RPGM - Parasites of Evil [v0.15a] [Seafix]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Emerald_Fatalis

This is a reviw for the v0.15a.

The market for "parasite" and "Squick" games is very limited. This is one of the better ones (especially with this version). The game has very good corruption/infection sequences that make it well worth the play. The story is neat and the main character is as dumb as you'd expect from this type of game but her responses are fairly realistic (most of the time).

Previous versions of this gane were plagued with beginner RPGMaker problems, example: severe lack of direction, too hard, very simple writing (minimal diologue/plot) and poor level design. Some of these problems still exist such as the game difficulty and level designs, but when you compare this with previous versions it really shows how hard the creator is trying. Some of the changes that seem to have been made to improve the game (that I noticed) are as follows:

* The difficulty can be reduced quicker with farming/grinding in specific areas (usually side areas, such as the zombie basement sidequest)
    * The dialogue and story have been dramatically fleshed out!
    * Fleshed out character personalities.
    * A Quest log that tells where to go and who to talk to next has been added!
    *Some of the CGs seem to have some post work (at least to me) and that helps them look better.
    * Added markers (Balloons/Sparkle effects) on things that you need to or should interact with.

This newest version (0.15a) is supposed to be Saefix's final version on RPGMaker MV since he is remaking the game (including CG pictures) in RPGMaker MZ. I've seen some of the new work on his Patreon and have high hopes for the future release, I will probably do an updated review when the new version comes out

Edit: Grammar.
    Edit 2: raised score to 5 star because being just 4 star lowered the average when I did the review in hopes to raise it.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Screwbucket

Okay, look. I want to rate this higher. But...

Pros:
    The artwork is generally good.

Cons:
    -It's bog standard RPG Maker
    -Holy FUCK is it poorly designed. It is insanely easy to miss the money you need to buy your first weapon and you are actually unable to attack without it.
    -No, seriously, the game design on display is terrible. You can wander aimlessly for ages having no idea what you are supposed to do. You can even wander around aimlessly knowing what you are supposed to do without any idea of how to get there.
    -Maps are poorly designed. Everything is far larger than it needs to be and nothing feels organic. The church feels more like a giant square room than an actual church.
    -No real sound to speak of outside of the default RPG Maker effects. There's not even music.
    -Even if you were just here for fap material, the sex scenes are one off and non-repeatable. Given how long it takes to go between set pieces
    -The "corruption" is basically an on-off switch. If you're into that, cool. If not, there you go.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

rainwake

v0.15

Pros
    + Parasite corruption genre is under-represented and has a lot of potential
    + CGs look good
    + Models look good
    + facial expressions in scenes are good when it's not a trollface
    + It's cool that you can choose to do a corruption route
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cons
    - Questlog doesn't work and there's no hints on where to go. Playing this without a walkthrough is painful
    - Town is needlessly large. Also no mini-map or menu to view the map. It's hard to find the NPCs you're supposed to talk to or the building you're trying to find
    - NPCs don't repeat their quest details, so if you forget what you need to do or where you're supposed to go, you'll be stuck without a walkthrough
    - It's possible to enter a higher level zone (school) without warning and without progressing anything else. The random encounters will most likely kill you. Normally games would give you areas to level up first, then gradually give you harder zones as you progress. This one might have forgotten to do that
    - Random chance to miss in combat is annoying
    - A lot of the infected seem to have a troll face

Bugs
    - When I first opened the game, there was no text boxes. I could see the character portraits as though they were supposed to say something but no text box would show up. Closing the game and reopening fixed this
    - On the corruption route, talking to the guy near your house (Random #1) initiates an H-scene but the game always freezes
    - Animated H-scene with Random #2 looks like it's running in slow mo
    - Can't talk to Leony after beating Sonja and picking the Corruption route
    - When you enter the Sanctum (parasite base), you're character portrait pops up and blocks the screen. You can move around, but you're portrait stays on the screen. This persists even if you leave. Only when you talk to someone does your portrait go away.
    - After taking the corruption route, it's impossible to talk to the bartender to receive his quest, nor is it possible to receive more quests from Leony the police officer

Suggestions
    - Add Save and Load to the main menu. It's annoying that you have to go to a sub-menu to Save.
    - Add a Map, fast travel, or make each zone smaller
    - Progression should be more streamlined in the beginning. There should be more guidance in the beginning for what you're supposed to do
    - NPCs should repeat their quest when talked to again
    - Questlog should list the quests you have and where to go

Conclusion
    This game is scuffed. This game lacks many of the fundamentals that a sandbox game should have. However, the idea is still good and the scenes are not bad
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Kmon13

The game has potential with its story and combat system but it still has a few bugs that need to be dealt with...

Someone needs to fix the options screen because I've noticed a mixture of English and German.

There are also points where the game friezes up with the Boogieman fight being an example since it froze after its defeat.

I've also got confused at points with directions with the Parasite Nuns case being a good example.

- Talked to the nun after talking with the informant in the church and nothing happened until I spoke to the rude Catholic Schoolgirl that was standing outside a building with an organic wall...

