Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Really kind of disappointed with how Ada lost her virginity. Elly was kind of a disappointment too because the MC couldn't even get all of the way inside of her the first time. But at least he was conscious for that. I'm not sure how the Ada thing was deemed a good idea for the update. It just seemed kind of an arbitrary decision as well. There didn't seem to be any compelling reason to do it in that way, especially that it would be seen by many as a disappointment. Hopefully I'm missing something, although there weren't really any choices to be made in this update.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Really kind of disappointed with how Ada lost her virginity. Elly was kind of a disappointment too because the MC couldn't even get all of the way inside of her the first time. But at least he was conscious for that. I'm not sure how the Ada thing was deemed a good idea for the update. It just seemed kind of an arbitrary decision as well. There didn't seem to be any compelling reason to do it in that way, especially that it would be seen by many as a disappointment. Hopefully I'm missing something, although there weren't really any choices to be made in this update.
It did seem the pop Ada's cherry was handled as a formality. Less of a build up to having sex with a sweet inexperienced young woman and more a case of get her done and get on with the game.
Maybe anal with Ada will be predicated on the MC putting a dollar on the floor of the bathroom while Ada is in the shower, so when she gets out of the shower and bends over to pickt up the dollar, " SURPRISE, SURPRISE,SURPRISE! Shazam Ada!"

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
One thing I have a problem with is that Sofi claimed she was a hard core lesbian, probably because of the abuse by drug dealing douchebags. Then she meets the MC and suddenly she is not a lesbian any longer, yes she still likes girls but really who doesn't.
The idea that a lesbian turns because of meeting the right man is kind of ludicrous.
I realize you can claim she never met a non-abusive guy until she met the MC, and I might even buy into that. But her having sex of any kind with him for pleasure would have to take time, he would have to gradually gain her trust.
Yes this is a game and there are parameters that are necessary to move the game forward, but sex with her should be the last girl. Her having panic attacks without him could have been the beginning of a sexual relationship with him.
I hopefully understand your reaction to an extent, but had a different take on the "losing lesbianism" consideration.

While in the room with Ada gaming away, after much has been discussed, supported and shared with the whole family about Sofi's past and new future with them all, we see
You know... I'm so thankful that you took me in
(shows breast)
If only there was some way I could express my gratitude you know?
moves in for an impromptu blowjob with Ada still gaming nearby
Here Sofi is probably expressing her gratitude in the way she has experienced men want it, thinking that the MC would appreciate it, too. In the same room with Ada would also imply she's turned on by being sexual near her (lesbian) crush, but she's probably also used to being abused in any manner of non-private ways from what we might imply of her mother selling her off, essentially. This scene makes lots of sense for various reasons, I feel.

Later, the MC offers the possibility of sexy time with her crush (Ada) and Sofi is overwhelmed to finally see her naked on the bed, then the MC goes bonerville and:
{Sofi}
I've been like super gay for the longest time
Partly because of all the... stuff... I guess...
But I totally do wanna touch it right now and it's totally not like me!

{MC}
Hmh, well that's kind of understandable
The first part is... Considering what you've gone through
And then there is both lesbian and hetero sex amongst a foursome (that is, including Elly).

Emphasis added by me.

Sofi interestingly admits that being "super gay" for women may have been, in part, a reaction to her only experiencing abuse at the hands of men for so long, but ... beyond showing the MC more gratitude from being habituated by her previous experiences with (bad) men, she is now in a room with a naked Ada. She still doesn't want to scare Ada off, but you can see from her expressions and read between her dialogue that her brain is going, "Adaaaaaaaaaaa!"

We know she already got a positive reaction out of the MC from her sort of autopilot blowjob gesture from before (again, likely initiated from being used to prior experiences with men who demanded sex, so it's almost a habit, with the extra spike of being in the same room with Ada), but now she's presented with a seemingly willing and naked Ada. Given that by this point in the story she's likely feeling both highly relieved and close for so many things that the MC has been enabling for her PLUS she is finally in a sexy situation with her crush, I think it's safe to say we can tell her libido is genuinely revving up - no longer just reacting from habituated sex of the past.

