug addict Pikachu was a pain in the ass where I had to convince him to do the most basic things and we really have to think about feelings and let him have the best ass in the game....fuck it, hell NO!! :mad: (n)Emma's ass is mine :love: (y)
As Gollum would say "my treasure" :love::LOL:
1727357634973.png

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm just separating those two things: friends and love interests, because they're simply not the same. That said, I see no problem supporting friends in any other way. But hey, if I like the girl I will go for her. If Perry liked Emma he should go for her too. If he didn't he's the only one to blame. Ian is not taking her away from her - she is single and not his girlfriend. I really see no problem here.
There's no problem here per se. It's just that you're being simply disingenuous in your reasoning -- separating friends and love interests is not an option when you are going for friend's love interest. And you know it, just like you know that Perry does eventually "go for Emma". So you've knowingly made a false statement that your focus in the playthrough was on supporting Ian's friends, while in reality you were sabotaging one of his friends, instead of supporting him. It's just like Perry's statement about only liking Emma as friend, when in reality he's got romantic feelings for her. It was this simple similarity in your respective behaviors that i pointed out.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
Yeah, that's pretty meh. It doesn't make it any better that Ian's comments about Perry's failed confession can be then quite snide.
That part fits, he's only really snide when his relationship with Perry is very low. It reads wronger when Ian has a high relationship with Perry and he fucked Emma anyway. Current writing only works for Ian fully helping Perry to get Emma while having a high relationship with him or Ian fucking Emma (bonus asshole points if you promised Perry to help him and you fuck her just a few hours later) and having a very low relationship with Perry.

Reactions: Leongen43

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That part fits, he's only really snide when his relationship with Perry is very low.
I dunno; I think that the threshold for comment where Ian is actually sympathetic about Perry's situation is set too high. You need to have 8+ relationship with him, which effectively requires to never ever do anything that'd upset Perry. Otherwise you get the middle/neutral comment which covers whole range of 3-7 and is pretty meh:
Python:
                    if ian_perry > 7:
                        $ fian = "sad"
                        "I felt bad for Perry, but at least he had been true to himself. I hoped things wouldn't turn awkward between them from now on..."
                    elif ian_perry > 2:
                        "That sucked for Perry, but he knew he was fighting a lost cause. He played his cards terribly, and this was the result..."
                    else:
                        "Perry's self-centered ass got what was coming to him. Did he really think Emma would return his lame feelings?"
"Oh well, sucks to be him but he was a loser. Anyway..." isn't exactly what a friend's reaction should be, even if it's not a very close friend.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
I dunno; I think that the threshold for comment where Ian is actually sympathetic about Perry's situation is set too high. You need to have 8+ relationship with him, which effectively requires to never ever do anything that'd upset Perry. Otherwise you get a middle comment which covers whole range of 3-7 and is pretty meh:
Python:
                    if ian_perry > 7:
                        $ fian = "sad"
                        "I felt bad for Perry, but at least he had been true to himself. I hoped things wouldn't turn awkward between them from now on..."
                    elif ian_perry > 2:
                        "That sucked for Perry, but he knew he was fighting a lost cause. He played his cards terribly, and this was the result..."
                    else:
                        "Perry's self-centered ass got what was coming to him. Did he really think Emma would return his lame feelings?"
"Oh well, sucks to be him but he was a loser. Anyway..." isn't exactly what a friend's reaction should be, even if it's not a very close friend.
I agree that the threshold is too high, maybe something like higher than 5 would be better. But that just Ian thinking, not saying it out loud. I could perfectly have that thought if I had a close friend like Perry, I just wouldn't tell it to his face once we talk about it.

Jplays512

Formerly 'jmshay512'
Jul 27, 2024
I dunno; I think that the threshold for comment where Ian is actually sympathetic about Perry's situation is set too high. You need to have 8+ relationship with him, which effectively requires to never ever do anything that'd upset Perry. Otherwise you get the middle/neutral comment which covers whole range of 3-7 and is pretty meh:
Python:
                    if ian_perry > 7:
                        $ fian = "sad"
                    elif ian_perry > 2:
                    else:
So does Ian think this when you sleep with Emma and when you don’t sleep with Emma? Feels like those should not be the same.

I can definitely see it if you did not sleep with Emma but if you think that when you are the reason he was rejected that is kinda shitty.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
The game has been in a bit of a mess for two or three chapters now, and the time taken to develop is increasing. It seems pretty clear to me EK has hit a major creative roadblock and is struggling with devising new scenes and conflicts.

I'd say the person you are quoting is bang on the money about how this poll is quite worrying for the future of the game because it reveals both a lack of confidence (in it existing at all), and a lack of understanding of the work she has already done (the options included being largely stuff we've already gone through).
Eva had also flip-flopped between saying 16 or 20 chapters will be released. Not wanting to disappoint people with 16 I can imagine she might be scrambling for ideas to pad out the story for the full 20 chapters or something closer to that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Balsamic

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So does Ian think this when you sleep with Emma and when you don’t sleep with Emma? Feels like those should not be the same.

I can definitely see it if you did not sleep with Emma but if you think that when you are the reason he was rejected that is kinda shitty.
The comments are the same regardless of details and how Ian was involved so yeah, it can feel like they're pretty off in some scenarios. IMO the game should take into account whether Ian got involved with Emma and/or if he put effort himself in trying to make the Emma/Perry thing work... but i guess EK had already so many branches on their hands, the line had to be drawn somewhere.

Last edited:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
The comments are the same regardless of details and how Ian was involved so yeah, it can feel like they're pretty off in some scenarios. IMO the game should take into account whether Ian got involved with Emma and/or if he put effort himself in trying to make the Emma/Perry thing work... but i guess EK had already so many branches on their hands, the line had to be drawn somewhere.
The only reason I would be interested in helping Pikachu Perry is if we have the possibility of having a swinger relationship with Lena where we can do a couple exchange and during sex take a picture of Lena/Perry having sex to send the image to Axel, will he kill Perry and if that happens would that be a bad thing? :unsure: :KEK: (y)

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Being ass hungry or be friendly with someone like Perry...this game and this hard decisions smh....
It would have been interesting to get to a middle ground with Perry where we stay with Emma and as a good friend we give him an inflatable doll with a picture of Emma stuck on it, maybe he won't notice the difference and will be happy, right? :unsure: :KEK: :KEK: (y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
It would have been interesting to get to a middle ground with Perry where we stay with Emma and as a good friend we give him an inflatable doll with a picture of Emma stuck on it, maybe he won't notice the difference and will be happy, right? :unsure: :KEK: :KEK: (y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't worry about Perry, he already has an option in case things don't work out with Emma.:KappaPride:
3.png
Remember that Perry has certain homoxesual tendencies.:KEK:

4.60 star(s) 324 Votes