Unity - Abandoned - Overlord [v0.23] [Project63]

1. 1.00 star(s)

iron4doves

Just a big bait. Really the main reason I am giving this 1 star is because all the girls in the game are futas, but it doesn't show you that until you go to fuck them or do oral with them - because they don't suck you, you suck them. What a POS.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Zalzany

I would call it good, people don't get its sandbox game, its gonna be grindy I done way more grind for zero sexual content on games posted here. Freaking blue ball simulators. This one has good foundation at least now it does. People complaining about combat don't realize you can run away from any fight in the game. Its like hold shift and sprint to town or take them to the patroling clerics once they hit them if you haven't attacked it for a lot of damage they attack the cleric gaurds instead of you.

If you did hit them too much run to the towngat hit escape to break combat esc again andenter the town they will reset when you got back out and attack the guard chasing them. Its like people go out of their way to make things harder because its a nsfw game they just kind of assume they can hold ctrl to skip to the sexy parts I guess.

Anyways I like a little managment and little grind. and its got bare bones crafting, and slavery system. I mean all the shit I put into my skyrim and fallout 4 games lol. I hope it keeps going, and I thin the reboot fromorigina was good call I mean it worked but was too easy. Its why I stopped for so long its like ehh, I just skirting around every thing hostile loot junk off ground, then head shot every one with a bow while kitting them.

Now I actually got to grind and get good, but it becasue easy mode once you get rana as follower, just grind your smithing to 30 do the main quest, do the temple with dildo sword and its cake walk, then once you got two people attacking same target the bandits, orcs and critters all go down like they are nothing. To me feels like a good reward for my work, although yeah could be tweaked a bit, but its still very much just a working foundation.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

markconnor

Sorry, it has a long way to go to be anything near enjoyable.

I get the aspect that it's priming itself to be an interesting first person rpg with maybe some strategy rpg elements (haven't seen how the companions thing plays out). It's been almost 2 years though.

The main problem (beyond the lack of content), is it focuses way too much on the beginning grind, so much so that I'm not sure how anyone could find it enjoyable. I get the "you're not a powerful hero, you're a nothing slave" survival vibe going for it. Trust me, Kenshi was a WONDERFUL game. But this is not it. You've somehow made the survival challenge a drudgery instead of a thrill.

The basics of the game as I understood it -- you've got 10 gold coins and an axe. Every day lord dickhead takes 1 of your gold, and if you don't have more than 2 gold your "aunt" loses love for you. How do you earn gold? Well first, go and run waaaaaaaay over there...see all those tall trees? Yeah, no, you don't chop those silly, you chop the 6 or so dead rotten stumps randomly among the huge forest. Chop 4 stumps. If you're lucky and don't fail more than once per day, with your 5 actions points per day for resouce gathering will net you 4 pieces of wood. Make a helmet with that 4 wood, sell it for 7 gold. Chop more. Buy a scythe, harvest grain, turn it into rope, sell crafted stuff for money. Buy an axe, mine some stone. Harvest about 50 resources to make stuff to sell, keep paying lord dickhead's taxes, and after maybe 20 days of this you'll have a full suit of wooden armor, a club, and a bow with some arrows. All set? Great, spend 3 days training on the wooden dummy by the arena. All set? Great, then see that little bird running around the forest? Go up to it and attack...and get your ass kicked. Run away. Sleep to heal (don't forget to pay your tax!). Try again, get your ass kicked again. Don't worry, every 3-4 times you get your ass kicked you'll increase your combat level from 30 to 31, or 31 to 32, which does fuck all to increase your power from the 2-3 damage you do to the bird and the 3-5 damage it does to you.

When you've had enough of the nonsense, delete game from your HD. Fin.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

YuriiH

Why 5 stars for the unfinished game with clunky animation and grindy gameplay?
    Because the progress and changes the Developer has been consistently making from the very beginning is insane. Personally I played the first release, and several mid releases before 0.22, and may confidently tell that the amount of efforts put into ConanOverlord sandbox is huge! In my opinion, most of other novice Devs would already leave the game with such low rating and support. This tells much! UPD: And I literally jinxed the game, it was put 'on hold' 2 months after my review... :(

The only clear minus, to be honest, is the "dark lord" story stuff.
    However, the game at this stage implies that it will be up to you which path to choose: evil or good.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

libral

Spend far too much time fighting incredibly uninteresting and ultimately unwinnable fights, respawning and starting it over again to slowly grind up. You have to do this constantly for huge amounts of time with very little sex content. The visuals are extremely crude so there's not even that to justify playing this.