Further, what's the first thing she does in this scene? She has a 69 with Elly! So, while she admits to confusion about her rampup in sex drive starting to encompass the (very male) MC, she still works out her desires/needs with another woman at this time.

So, I don't see her as losing a sincere lesbian orientation, but her past admittedly made things complicated for her: she didn't really have a sense of personal self and exploration in many ways and is now learning more about herself in a friendly, supportive and highly accepting family situation that she didn't have before. I'd actually expect a few more revelations about Sofi to come out before this game path is over, honestly, but it seems she's probably bisexual with a big emphasis on women.

Last edited:

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I hopefully understand your reaction to an extent, but had a different take on the "losing lesbianism" consideration.

While in the room with Ada gaming away, after much has been discussed, supported and shared with the whole family about Sofi's past and new future with them all, we see

Here Sofi is probably expressing her gratitude in the way she has experienced men want it, thinking that the MC would appreciate it, too. In the same room with Ada would also imply she's turned on by being sexual near her (lesbian) crush, but she's probably also used to being abused in any manner of non-private ways from what we might imply of her mother selling her off, essentially. This scene makes lots of sense for various reasons, I feel.

Later, the MC offers the possibility of sexy time with her crush (Ada) and Sofi is overwhelmed to finally see her naked on the bed, then the MC goes bonerville and:

And then there is both lesbian and hetero sex amongst a foursome (that is, including Elly).

Emphasis added by me.

Sofi interestingly admits that being "super gay" for women may have been, in part, a reaction to her only experiencing abuse at the hands of men for so long, but ... beyond showing the MC more gratitude from being habituated by her previous experiences with (bad) men, she is now in a room with a naked Ada. She still doesn't want to scare Ada off, but you can see from her expressions and read between her dialogue that her brain is going, "Adaaaaaaaaaaa!"

We know she already got a positive reaction out of the MC from her sort of autopilot blowjob gesture from before (again, likely initiated from being used to prior experiences with men who demanded sex, so it's almost a habit, with the extra spike of being in the same room with Ada), but now she's presented with a seemingly willing and naked Ada. Given that by this point in the story she's likely feeling both highly relieved and close for so many things that the MC has been enabling for her PLUS she is finally in a sexy situation with her crush, I think it's safe to say we can tell her libido is genuinely revving up - no longer just reacting from habituated sex of the past.

Further, what's the first thing she does in this scene? She has a 69 with Elly! So, while she admits to confusion about her rampup in sex drive starting to encompass the (very male) MC, she still works out her desires/needs with another woman at this time.

So, I don't see her as losing a sincere lesbian orientation, but her past admittedly made things complicated for her: she didn't really have a sense of personal self and exploration in many ways and is now learning more about herself in a friendly, supportive and highly accepting family situation that she didn't have before. I'd actually expect a few more revelations about Sofi to come out before this game path is over, honestly, but it seems she's probably bisexual with a big emphasis on women.
My impression is that Sofi has just kind of traded a really abusive situation where she was forced to have sex with them to one that's much less abusive where she just has to do sexy things with a man out of a sense of obligation. She's used to feigning interest, and maybe part of her fears that if she doesn't look and act completely enthusiastic, she'll be out on the street. Sexual stuff with the MC is the price she pays for a food, a roof over her head, and access to the women she's actually interested in.

I think an interesting arc would be where Sofi offers herself to the MC, but he declines, telling her that she doesn't have to and that she doesn't owe him anything. Somewhere down the line Sofi comes back and says that she's had a revelation, and while she offered before because she felt she had to, now she honestly does want to have sex with the MC, more than anything else in the world. Not because she owes him, but because she loves him and wants to be joined with him.

Although honestly it's a bit too late to redeem the MC. He's introduced as an asshole who did drugs and tore his family apart, and he keeps choosing the slimy and selfish options. I realize that's pretty standard fare in these incest games, and it would be a challenge to write an incest game that doesn't delve into some dark areas, or that didn't feel like the MC was taking advantage of other people. Maybe that's why I want to see it happen so much. Elly and Ada idolize their father. But I don't know if I'd really call it love. Nor would I call what Sofi feels love. The wife is the only one that probably honestly feels it, and she's the one who will basically suffer the most for it. Even in this latest update, the MC lies repeatedly to her. I honestly can't help but feel sorry for the women in this story at times, because they deserve better than the MC. I still enjoy the game. But it's kind of a love/hate relationship.

