Patreon and Subscribestar alternatives

Greiya Archives

first rate degenerate
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2022
I wanna ask if anyone knows good alternatives to patreon and subscribestar (for adult content, of course).

Patreon has ridiculous and completely arbitrary policies regarding adult content. Anything they deem to be a "fringe fetish", with no written standards as to what constitutes that, isn't allowed. + depicting nonconsensual sexual acts, even in artwork / illustrations, is prohibited (cause, apparently, glorifying 'sexual violence', whatever the fuck that means).

Subscribestar has horrible support. My profile has been under review for a month, with 2 expedite emails and no response.
I've read many complaints about them having literally no customer support whatsoever, despite having problems like users sometimes being charged twice for a subscription,

itch.io is based in US, and so has a 30% US withholding tax on creators from outside US. That's a 30% income tax, to US government, on non-US residents or citizens. this is also called savagery.

Pixiv fanbox, aside from having a policy about censoring "anything resembling human genitalia" cause they're based in Japan, also only has the option of paypal for payouts to non-japan residents. Meaning, if you ger banned from paypal, you have no way to accept payouts, unless you move to Japan and open a bank account there, which is kinda inconvenient.

So, does anyone have suggestions on alternative platforms for nsfw creators that don't have horrible policies or drawbacks and/or unstable payout options?

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
There is fancentro.com they seem to be a good alternative. I used to have an account with them and they have a pretty open-minded policy on what they allow. But like many others have said before. Patreon is so popular because they have so many people that already have an account with them, if you get a Patreon account with your game, then it is almost a guarantee you will get subscribers.

I googled adult subscription platforms and found that there are at least 17 different ones you can try out now.

Reactions: BeelzeRog