Patching Ren'Py for Android

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I mainly run my games on my Win10 system, but I'll occasionally want to play on my Android tablet.

I've created a few cheat patches for people that have asked, which is really simple for Windows.

But I'm not sure where to start when it comes to my tablet, since a lot of the file system appears hidden. Does anyone have any experience patching Ren'Py games for Android? Is it even possible?

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I mainly run my games on my Win10 system, but I'll occasionally want to play on my Android tablet.

I've created a few cheat patches for people that have asked, which is really simple for Windows.

But I'm not sure where to start when it comes to my tablet, since a lot of the file system appears hidden. Does anyone have any experience patching Ren'Py games for Android? Is it even possible?
Modify the game apk directly in Win10. All you have to do is decompile the game with a software like " " and once the modifications have been made in the apk, recompile it all. It's better to do it this way because anyway if you create an apk modded it will not work without first modifying the apk of the game.
Modifications data app generally need to be rooted, so it is better to modify the apk of the game and the reupload will be easier for a cheater.

Last edited: