VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Pandora's Box [v1.0] [Void Star]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Samken

Pros:

1- Renders and animations are good, albeit with a bit of clipping on the animations.

Cons:

1- Forced NTR and Rape, you've been warned.
    2- Story is pretty bad, Male MC is just an enabler, meaning that he's just there for an excuse for NTR to happen, it makes absolutely no sense playing as him.
    Meanwhile, Female MC choices basically boil down to be a slut and see content, or not be a slut and see no content at all, so it's more of a Kinect Novel if you'll, since it's basically fake choices all around.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 444674

I've been following this game since about v0.5. Just played v0.7 a little while ago and I don't really have too much to say that I feel hasn't been said.

I'm not really familiar with Void Star's games if there are more, which I'm pretty sure there are. I do know that they are pretty infested with NTR though, a genre I've long since outgrown my avoidance of because NTR is often stupid scenarios I'd never find replicate. So NTR isn't an issue for me. What is an issue, among other things, is the content of this NTR, or should I say the what occurs in NTR in general with these games.

This game, as well as many others, relies heavily on the blatant stupidity of the male MC to carry forward it's forced NTR plot. And I mean this boy is stupid. Probably the dumbest male MC in an NTR game so far. Gambling his girl, leaving his girl with shady individuals, allowing himself to be put in situations that might affect his relationship with his girl, this boy does it all.

It's come to a point where I'm asking if it's impossible to write an NTR plot for a game that doesn't insult the player's intelligence like almost every NTR story ever. I'd also rather this just be a straight linear NTR story since that's very obviously the story Void Star favors telling. Nothing of interest happens on the non-NTR route. All it does is subtract the content you would see if you were playing on the NTR route.

That said, the NTR route is still very sexy and the GF is also very sexy, but that's all there is really. The renders are nice, the animations are good, the SFX add to the sexiness, it's clear who this game is made for, which is fine. But if that's the intention, just create a linear story, since that's basically what this is. And for Chrissake stop making me lose brain cells watching this male MC's stupid decision making.

I'd probably give this 2.5/5. This is an NTR game through & through, which I knew going in. Stupid MC, adventurous GF, horny men want her (one of them gets her). But the GF's sex scenes are sexy and I guess that's enough. Not every game needs to try to be a master at writing anyway. But it loses points for me for being overly stupid just to force its NTR plot. And if you fight the game back(picking non-NTR choices) there is no content, so again, what's the point of those choices? What's the point of fighting back if there is no payoff?

No, this is a game to just let loose. Literally. Your brain? Turn it off. Your heart? Turn it off. Your dick? Whip it out. Make every decision that favors sex, because this game will just hand it to you if you just let loose.

I'd only recommend it if you play it like that. If you don't like NTR....well then what are you doing here? Stop hurting yourself, my guy.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Darkmetal

On technical level, this game is well put together, renders are decent, H-scenes are smooth, no bugs. It might very well have been a pretty good female-protag corruption game. Dumb husbands/BFs are kind of a staple in that genre. However, this game shoots itself in the foot by actually forcing us to "play" as the dumb male MC as well.

The quotation marks over "play" are because we can't effect any of his super-stupid decisions - such as not betting everything on poker or leaving the GF alone with her ex - those are railroaded, only minor things that will affect "submission" scores (more on this later) are a choice.

His introduction at the start of the game goes something like this: "dropped out of college so that he could use his college fund to rent an apartment and accommodate every little thing his GF wants financially. His name is ___" and already you are wanting to type in a stupid name like Dumbass or IdiotBoi. Gives up his entire future to be a walking doormat and dip-in purse for the F-MC while she fucks around. And he doesn't get better, he gets worse.

Forcing us to play a character we despise turns the game into a mess. It doesn't work as NTR as we are actively rooting for him to be screwed over. It doesn't work as Femdom because the F-MC has no agency in making him a sub, it's his choices that make him submissive not hers.

Example: The M-MC gets submission points if he asks for a footjob. Why? Who TF knows, maybe he just likes FJs. Makes no sense.

Now if instead we play only as the F-MC and the NPC-MMC comes asking for sex and she chooses to say "No. You'll have to do with just a FJ and it's my way or the highway" then she will have agency and the sub points would actually be merited and earned.

