Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
So many people that don't know how to hide spoilers behind spoiler tag. Its in top bar of chat box in insert drop down menu and put there for a reason.

Dioni

Jun 16, 2017
When talking to Emily on the phone, during the trip with Ada, the game is presenting an error. Did I do something wrong?

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
My impression is that Sofi has just kind of traded a really abusive situation where she was forced to have sex with them to one that's much less abusive where she just has to do sexy things with a man out of a sense of obligation. She's used to feigning interest, and maybe part of her fears that if she doesn't look and act completely enthusiastic, she'll be out on the street. Sexual stuff with the MC is the price she pays for a food, a roof over her head, and access to the women she's actually interested in.

I think an interesting arc would be where Sofi offers herself to the MC, but he declines, telling her that she doesn't have to and that she doesn't owe him anything. Somewhere down the line Sofi comes back and says that she's had a revelation, and while she offered before because she felt she had to, now she honestly does want to have sex with the MC, more than anything else in the world. Not because she owes him, but because she loves him and wants to be joined with him.

Although honestly it's a bit too late to redeem the MC. He's introduced as an asshole who did drugs and tore his family apart, and he keeps choosing the slimy and selfish options. I realize that's pretty standard fare in these incest games, and it would be a challenge to write an incest game that doesn't delve into some dark areas, or that didn't feel like the MC was taking advantage of other people. Maybe that's why I want to see it happen so much. Elly and Ada idolize their father. But I don't know if I'd really call it love. Nor would I call what Sofi feels love. The wife is the only one that probably honestly feels it, and she's the one who will basically suffer the most for it. Even in this latest update, the MC lies repeatedly to her. I honestly can't help but feel sorry for the women in this story at times, because they deserve better than the MC. I still enjoy the game. But it's kind of a love/hate relationship.
That arc is there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It is quite funny because if you had taken this arc it directly addresses what everyone seems so upset about.

As for an addict been a write of then most of world are write offs, in some form or another most people are addicts weather it illicit drugs, alcohol, natural highs (endorphins, adrenalin), work, power or even materialistic ownership. He never tore family apart, though he does think he did and also blames himself for olders sisters death even though her own choice, it was wifes choice to leave him rather than take burden on to help him recover. There are ways to deal with mental disease of addiction but she chose the easy path for her without consideration for daughters and husband, he never hurt or threaten them in any way and was in need of help. Have you played many paths? Because there are routes that take the other path so maybe reflect on why YOU making those choices rather than trying to find the paths where he choses otherwise because it seems you blaming the MC for your choices alone.

The MC does have strong ability of self rationalisation but what does he ever do to use or hurt people? He may break societies rules but it is usually because he trying not to hurt people he gets more and more entangled. It is sister that is manipulator playing people for her own ends not the MC.

I like the fact when he goes pure husband path and does everything "society" says is right is path he hurts daughters, sister and Sophie most, because reality is when we force our values on others we have a society like todays with rampant depression and suicide rates we should all be concerned about.

Last edited:

skydra

May 4, 2017
thanks for the update, excellent game as always, I just think that ada deserved a more rewarding story for the first time and not a scene as fleeting as it was, I hope that later Ada will show us more detail as it was his first time talking with Someone in some memory and do not stay in the short of that scene, otherwise congratulations again

Reactions: RustyV

Red469

May 18, 2018
That arc is there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It is quite funny because if you had taken this arc it directly addresses what everyone seems so upset about.

As for an addict been a write of then most of world are write offs, in some form or another most people are addicts weather it illicit drugs, alcohol, natural highs (endorphins, adrenalin), work, power or even materialistic ownership. He never tore family apart, though he does think he did and also blames himself for olders sisters death even though her own choice, it was wifes choice to leave him rather than take burden on to help him recover. There are ways to deal with mental disease of addiction but she chose the easy path for her without consideration for daughters and husband, he never hurt or threaten them in any way and was in need of help. Have you played many paths? Because there are routes that take the other path so maybe reflect on why YOU making those choices rather than trying to find the paths where he choses otherwise because it seems you blaming the MC for your choices alone.