Reactions: fried and RustyV

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ada's "boyfriend" sees Ada and her father naked in the same room with obvious sexual overtones correct. So why hasn't it gone further, in that I mean why hasn't the little douchebag reported the MC or at least caused a public scandal.

The only thing I can think of is he will return and try to use knowledge of their situation to his advantage.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
My impression is that Sofi has just kind of traded a really abusive situation where she was forced to have sex with them to one that's much less abusive where she just has to do sexy things with a man out of a sense of obligation. She's used to feigning interest, and maybe part of her fears that if she doesn't look and act completely enthusiastic, she'll be out on the street. Sexual stuff with the MC is the price she pays for a food, a roof over her head, and access to the women she's actually interested in.

I think an interesting arc would be where Sofi offers herself to the MC, but he declines, telling her that she doesn't have to and that she doesn't owe him anything. Somewhere down the line Sofi comes back and says that she's had a revelation, and while she offered before because she felt she had to, now she honestly does want to have sex with the MC, more than anything else in the world. Not because she owes him, but because she loves him and wants to be joined with him.

Although honestly it's a bit too late to redeem the MC. He's introduced as an asshole who did drugs and tore his family apart, and he keeps choosing the slimy and selfish options. I realize that's pretty standard fare in these incest games, and it would be a challenge to write an incest game that doesn't delve into some dark areas, or that didn't feel like the MC was taking advantage of other people. Maybe that's why I want to see it happen so much. Elly and Ada idolize their father. But I don't know if I'd really call it love. Nor would I call what Sofi feels love. The wife is the only one that probably honestly feels it, and she's the one who will basically suffer the most for it. Even in this latest update, the MC lies repeatedly to her. I honestly can't help but feel sorry for the women in this story at times, because they deserve better than the MC. I still enjoy the game. But it's kind of a love/hate relationship.
Yeah the MC is a self-centered jerk, but I think he believes he is actually being "good".
Doesn't excuse his taking advantage of the situation.

Reactions: Corambis and fried

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017

And, there *is* an arc where the MC declines: the husband route. He eventually becomes all about Emily in that path and is considerate throughout of Sofi, but near the end of the storyline she starts to wonder if her inclination is actually bisexual, then further implies she's getting feelings for him (of some type - not necessarily just romantic, given the context) and explicitly offers to "help" the MC with stress he's feeling. She wants to trade her situation for a better one and she is feeling attracted to him, as well. It's obviously confusing for her and a sensitive situation for both of them. In this path, he softly turns her down and focuses even more intently on Emily to the end.

Let's keep in mind that the current paths open are Harem and The Forbidden One (i.e., Ada): the Harem includes EVERYBODY and thus far both Sofi and the MC have expressed sexual things with each other for different reasons at different times, but it's obvious that her past abuse has led her to perform at least some habitual sex with her new "caretaker" as part of it. The story gradually tries to show that she's growing feelings beyond what she'd felt all those years of abuse ... and then she gets panic attacks when it appears the MC might not be there to support her. So, another mixed bag, of course: it's not like she's instantly cured, but is damaged and vulnerable. Neither of them realized the extent of it until that phone call in v0.12, though. I think the MC wasn't aware just how deep it went, as he couldn't get his head around her analysis at first: it may be that in the HAREM path, he believed her sincere expressions of feelings for him beyond the past abuse more than he should have.

Overall, both of them have openly talked about having sex involving her as being for the wrong reasons, i.e., because of the obvious abuse which has affected her view of what it means - being a tool of gaining her submission, etc. - and recognized there is an obvious power difference between them, which they've brought up (however briefly) more than once. Each time, Sofi sincerely explains that what she is feeling comes from her heart, but we all know that - while it may be true, in part - it's also her abusive past and clinging to her new saviour figure that's in the mix. Another complex situation and it always will be when there is an imbalance of power/authority between people who might have sex together.