A game that needs to be endured, if played, rather than enjoyed. Not recommended.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

A360

So the writing is pretty poor and the MC is ludicrously dumb but you play as the girl as well and the scenes are alright so no big deal. First play through would have given this 3-4 stars with my biggest gripe been the characters are aggressively dumb and the writing is meh but fuck it the woman mc is hot. If it wasn't for the ex. The game gave me a decision to fuck the ex a character I just didn't want to because the dude looks creepy as fuck, I'd have made the same decision for the old man.

Did I get to ignore that character and fuck everyone else? No, instead the game threw a rape scene at me out of fucking nowhere. If the option is “struggle to push him away” but the game ignored it how the fuck is the character waking up the next day blaming herself and saying she enjoyed it? That is some creepy shit. But ok maybe forgive that as stupidity or the dev not realising how badly that will come across to players that aren't into rape. One bad scene doesn't necessarily ruin the game. but choices are frustrating in this.

The choices are nonsense in general and that makes me just hate this game, with that and the scene just no, it's rubbish. I made a choice at one point with the guy called “have sex” and then had 5-6 choices as the female for content grayed out after. Really? Seriously the design is just all over the place. Make one wrong choice and loads of content is locked of for little reason.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Alfius

sigh...I don't know what to say about this game...

Let's start with the good.

Character design: I'm in love the female MC is stunning 10/10
    The UI fonts and presentation of the game: 8/10
    Grammar and Language: Good a solid 7/10
    Graphics: Very good 9/10
    Animation: average to good 7/10

The Bad:
    Hard to point my finger on it.
    OK it's an NTR game and not my Genre, but I can still appreciate it.
    The game gives you the illusion of choice, but basically the choice is, chose nasty and you get content or chose nice and get no content. So basically you have just one path to follow if you want to see content.

The point system also does not make sense in my mind.

***mild spoiler.***
    In one scene you are forced to do favours for a client if you refuse, you are locked out of all other sexual content or choices. There is an option for Angy revenge sex later in the game. I wanted to choose that, but if you did not do sexual favour earlier you can not have angry revenge sex. For me the is a garbage choice...I'm angry and want to have revenge sex, but I do not want to do sexual favours for creepy dudes. This was very frustrating and basically force you to go down only one path.

Then there is the questionable R... scene that comes out of nowhere...

What can I say....I actually like the female character for the first couple of releases, but everything in terms of character development went downhill since the R... scene
  6. 4.00 star(s)

boulimanus

A very interesting one out of the myriad of options but of inequal value depending on what you're after.

In terms of game this is not a great one because of a lack of gameplay.
    As a visual novel however, it works great. Then you either like of dislike the story. A bit more choice and variety of outcomes wouldn't go a miss though.
    Visually it is where the game shines the most. I normally hate piercing especially when there are too many, but in this game I find the main girl stunning still. The quality of the models is brilliant and the details make it look very good. The skin closeups are a great example of how realistic things look.
    Animations are okay but not amazing, and the angles are often disapointing, but as everything looks good there's at least always something nice to watch.

All in all it is not a perfect game by far, but a good digital novel to spend good time with.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Alig8r

It's cheating NTR material stay away if you don't like it. That being said. What a pleasant surprise this game was. I don't know why it's not well known! The female protagonist is absolutely beautiful. Lot's of content and the pace is pretty good. Now it has creepy/ugly perverts and involuntary action, which i don't like, but those that do will love it. Animations are very good though there is clipping here and there that needs to be removed. Story is grounded in reality. Hope to see actual hotwifing and cuckold content.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

letsgo42

Main character is a girl who is a freak, with it's strange haircut. Looks like it is a reflection of her internal contradictions.
    Dunno what I mean by that but the game is going to be awesome for NTR-lovers.
    Good luck to dev! I'll submit on patreon with pleasure to this game,
  9. 5.00 star(s)

muschi123

Very good game with a interesting story. For once the MC isnt some superhero-mister-fuckevery-girl which is pretty refreshing and leaves for many twists in the progression of the game. The content so far (June 19) is alright, but I hope the next updates will increase a bit in size. Other than that the game is def worth a try.
  10. T
    2.00 star(s)

Thialf

Review v0.5:

First of all, the game looks great. The renders are great, the animations decent enough. The story and dialogue are fine, although the male MC is quite a dumb weakling. I would have liked more influence on him. The female MC on the other hand is both visually appealing but (more importantly) also an interesting character, although if you try to make her act like a good girl, her behaviour is quite different then what the NPC are saying about her.