After spending a lot of time grinding and finally beating the dungeon the game teleported me through a wall trapping me, losing about an hour of progress.

In short, terrible combat, a boring grind, lots of bugs that end your session, very little sex content, ugly visuals. Nothing positive that I can find other than it being unique.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

dfwwb

it's been a while sins i strat playing this game and now after many month and news updates i'm happy to discover again and seen the new updates.
    It have a good potential and i'm pretty sure you'r not gona leave your game as many other developper because whe still supporting you !
  7. 1.00 star(s)

arenadelson

This game has somehow regressed in the year or so since i played it last.
    Back then you entered a large area with abundant resources and mobs of different kinds, where you could play as an opportunist to counterbalance the fact that your character kinda sucks.
    In its current state you instead have to meander around on an overworld praying to god that the Random Deathmatches the game throws you into are both winnable and that the resources you need just so happens to be present. If you are lucky enough to scrounge up enough resources to craft a rope, you then have to get lucky to get the kind of "prisoner" that you want.
    I spent the better part of an hour and half just looking for a female orc but could only find futas everywhere.

The story and setting has gone almost nowhere since i last played it, which is a shame because the concept and setting in combination is very interesting.

Avoid this game like the plague until the Dev decides that making the game suck balls is not the way to go, you would sooner squeeze blood from a stone than find any enjoyment here.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Fennik

Character didn't load in, as a european with AZERTY keyboard it was dificult to move, reload and I missed out on the entire childhood stage. Dificult to move around accurately, so I couldn't fight or enjoy the story. Nice concept, but needs a lot of work on the execution. Ambitious though.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

froan

i love the game, simple and easy. there are some minor bugs but overall the game is just dope. the game potential is very vast, and i love the graphics settings since my pc is not that great. also the quest is simple and easy for now, just some advice maybe you could give more impact in it. like maybe a choice where you could lie or tell the truth in the last witch quest and give the player rewards based on their choice. and yeah... probably that's it, for the combat it's still okay maybe some small improvement will do, like the enemy's movement it's just too sudden. when i sneak on them they'll turn 180° in an instant and that's just sucks. anyway still waiting for the v0.17, just wanna say you did great bro!!!
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Roben69

This game shows a lot of potential for a sand box smut game. Overlord has some decent base mechanics that could be expanded upon sure but it's still in an a very early stage of development as of writing this review.

Stuff I like: Combat is decent and simple the graphics are decent enough for a 3d. (decent boobs dick and cum effects.) A crafting and shopping system that ins't over complicated and easy navigation of the world map.

Stuff I dislike: (Please note all of these will probably be fixed in later updates of the game. I hope.) No quest log the game lacks a journal to remember what the current goal is, it can be rather tedious for a person with bad memory who doesn't want to go back to the start. You can't actually capture slaves yet as far as I'm aware leaving very little to do in this early stage. No actual sex scenes yet if I recall correctly they are being worked on. Futa is gated for patreons only which is fair enough cause you gotta leave something for the people to pay for. Besides it will most likely be available for the full release.

Overall this game has potential that I hope to see realized to completion. In it's current state it's a decent sand box to fool around in and explore a bit of the present mechanics, since it is in an unfinished state with nothing much too it atm I give it an average review. A fun smut sandbox with a bright future in time I think this can be a 4-5 star game.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Shadow4711

This game has potential. The story is kinda lacking, but that's to be expected with the current version. The controls are kinda weird at first, and a little sensitive, but all in all, this actually has promise.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

meh65

Small not hugely ambitious. It has a good foundation.
    Reminds me of those mobile zombie open world games with how the locations work. There just needs to be more combat.
    I think it would be a bit more cool if the intro sequence was fleshed out, maybe a couple days long instead of tutorials back to back. Just saying