So, we should recognize that they had sexual contact at first purely out of her servicing her new caretaker, but Luxee then tried to show she has also been developing some feelings for him along the way. How much of that is from an attraction between them vs the huge elephant in the room of their power imbalance? Since Sofi made it known she is now dependent on the MC for her well-being (in the foreseeable future), Luxee has a chance to explore this topic distinctly. Which is also related to why I feel we should learn more about Sofi before the game is done.

And, something else to note is it's cool Luxee can effectively bring up all these facets about character personalities, blatant and subtle - it's what endeared me to the first installment of Apartment 69.

EDIT: fixed lots of errors and poor wordings

Last edited:

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah the MC is a self-centered jerk, but I think he believes he is actually being "good".
Doesn't excuse his taking advantage of the situation.
Yeah, part of the issue for me is his lack of self-awareness or more than passing guilt.

And, there *is* an arc where the MC declines: the husband route. He eventually becomes all about Emily in that path and is considerate throughout of Sofi, but near the end the storyline has her admitting she's starting to wonder if her inclination is actually bisexual, then she further implies she's getting feelings for him (of some type - not necessarily just romantic, given the context) and explicitly offers to help the MC with stress he's feeling. She wants to trade her situation for a better one and she is feeling attracted to him, as well. It's obviously confusing for her and a sensitive situation for both of them. In this path, he softly turns her down and focuses even more intently on Emily to the end.

Let's keep in mind that the current paths open are Harem and The Forbidden One (i.e., Ada): the Harem includes EVERYBODY and thus far both Sofi and the MC have expressed sexual things with each other for different reasons at different times, but it's obvious that her past abuse has lead her to perform at least some habitual sex with her new "caretaker" ss part of it. The story gradually tries to show that she's growing feelings beyond what she'd felt all those years of abuse before and then she gets panic attacks when it appears the MC might not be there to support her. So, another mixed bag, of course: it's not like she's instantly cured, but is damaged and vulnerable. Neither of them realized the extent of it until that phone call in v0.12, though. I think the MC wasn't aware just how deep it went, he couldn't get his head around her analysis at first: it may be that in the HAREM path he believed her sincere expressions of feelings for him beyond the past abuse more than he should have.

Overall, both of them have openly talked about having sex involving her as being for the wrong reasons, i.e., because of the obvious abuse whichi has affected her view of what it means (i.e., an abusive and submissive tool, etc.) and recognized there is an obvious power difference between them - they've done that more than once. Each time, Sofi sincerely explains that waht she is feeling comes from her heart, but we all know that - while that may be true in part - it's also her abusive past and clinging to her new saviour figure that's in the mix, as well. Another complex situation and it always will be when there is an imbalance of power/authority between people who might have sex together.

So, we should recognize that they had sexual contact at first purely out of her servicing her new caretaker, but Luxee then tried to show she has also been developing some feelings for him along the way. How much of that is from an attraction between them vs the huge elephant in the room of their power imbalance? Since Sofi made it known she is now dependent on the MC for her well-being (in the foreseeable future), Luxee has a chance to explore this topic distinctly. Which is also related to why I feel we should learn more about Sofi before the game is done.

And, something else to note is it's cool Luxee can effectively bring up all these facets about character personalities, blatant and subtle - it's what endeared me to the first installment of Apartment 69.
Luxee has done a fantastic job of bringing the female characters to life, particularly Elly, Ada, and Sofi, and their obvious devotion for various reasons is tremendously moving. Sofi's story is still wide open at this point, and I have hopes that it will be handled with some delicacy and maturity on the MC's part. But it would be weird if the MC ended up being more careful with Sofi than with his own daughters.

I also just came up with my own fan theory for this story. It's all a drug-overdose induced dream of the MC, whose life and drug abuse spiraled out of control after his wife kicked him out. His success as a businessman and his reunification with his wife and daughters is all part of a fantasy that gets progressively more out-of-control the closer he gets to death. I mean, this would be a really awful way for the story to end, with one shot of the MC surrounded by his harem fading into the next of him in some abandoned building with a needle in his arm. But dark fan theories are kind of the thing now for movies and tv shows.

Reactions: unknown78 and fried

Logan84

Dec 20, 2017
Just started the game and when I hit "go talk to Ada" i get "CENSORED" and then I get 2 options, join Emily and spy on Elly. What's up with that?

4.20 star(s) 214 Votes