What annoyed me about this game though, was the text by the dev on his Patreon:
    "You will make important choices that define their relationship. The power is in your hands as two alternative paths follow. Corruption for the girlfriend and Submission for the boyfriend."

With that, I had assumed that it would be possible to avoid the NTR. But it's not avoidable, even though it appeared to be avoidable in the beginning. You can even get the female MC to dislike cheating on the male MC and not do that. But you can't avoid the male MC cheating on the female MC. And you also can't avoid the female MC getting date-raped.

This I really dislike. If the game is about pure NTR / cheating and nothing else, then be open about that and not lead the player on with the idea that it could be avoidable. After learning about this fact, I had a second playthrough where I just chose the most slutty option everywhere and then I got more scenes but a similar outcome, except the female MC liked the rape... I mean, just, what the fuck???

Dev, if you are reading this, please provide more relevant choices and make the NTR avoidable. Or at least alter your game description. If the NTR would have been avoidable, I'd probably have given this game 4 stars, but as it is, I can't give more than 2, despite the good renders and good character design.

And to avoid any misunderstanding: I'm not against NTR as such (as long as it's clear up front) and I can read the tags.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

MacDoobie

(Reviewed Version 0.5)

What a great NTR and femdom themed game. Was a bit skeptical seeing some of the reviews, but tried it out and was hooked, Could not stop playing it.

Nadia is such a sexy girl - and a breath of fresh air after watching an endless chain of super big boobed over inflated sex toys. I love her slim tight athletic body and perky natural tits. Her trendy hair style and piercings are so hot. Love her personality and the fact that she does not start the game as Ms. Naive Virgin. What a strong unique character.

Th MC is a bit of a selfish schmuck, and a loser in the making - but for me he is perfect for the role. Really like that he is quite honestly average in Penis size. Going to be the perfect tool for a pissed off dominant girlfriend. Fits my jaded fantasies perfectly.

Have only played the Corruption route all the way through - going to play the Submission route fully next play through. I think that there is no real 'love' route in this one - and I like that. Femdom or NTR - for me this is a perfect scenario.

The foot domination scenes are absolutely absorbing . Well rendered and the animation is so good that I don't mind the dev reuses it more then once - my hard on never got wilted while watching. Watching Nadia' sweet pussy and tits from the MC 's POV is really really hot - she is so sweet looking yet so dominant.

The ex is a perfect 'bad' guy. He takes advantage of our poor self centered loser MC and even though he is a dick at least he is an Alpha dick.

The lesbian girlfriend is well done so far - just enough focus on her. Not in too many scenes as befits a secondary character but just enough to help get Nadia on the way to corruption.

The outfits are really well picked out. Love the dark leather look, and the contrast with the blue jean waif.

As far as game play - I had no bugs at all, and the story is only 2 paths right now which is perfect. No grinding - yay! The choices that really matter for each path are clearly color coded so you know which way you want to go without resorting to a walk through. This is so cool.

If you don't like a beta male being slowly put in his place then this game is probably not for you. Heavy on NTR, The drunk scene is coerced sex (not forced imho - big difference) in the Corruption path - but that adds to it's
    hotness as a forbidden fantasy.

The heavy use of camera's and the voyeurism themes are also really a good touch.

All in all for a jaded fetishist like me this is one great game. In my top 5.

If you are into vanilla sex and fetishes are not your thing STAY AWAY!!!!