The MC does have strong ability of self rationalisation but what does he ever do to use or hurt people? He may break societies rules but it is usually because he trying not to hurt people he gets more and more entangled. It is sister that is manipulator playing people for her own ends not the MC.

I like the fact when he goes pure husband path and does everything "society" says is right is path he hurts daughters, sister and Sophie most, because reality is when we force our values on others we have a society like todays with rampant depression and suicide rates we should all be concerned about.
Hi Sinpil
I Agree with you on Sofis' Relationship, While complicated, the facts are there are choices to be made, The MC taking the path to make sure he does NOT place any preasure was good one.,.. and tbh just makes that relationship that much closer as it shows that he Really cares about her rather then Want Favors from her...

Far as your perception of Addicts... LOL are you a philosopher or a Poet? This really does Strike a lil too close to home, I am guessing your including yourself there in? None of us are free of some of the addictions you mention...

Now on to what society deems the Norm... this path seems to cause thee highest of collateral damage... Surprise Surprise...

Will there ever be a day that allows Real freedom?

Reactions: Sinphil

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
No. The measures required to ensure that "real freedom" doesn't cause harm to others are an impossible thing.

In the context of this game, measures to ensure that a father engaging in an incestual relationship with any of his daughters (despite the already existing relationship between himself and his sister) is not in fact abusing them, and that they are fully aware of what they are doing with their father (relations with Ada are shady as fuck on that alone) and consenting based on that full awareness, are impossible to have.

One thing this game has going in its favour regarding potential negatives of incest, is corrective treatment(s) to prevent/counter/rectify genetic damage brought about through inbreeding.
That's one short-term ethical problem handled.

Also, people saying "societal norms" as a bad thing in the context of niche fetishes... There's a reason they're the norm, and it's entirely to do with them being niche fetishes as opposed to normal practices. Doesn't take a whole lot of time to work out why.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Hi Sinpil
I Agree with you on Sofis' Relationship, While complicated, the facts are there are choices to be made, The MC taking the path to make sure he does NOT place any preasure was good one.,.. and tbh just makes that relationship that much closer as it shows that he Really cares about her rather then Want Favors from her...

Far as your perception of Addicts... LOL are you a philosopher or a Poet? This really does Strike a lil too close to home, I am guessing your including yourself there in? None of us are free of some of the addictions you mention...

Now on to what society deems the Norm... this path seems to cause thee highest of collateral damage... Surprise Surprise...

Definitely including myself, I battle with every one of the addictions I listed and believe it or not poetry is tool I use to vent. I guess why I like this game, redemption through non conformity through my redemption was nowhere near as hot lol

Red469

May 18, 2018
Definitely including myself, I battle with every one of the addictions I listed and believe it or not poetry is tool I use to vent. I guess why I like this game, redemption through non conformity through my redemption was nowhere near as hot lol
Not sure which addictions you speak be it substance abuse... or otherwise... However...

Sinphil, We all have to find our own Truth, and our own Freedom, in what ever form it takes, ONLY then will it mean something...

This VN, Brings up some rather interesting Points, and really it comes down to choice.

Having been a smoker for a lengthy period of time I know what it means to not make the right choice...
As someone once said... : IF your dont make a choice, the choice makes you...
for me it was cigars, for you it might be something else BUT...

It all stops and starts WITH YOU...

Make the Choice.

Last edited:

Dioni

Jun 16, 2017
[QUOTE = "goobdoob, postagem: 2147848, membro: 334840"]
Qual é o erro?
[CITAR]
[QUOTE = "goobdoob, postagem: 2147848, membro: 334840"]
Qual é o erro?
[CITAR
Detalhes: Ao executar o código do jogo:
Detalhes: ScriptError; Não foi possível encontrar o rótulo "d9pastadagftalk".
Detalhes: Full Trace back; File "d9.rpyc", line 262, in script.

mike2730

Sep 7, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'd9pastadagftalk'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "d9.rpyc", line 262, in script
File "C:\Users\satan\Desktop\ParentalLove-version0.12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1620, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\satan\Desktop\ParentalLove-version0.12-pc\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'd9pastadagftalk'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.0.882
Parental Love version0.12
Wed Jul 17 10:02:45 2019

Someone know how to fix this issue here? :)

4.20 star(s) 214 Votes