Ren'Py Packaging renpy game for android devices

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
So I have made a game in ren'py and a lot of my users are asking me to make it playable on android
I looked at the screen in renpy and it is telling me to install the jdk packages

Went to the website and have ABSOLUTELY no idea what version I should choose, AND then I get taken to another website that is even more confusing

Can anyone talk me through the process of getting my windows 10 64bit laptop setup to build an android version of my game please?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Went to the website and have ABSOLUTELY no idea what version I should choose, AND then I get taken to another website that is even more confusing
As said by , you need the version 8 of the JDK.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
From a similar thread I answered a while back:

I followed the tutorial on how to port an android version on Ren'py 7.4.5, so it may be different depending on version. Not entirely sure.
The tutorial said to use , which I installed along with Oracles version (not sure if both are needed, but they don't take up much space. So I left them both.). Problem is for the latter, you need an Oracle account. Some generous soul over on Github made this little tool to download them without an account. So basically:

Open page > Go to the page on another tab > You'll likely want the x64 Windows version of what is currently "jdk-8u301-windows-x64.exe" (I used 291 myself, should work the same, though.), click on 'jdk-8u301-windows-x64.exe' on the Oracle page, check the license agreement box, and once the download box turns green, right click on the box green box and copy the link. > Go back to the first link listed at the top of this paragraph and paste the link you copied into the box. > Hit 'convert' > click the given link > will start download automatically. Close Ren'py and install. I could be missing a step, but I'm pretty sure that's the process I took.
and then repeat the same steps (in the second paragraph) for the JRE version of the page. The file should have a similar name as the JDK file above, something like this: 'jre-8u301-windows-x64.exe', for example. Hopefully that helped some.

Reactions: Amahl Farouk

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
From a similar thread I answered a while back:

I followed the tutorial on how to port an android version on Ren'py 7.4.5, so it may be different depending on version. Not entirely sure.

and then repeat the same steps (in the second paragraph) for the JRE version of the page. The file should have a similar name as the JDK file above, something like this: 'jre-8u301-windows-x64.exe', for example. Hopefully that helped some.

Just to let you know I got it working! Thank you very much, your advice was extremely helpful

Reactions: MissFortune