This one gets 5 boners from me. :love::p(y)
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Pancho2504

Completely pointless, terrible dialogue, zero choices of any importance. If you want the people "playing" to have any interest in your characters at least allow them to make some decisions other than masturbate or just shower. Complete waste of time
  13. 3.00 star(s)

danman87

I rate this game as average. The story is ok, although I clicked through a lot of the dialog. The sex scenes are decent, there's only a few CG scenes and one is at least animated but too short like most VN's these days. The artwork is pretty good, it's not cartoony and the models aren't overly expressed. However, I'm still curious where the story goes as it could open up to something that captures my attention so I'm not giving up on it. I'd recommend a play through as there's zero grind and it's a standard visual novel. I'm hoping the dev continues as it could be good.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Drako

shitty game , one of the most ugly characters i have ever seen they look like a bunch of street hookers , this game from the start dont make sense for me ,but now i know that ntr dont make sence whith a female protagonist it should be whith a male mc or a multi mc , and even the story is not worth it.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Cervixpunch

Hypothetically the game could be good. The female protag is hot and the dev is able to make good scenes. Unfortunately there is some odd choices made by the dev. Here's the thing I like ntr yet I really dislike this game.

The male MC is outright unbearable. He's got a baby dick and is such a moron I find myself ctrl everything with him on screen. He is genuinely unbearable. I decided to give it a chance, turns out he was worse than I expected. This is the first game I've seen ntr in where it the mc gets cucked because he's simply an idiot, as in truly staggeringly stupid and annoying (deliberately so). He actually deserves to get cucked but it's not enjoyable because he's such a moron you're just wishing you didn't have to read about him at all. Even the sex scenes involving him aren't enjoyable because of the aforementioned tiny dick. The description says naive that is not how he comes across, a child in a mans body is closer. Also if you were trying not to go the ntr route, the girl is giving you clear signals not to leave her with her ex the male mc does exactly that and she gets raped.....why the fuck do I want to be controlling this guy?

There is basically no choice. It's basically 3 sex scenes where it's oral, vaginal or footjob (which is for some reason tagged as submissive?) 3 times and as it's with the male mc so it's hardly wanking material. Then 2 scenes that are forced upon you a blowjob and a cheating/rape scene. Your choices boil down to not to have the woman masturbate, not to have sex and choose whether the girl either cheats or get's raped. If I'm playing an adult game where one set of choices boils down to avoiding content and the other is have content all that's doing is making me wonder what the choice is there for. I don't feel any choice in the game matters as most are just content skips. Which wouldn't be a problem except the game says make your choices....there's basically none to make. Then to ignore my choice and just throw rape in there something that is a complete turn off for me? I mean just wtf.

It'd have honestly just have been better focusing on the women and have her as the only main character. It wouldn't fix the choices but it'd make the game 100% more bearable. I see what the dev was going for I just don't think it's worked at all.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Gentoo

The good the bad and the ugly.
    Well the only good is the developer can do some amazing renders and animations and with the exception of the trashy piercings the model is hot.
    The bad and there's plenty of it starting with the slutty whore with metal all over her face, the pathetic MC with the toddlers dick and the God awful story!
    The ugly, the deception of the tagging with incest, rape and NTR, you can tell the only reason incest was used was to draw upon it's popularity to the much less popular rape and NTR. When it was apparent NTR was in the game it was claimed to be avoidable but then forced upon unsuspecting players along with rape which was not tagged at all.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

loters

Version reviewed: v.0.5

Plot:

I liked the beggining of the game and i ´d liked if the was optional to give more freedom.
    I know The Void only make NTR games but hey i only say what i think.
    It´s ok if you can make the MC act like he doesn’t know what’s going on and is so stupid that everyone can take advantage of him but through decisions, but i don´t see too much options to take.

Well the plot can be avoidable because is like many other game of this genre potato characters in a potato world. You won´t give a fuck of what will happen. But dispity the lack of personality here we go:

Some people say that Nadia is not raped because she wanted to do it. But if you don´t play on the submisive route (is more like a "Becoming a whore" route) she don´t want at all.
    And even if she let it happen, the next day she will say she is embarrased of what happened and so bad for cheating on you. But she keeps giving a blowjob to the bouncer and let her boss masturbate her ( So she gets raped and let her boss do that to her LOL I think if a normal person gets raped won´t want anybody to touch ).

But hey! when she receive a photo from the exBF that shows the girl that came with him the other day with her BF in the bathroom of Nadia´s house she becomes so pissed, but she doesn´t think it could be a trap.
    Because Nadia says that MC took the photo but clearly he doesn´t because his hands are empty in the photo and how the fuck did her exBF get it.

The funny thing that after this she fucks another man.
    How on hell can she be pissed? Her Bf cheated her with a woman, but her cheated too and with the exBF, the boss, the bouncer, and the unknown man.

Renders and animations:

Were very good both of them but the animation of the rape scene and the bathroom with the stranger i find them a bit unnatural because of the rigidity of some parts of their bodies.
    And i would like if they showed some more you know like more angles of view.

Characters:

Classic of this kind of games. Potato girl and his boyfriend the retarded.
    The GF who becomes a whore in no time.
    The retarded MC who acts in the most stupid way every time and mentally seems like a kid.
    The friend who betray you and fucks Ms´s GF and makes her a whore.
    Some strangers and morons who fucks the GF just with a small talk or something like that.

Gameplay:

Almost no decisions.
    First thing that annoys me is why she becomes more dominant depending on how you bet with the exBF she is not involved in this. But is the same thing with the footjob, so if i tell my GF to give me a foot job is she dominating me? XD LOL.
    Only how do you want to have sex with Nadia, how to bet with her exBF, and how she react to others.

I´d liked it if you can decide to confront your GF for having photos of her having sex with him while she is still in contact with him. Well he even goes to your appartment two days in the short time is showed so...
    It´s only an example i mean that i would like if it had more freedom in the choices not only if the GF fucks with 2 or 6 man.

I think the game was a good idea at the begining but so soon becomes very bad.
    Almost no choices impact.
    Potato characters.
    Same story as most of this kind of games.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

CuriousSpectre

The game looks very promising so far. In its early state of development, there is not so much content at the moment and your choices do not have to much influence on the story so far. But I like the graphics and the story. I only hope that the boyfriend does not become to much of a sissy.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

radical686

Update: the rape content is still in the game but at least it's tagged and not unexpected. Ultimately, I stand by my rating. Why does the ex need to rape her? She's a sex-crazed nymph and her boyfriend is a douchebag. It just defies credulity. Why rape her? How does that move the story forward in a credible way? Cuck the boyfriend as payment for the debt. He deserves it.

I agree with others. Why does so much NTR content have to insult the gamer and leave the woman without any agency?

I really wanted to like this.

The good
    --amazing renders. I love tattoos and piercings and Nadia and her girlfriend were fucking hot as shit.
    --Initially, the NTR was hot. I expected it and it's obvious. Boyfriend has a tiny dick, I gave him the last name douchebag. He's also stupid and doesn't know when he's being played. Didn't care; was eager to fuck him over.

The bad
    --rape content wasn't in the tags when I downloaded it. closed the game and deleted--don't like having rape content sprung on me.
    --didn't get to it, but it's pretty obvious this hot chick is gonna eventually have to have sex with ugly, fat, old men. Boner killer for me.
    --Set-up turned lame quick.

Nadia is portrayed as loving sex and lots of it, but the only way to get a lot of the NTR content is to make a decision not to have sex with the boyfriend early on . . . What? If she had a reason to reject him, fine. But, she wasn't angry at him or anything. It was just a pointless decision that if she acts contrary to type, she can get all of the NTR content. I even had her choosing the blue regularly up to that point. I just couldn't see a sex-crazed minx refusing sex with her boyfriend. Very irritating.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

hakarlman

PROS
    - The nightmare was pretty hot
    - Getting caught watching interracial porn was hot, but it didn't lead to anything interesting
    - Above average renders
    - Women are good looking, but not the best.

CONS
    - Low quality NTR/Cuck content. None of it is really any good, because it's usually with women you have no association with.
    - Story drags while constantly introducing new characters with no proper character development, buildup or climax.
    - Dev makes all the same writing mistakes as forgotten paradise.
    - Unless you're a master writer, don't add tons of characters.

My suggestion to the dev is to try a simple formula:

- Male protagonist
    - Girlfriend or wife
    - Male antagonist (your competition, you either win or lose which results in ntr or cuck content)
    - 2-3 minor supporting characters MAXIMUM, but these characters shouldn't be the primary focus EVER, focus on making content between the three major characters: protagonist, supporting role, antagonist