Mod Ren'Py Parental Love - Lain's Walkthrough & Scene Gallery Mod [v0.99] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
this is the error file
You didn't put the mod in the correct folder. Move the mod folder to the correct folder.

Installation:
PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "ParentalLove-version0.10-pc" folder.

techgroof

Nov 26, 2017
You didn't put the mod in the correct folder. Move the mod folder to the correct folder.

Installation:
PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "ParentalLove-version0.10-pc" folder.
oh wow how could i mis that xD

yougopurple

Oct 16, 2018
Hm, on the Elly route (already did the Emily only route) and went to save, and It's named the save "Harem Route".... same for Emily. Either its a problem in main game or mod, don't know (dont play w/o the mod installed) , same issue on android (so not just 0.10). I know in... um, Sisterly Lust, the save file name automatically gets the day number in there, don't know, again, if thats main game or your mod for SL..

Error, or as-yet uncoded?
Cuz I was thinking, if it wasn't yet done (and simply the default was set to Harem Route), then at least with the mod, the saves could be list this format: "<WT Route choice> - Day <number>" aka: "Harem - Day 3", or "Elly - 1 Month" or "Emily - Day 6".

Can't wait for rest of your mod for SL (now a donor), and will be checking out the other mods.

And your mod is excellent anyway, I don't like having to rollback through to change which choice I picked etc.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hm, on the Elly route (already did the Emily only route) and went to save, and It's named the save "Harem Route".... same for Emily. Either its a problem in main game or mod, don't know (dont play w/o the mod installed) , same issue on android (so not just 0.10). I know in... um, Sisterly Lust, the save file name automatically gets the day number in there, don't know, again, if thats main game or your mod for SL..

Error, or as-yet uncoded?
Cuz I was thinking, if it wasn't yet done (and simply the default was set to Harem Route), then at least with the mod, the saves could be list this format: "<WT Route choice> - Day <number>" aka: "Harem - Day 3", or "Elly - 1 Month" or "Emily - Day 6".

Can't wait for rest of your mod for SL (now a donor), and will be checking out the other mods.

And your mod is excellent anyway, I don't like having to rollback through to change which choice I picked etc.
The save name isn't connected to the route you choose for the mod. Yeah I think the save will say Harem Route by default and then change when you're locked in on one of the other routes. So pretty much just ignore what the save says since it isn't always accurate and isn't connected to the mod. I could probably change it next update so the save name will say whichever route you choose from the mod.

And thanks! Sisterly Lust mod should hopefully be finished tomorrow.

Reactions: gigan

yougopurple

Oct 16, 2018
The save name isn't connected to the route you choose for the mod. Yeah I think the save will say Harem Route by default and then change when you're locked in on one of the other routes.
~~~
And thanks! Sisterly Lust mod should hopefully be finished tomorrow.
It didn't change the default, so probably not yet implemented properly.

and, w00t.

Sep 15, 2018
does ur walkthrough mod also contain the lewd patch please the reason im asking is because wen i try add ur walk thru and the lewd patch (installed as per the instructions for both) the game wont even load (oh and ive never played the game b4 its a compleatly new install

oh and a huge thanks for ur mod on sisterly lust i just finished it cant wait for more updates on the game

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
does ur walkthrough mod also contain the lewd patch please the reason im asking is because wen i try add ur walk thru and the lewd patch (installed as per the instructions for both) the game wont even load (oh and ive never played the game b4 its a compleatly new install

oh and a huge thanks for ur mod on sisterly lust i just finished it cant wait for more updates on the game
Thanks, and yes the mod includes the lewd patch. If the game doesn't load you probably put the mod in the wrong folder. What does the error say?

Reactions: Unicorn-IceFoxxi

yougopurple

Oct 16, 2018
dont need to dl the incest patch, its included. might want to check youve installed correctly.

you should see:
parental-love-whatever-the-folder-is-called\
in this folder: three files with identical filenames except the extensions: ParentalLove.exe, -.py, -.sh. maybe a log and traceback.txt files. Three folders: 'game', 'lib', 'renpy'.

Lains mod you install to the 'game' folder.
inside that, lots of .rp_something_ files (rpa, rpy, rpyc) the incest path file should be in this folder, labelled 'patch.renpy'. Use the one from the mod, not the seperate download, incase you're using an old one.

the lib and renpy folders should only contain what was installed from the main game, the mod doesn't touch those.

Reactions: Unicorn-IceFoxxi
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks, and yes the mod includes the lewd patch. If the game doesn't load you probably put the mod in the wrong folder. What does the error say?

its ok i figured it out it was because i was trying to use both the patch and the mod at the same time but tyvm for the reply i appreciate it

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
its ok i figured it out it was because i was trying to use both the patch and the mod at the same time but tyvm for the reply i appreciate it
The mod has the patch included, so they can be used together. but okay no worries.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote