Ren'Py - Out of Puberty: Reimagined [Ch. 1 Act1 v0.8] [FluffyStudio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Ejji

1.This is the remake of an unfinished game . ( another one)
    2. This game looks like a demo version with a lot of bugs.
    3. And there is not a single news about developing it on developers sites since the last release.(it seems this game wiil be abandoned)
    4.So far Renders are the only thing which is worthe attention.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

osmcuser132

First the game starts badly with un-interruptible animations, great you can animate a man walking to an elevator or a girl walking to her job. Why won't you let me skip that?

Then we get the interesting premise of the girl swallowing a MC pill making her more uninhibited. Great, I like it, let's see what fun stuff she's going to do?

But then the game switches to a very badly implemented sandbox.
    You do get some (bad) clues on what to do but again with a very convoluted interface were you have to check each character separately. So again more unnecessary clicking for the user . . .
    To make it worse, most of the characters are still in WIP and this status can't be mentioned in their title to make it more user-friendly.

Maybe I'll try again when he removes the clunky UI and makes a VN or adds a gallery so we can avoid the current UI altogether.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

BigBoiMarkus

One really cool thing about this visual novel is how it randomly picks scenes and outcomes. You never know what's going to happen next time you play. It's super fun to keep playing over and over cause you always see new stuff.

The characters also look awesome. Each one has their own style that matches their personality. The art makes them feel like real people in the story. When the neat characters meet up with the random events, it makes the game feel alive. You want to keep playing just to see what characters and scenes come up together. Overall this game has awesome replay value from the random scenes and the awesome character art
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Wolfen7556

the game looks good, the gameplay is a bit clumsy but I'm liking it, I see a lot of potential and I hope they update it, it's really a game that I didn't expect to like so much, it still has a lot to improve but it has some very good concepts
  5. 4.00 star(s)

thalendir

Hey guys,
    Truth is, just like @Mercedes I felt the need to leave a review on this as the first one could be considered as not very relevant anymore.

So here's my review as for v0. 7 in the usual Pro/Con form that gets to the point :

Pros:
    - nice renders overall, neither Daz or Blender so do not expect high resolution and RL look but good in my opinion
    - funny story with the touch of cliché and kink we can all enjoy
    - decent amount of content as for that early version though you could consider this limited fap material
    - corruption aspect of an innocent we all pervert enjoy
    - promising future developments with several stories that could be furthered and deepened

Cons :
    - As already stated some Engrish here and there and the game could use some proofread
    - somewhat limited content anyway
    - some characters introduced in the game with no real purpose at the moment which has no interest and can be frustrating
    - as stated also there is some serious grind to do to "progress" and the "mini-game" is boring as hell, good point being it never changes so you can basically robot this

Overall I consider this a promising game and there aren't that much of those. I just hope the Dev will stick to a plan and will not try to develop all the stories at the same time else the game will lose interest I think. Better advance on one or two stories and make them progress further before throwing some new.

If you're looking for a quick fap I'd recommend you to wait couple of releases, yet you should definitely keep an eye on it, I for sure will.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Kinjiru

Great potential, though content looked very light for now. Excellent renders, nice animated scenes which you don't usually see in Ren'Py titles too much. There's a lot of spelling and grammar errors, but the dev is probably not primarily an English speaker and it's not a big deal. I'm hoping he sticks with it, it has a lot of potential.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Mercedes

I can't completely agree with the first review, because at least you can get information about the characters on your home PC, which will exactly unlock the next action.
    However, some annoying things were also mentioned there, such as the awkward navigation.

The game itself requires a lot of grind because the progress is unfortunately only marginal. Of course, MC shouldn't mutate into a complete bitch within a day, but it doesn't have to take a month (slightly exaggerated) to discover something new.

But here you can use a small bug (version: [Ch. 1 Act1 v0.7]) to speed up your progress.
    Riding the metro when the harassers are standing at the station earns you quick points. And as long as the money is not really counted, you can do this indefinitely.

Unfortunately, I also see that the individual scenes for the different characters are developed very differently. The developer should take care here that the individual story arcs don't drift too far apart. Otherwise, as a player, you will probably be confronted again and again with having to restart after every third update. That can quickly cost a lot of support.

Currently I would give three stars, one bonus point for the potential of the story. The drawings are okay, the animations could be sped up by 20% sometimes (especially the walking animation).
    The writing is quite good so far, but there seems to be an automatic translation function built in, which unfortunately only translates 20% of the text and falls back into English every now and then. My mother tongue is German and it reads a bit funny when there are two German words at the end of a sentence.

I hope for the best and this game will definitely remain on my watch list.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

poggersoo52345

This was extremely disappointing. And this is coming from someone who had high hopes for the game and adores grindy-ish sandbox games like this.

No offense to the dev but if you're going to release a chapter 1 preview demo type of game, you might as well make it playable. And the way you navigate the map, the house and everything else is atrocious.

You can't freely move between rooms without awkwardly having to click on the top right button, there's no indication on what character is doing what in rooms/locations so the game loop consists of you checking everything without a clue in the world of how to find it, going to your bed to skip time, then going back while having to deal with the awkward movement... you get my point. And the weird flower things around the edge of the screen?? Just why?

Again, no hate to the dev, and I totally understand this is an early version, but if you're going to continue working on stories/quests and content, you should absolutely first fix the core game loop. It's unbearably anti-player and I won't even touch on the fact that you locked the gallery behind a paywall.. that's a whole another story. I've been around this site long enough to know that you're basically shooting yourself in the foot from the get-go.

The ONLY reason why this isn't a 1 star rating is because I genuinely think this could be a great game as the dev can make quite hot characters (Mica and MC are two primary examples), but until some major changes happen to the way you play the game and the way information is displayed to you, it's absolutely not worth trying unless you're a masochist.