Ren'Py Packaging Android Failure

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I'm trying to package my game for Android. It works fine when playtesting, but fails to build a distribution. Attached is the android.txt file, the failing point seems to be appackageRelease

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':appackageRelease'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
> value (4296466818) > 0x00000000ffffffffL

Googling has brought up similar questions, but none of those answers helped. I tried reinstalling Renp'y, Java JDK and Java JRE, putting the keys in various places, generating new keys, reconfiguring, changing the memory allocation and pretty much everything else listed in the top results. Could any of you help me tackle this error?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Try Ren'py 8, was having similar issues with 7.4.5 and it went away after jumping up to 8.1.1.

Plus 8 allows for web releases without having to fuck with animations, which is a nice side benefit of it.

Edit: It's also possible that your RAPT is fucked up somewhere. You could try deleting the folder and redownloading it again.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Try Ren'py 8, was having similar issues with 7.4.5 and it went away after jumping up to 8.1.1.

Plus 8 allows for web releases without having to fuck with animations, which is a nice side benefit of it.
Thanks for the reply!
I'll give it another whirl, had some troubles with 8 early on in dev, but maybe it'll work for this task

Reactions: MissFortune