Unreal Engine Abandoned Overtopia 3D [v0.9.8] [SilverGogs]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Could you please explain what you did with CE?
I set value type to All and scan type to Unknown initial value
Bought a tent or whatever for 100 which decreased my coins to 240, then I did Decreased Value but that showed me 0 results
You're overworking. I believe all of the values for what you want from this game are 4-byte.
Secondly, you don't need to change the search type to decreased, use exact values.
Also make sure you are using "next scan" and not starting a new one.
Usually you should find the value you're looking for in under five searches. For this game it was three for me.

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Also for those who don't know, there is a console with cheat commands.

"ce cheatecode setgold 1000"
setexp setenergy setmaxenergy

Make sure you type "cheatecode", not cheatcode.

The dev is Russian, so translation might be off.

Last edited:

danteVasquex

Jun 29, 2017
God Of War 4 was developed by ~6 people within 3 year. So, NO. Only experience is matter.
You have to be trolling if you think God of war 4 was only 6 devs. 5 minutes of research would tell you GOW4 has a budget of atleast 44 million dollars (GOW 3's official budget) with a dev team size of atleast 200.

EDIT:
Bwhahaha I'm still laughing 6 people boi please.

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
Also for those who don't know, there is a console with cheat commands.

"ce cheatecode add money 1000" Make sure you type "cheatecode", not cheatcode.
The dev is Russian, so translation might be off.
Odd, when I wrote "ce cheatecode add money 1000" in the console, it didn't accept it. But I beat the game nevertheless, so ty for the cheat engine tip.
You're overworking. I believe all of the values for what you want from this game are 4-byte.
Secondly, you don't need to change the search type to decreased, use exact values.
Also make sure you are using "next scan" and not starting a new one.
Usually you should find the value you're looking for in under five searches. For this game it was three for me.
I did new scan and then next scan afterwards which had led me to 0 results.
But I did 4 bytes like you said and it worked instantly. So thank you! But out of curiousity, do you know why all didn't work? 4 bytes should fit under All, no?

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Odd, when I wrote "ce cheatecode add money 1000" in the console, it didn't accept it. But I beat the game nevertheless, so ty for the cheat engine tip.

I did new scan and then next scan afterwards which had led me to 0 results.
But I did 4 bytes like you said and it worked instantly. So thank you! But out of curiousity, do you know why all didn't work? 4 bytes should fit under All, no?
I do have the legitimate patreon version, so perhaps the cheats work for me for that reason. I looked at the file structure between the two and it looks the same, so idk.

It's probably because you were searching for decreased value instead of the exact value.
I typically use the search "All" for my first scans on a new game, but most of the time it's going to be 4-bytes for the money and everything else. Sometimes exp is a float value. Not sure why your search didn't work, but I'll assume you did something wrong. :b

Reactions: zoneitorboneit

WadSad

Nov 7, 2017
The game might not look great but I like the concept...

Heck "like" is an understatement, I've played the shit out of the two previous games:
Overtopia and Overtopia B&W

If you need any help with the game I'd love to help
Good work.

Lozenges

Oct 4, 2018
I played both Overtopia original, B&W before. I like former concept art more than 3D. And I want to know what difference storyline/breeding option. And this version must use 64-bit, isn't it? (I can play only 32-bit games)

Hanson Hansen

Sep 11, 2018
After hours of hours looking for ways to get up console ingame in develop mod 64, i gotta turn to you guys. I dont use cheat engine or anything like that. Cant seem to get "~" (Tilde) when im ingame. Any way for me to switch it? Or do you have a solution for me so I can write the cheats? I have all of them.

And just to add why I want to use some cheats; theres a bug so you cant save, or you can save but cannot load the save file when you reenter :). So boring to start all over on scratch everytime it gets closed :)

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
After hours of hours looking for ways to get up console ingame in develop mod 64, i gotta turn to you guys. I dont use cheat engine or anything like that.
Why not start using CE (cheat engine) ? Download it, look at a short tutorial on how to use it on YT and then you can cheat at any game you want

Hanson Hansen

Sep 11, 2018
Why not start using CE (cheat engine) ? Download it, look at a short tutorial on how to use it on YT and then you can cheat at any game you want
Well, I could do that but must be an easier way imo. Its nothing I normally do but when the save/load thing is bugged beyond belief its handy to just get some starting cash so I dont allways have to start at the bottom. When they fix the save/load thing I wont be using it no more :) I even contributed on Silvergogs Patreon page so I could retrieve them :)

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Cheat engine boots a tutorial the first time you launch it. It's not rocket science, the tool is extremely powerful if you know what to do with it. But that's another ballgame, adding money to a game is very simple.

Open the process (game), enter the value of the number you wish to change, new scan, find a way to change the in game value (buy something, lose health, etc), enter the new value and click next scan. Repeat until there is only one address remaining. Double click the address, and change it. If the game does not reflect your change, try buying something or losing health to refresh the number. If it still doesn't work you have the wrong address, or the dev is just too smart :b

Nkbs

Jun 20, 2018
the "cheatecode" don't work at all.. it says "No!" or "Missing Resource"
and the CE? useless... i tried it with the money, 4 bytes, 8,2, exact value/all value/ small/big..

nothing...

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
the "cheatecode" don't work at all.. it says "No!" or "Missing Resource"
and the CE? useless... i tried it with the money, 4 bytes, 8,2, exact value/all value/ small/big..

nothing...
Yeah, as I pointed out I'm using the paid version from patreon, perhaps the codes aren't in the alpha release.

And if CE has been fruitless I'd say you have no idea what you're doing. No offense intended, CE was confusing as shit for me to learn.

Found the address for money in two scans.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
do you know why all didn't work? 4 bytes should fit under All, no?
Have you checked your CE settings? Under Scan Settings, check what "The all type includes" is set as. If none of the types are checked there, then that's your problem.
Open the process (game), enter the value of the number you wish to change, new scan, find a way to change the in game value (buy something, lose health, etc), enter the new value and click next scan. Repeat until there is only one address remaining. Double click the address, and change it. If the game does not reflect your change, try buying something or losing health to refresh the number. If it still doesn't work you have the wrong address, or the dev is just too smart :b
That works in some games, but not nearly all. For example, flash games and RPG maker games store their values in a certain way. I believe *8 for flash and something like *10+1 for PRG maker, but I'm not sure about those. You can find snippets of code to add those two as custom types to CE pretty easily if you do a Google search though.

Some games also like to use double or float types, which can be a hassle to get at times. And don't even get me started on pointer scans. Those can be time consuming.

Reactions: zoneitorboneit

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
WHY the hell are people saying that Cheat Engine is so hard to learn? I don't get it. I was immediately able to pick it up after going through the tutorials. The only thing that's hard is the hex value thing. That's the real confusing part.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes