VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Paradise with Black Beauties [v0.02] [OnlyGoodGames]

1. 2.00 star(s)

LivingUnderARock

Version 0.02.

This is ... pretty bad. The dialog is painful, the choices don't seem to affect anything relating to the girl at hand (whether you compliment or insult them, the path is the same), and the models are disappointingly so-so.

I'm partial you Black women, so I was hoping to find something to like here. The only reason I gave it more than one star is because I find Ramla reasonably attractive and hope to see something approximating some decent lewd scenes with her in the future. Beyond that, there's nothing for me here.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

oh45

[Reviewed v0.01]
    An unimaginative start to a story with a hint of some mystery in the MC's backstory. There's really nothing much yet to this VN: we are only given short intros to five black women, and nothing much about the MC. No other people seem to exist in this story.

There are dialogue choices liberally sprinkled through the story, but it looks to me like there are no actual differences in your selections beyond a single sentence response by the woman with which we are currently speaking. The story text itself has some problems with its English. For example, early on the MC says "I will be glad to any work" and further along the narrator notes "... Manyara told something about [sic] his past. It turns out that she is a ...".

There is no music, but there are a few sound effects, such as a clip of a woman laughing, which is used for more than one of the story's women. Transitions between scenes are abrupt and the lack of more than a few locations gives this story introduction a claustrophobic feel.

There's one lewd scene, and the MC is given no choice regarding whether and how it happens/develops. As the introduction wraps up, we voyeur on a naked woman presumably video chatting with her boyfriend, but she ends up standing well away from the view of her PC's camera (?).

[v0.02 update]
    More of the same short interactions with the women where none of your dialogue choices really make any difference. That is, except for the final choice, where you can give a preference for either Ramla or Manyara or Imani, which might affect the game in future updates.

In the end, an average effort. 3/5 stars. Stories with black women being one of my interests, I'll keep an eye on this game. I'm really hoping that there are some improvements to come.