- One would think after defeating the Parstiy Nun and failing in rescuing her Hostage that the rude schoolgirl standing outside the strange building would go into hiding or at least follow the MC home to attack her in her sleep or in the shower but she was still there and that puzzled me a bit.

With that said while I do think this game does have potential, it needs some fine-tuning in a few areas.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Forix

Trash game, don't waste your time. Translation to english is extremely bad, so are the combats and mechanism.
    No explanation, no story and ultra unbalanced fights.

Devs is here for a quick buck before getting out.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Andromort

I haven't seen such trash for a very long time. The only good thing about it is CG's, but even they are not that good. English here is absolutely terrible. Almost every sentence starts with lowercase letter, the amount of mistakes is astonishing, but even if you try to ignore them (which is difficult), the text itself looks like it was written by 9-year old. The world is dead and has no interaction: you can't talk with people on streets, can't examine stuff. The gameplay part is just lazy RPG Maker MV shit, you just spam auto-attack and kill enemies with 1-3 hits. Random encounters are cancer, so of course they are also here. I've seen many 0.1 versions of games, but this? This is one of the worst ones.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Gilbertfred

This game is in it's infancy so I am going to be rather easy on it (if it wasn't it would definitely be a one star game). The biggest hurdle this game will have to overcome is it's weak communication and English skills. When you start the game you get a brief text crawl and are dumped right into gameplay, with no clues as to how you are supposed to get ball rolling (it's the cellphone on her night stand by the bed by the way) and when you do the "Euroish" is so garbled that you only have a hazy guess on what to do.

This game's strength is definitely it's fetish content and the amount of sex it has for such an early build.

If the creators are reading this then I recommend finding a proof reader to punch up your dialogue and work on communicating what to do to the player more effectively (a quest log perhaps?).

Anyways I will probably edit this review to match the overall quality of the game as it matures, so fingers crossed that the devs are able to learn on their feet.

Edit for 0.13: An issue that is becoming quite apparent with this update is that this game will probably lack the "connective tissue" that will make this game understandable. For example the sex scenes feel rather janky as one frame will leap to a completely different sexual position without any sort of establishing shot or dialogue indicating such a change. The best example is (I cannot for the life of me figure out he spoiler tag so here's some blank space before the "spoiler")

the scene where you are corrupting the nun, one minute you are standing up violating her, the next you are on the ground (pissing?) into her mouth.

Another weakness I find in this game is poor characterization, you don't really feel the corruption happening to Serra or the other characters as they have no personality yet. Why should the player care if she become a sex monster if there's no baseline to measure her "fall?" We need more scenes with Serra establishing her personality before she even goes to the church, or have her get corrupted at a later point in the story.

I have become more pessimistic about this game as I doubt the writing flaws will be fixed even if the developer get's a much needed proof reader.

Two and a half stars as of this review, will give it a few more updates to improve, otherwise I will have to drop this game.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

pocketpootis

Well I played the game for some time and, for a very first demo it is not a bad start, although there were plenty of flaws and bugs that need to be fixed. I want to list all upsides, downsides and bugs that I encountered here.

From upsides, the renders and scenes in my opinion are pretty decent, although they need some refinement. Can't say that story is good though. In fact, it's pretty bare and grammar and is very basic. But it's 0.001 version so I hope that is going to get fixed.

And now, downsides. The dungeon system isn't good, at least for a reason enemies just spawn on you, without you being able to avoid them, which I find frustrating. But the fact you can escape and there's 99% chance you do so is kinda compensating it.
    Then, the map. It's ridiculously and unjustly big. If you don't enable "Always Run" in the options, you're going to traverse it for ages. Church interior is also humongous. There's also a lot of places that just seem unnecessary and distracting. However, it doesn't mean I'm against exploration nor that these building need to be removed, of course not. I think that shrinking the map size will help to solve both issues. It will improve navigation, decrease travel times and will make people less frustrated when they come into building and then discover that it isn't what they need (subjective).
    I would also mention props and details not being solid or solid but in wrong places. However, with a map of such scale it easy for creator to miss such things. Plus they are pretty rare so they won't distract you too much.

Overall, the game has plenty of potential but the combat, grinding and unrefined map are, sort of, killing it. But I'm hooked on the game and will watch its development with great interest.

In any case, my best wishes and good luck to the author!
  9. 4.00 star(s)

triumvirate

Shows promise though needs work. You can guess what you're supposed to be doing but the game would need to clear a bit who the protagonist is, what her goals are etc. Kinky rough alien/demonic girl on girl action sounds great!
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Kolba76

it´s a good start but start game u have no idea wat u have to make (no questlog or instruktion) i play 1/2 h bevor i find the money in the baer in the bedroom, in the bar-basement u can find a gun in room of the boss in the bottel, u can only play the good way, wenn you lose the fight for infektion u must try again to win the fight becouse wenn lose (end of Demo) no end of eventquest, win and u can close the event and start the next quest to talk with the policeofficer in office (start in barbasement to make money and become more money ,go police to start quest for church-basment, after police new quest go to hospital speak to doc find boss upstairs, back doc and rescue, after go downstairs eventboss than back to police, end of version)