patreon value

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
I recently created a patreon page ( ), using the payment method in €.
I later found out that customers on patreon can't pay in $. (Maybe they can pay, but they will have to spend a sum on the change).

I ask who has experience with patreon, do you think like me that the currency in € creates "distrust" for customers? Or is it better to leave in €?

If I delete and create another page in $, then when I withdraw the income I can change them in €, in what way?

I asked patreon, but I know it will take them a long time to answer me.

Reactions: Flower34234

215303j

No idea of Patreon but if you change it to USD, then the conversion risk is completely for you.

Meaning that if you have e.g. $1000 / month total Patreon income, then one month you'll get E900, the next E800 and the next E1050, depending on the E/$ course. Whether you can take this risk, is up to you.

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
No idea of Patreon but if you change it to USD, then the conversion risk is completely for you.

Meaning that if you have e.g. $1000 / month total Patreon income, then one month you'll get E900, the next E800 and the next E1050, depending on the E/$ course. Whether you can take this risk, is up to you.
unfortunately on patreon on a euro page you have no way to pay in dollars. they wrote that a future will be, but I think far.
I think few people would be willing to finance me in euros.

Reactions: Flower34234

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
If your patrons (current and upcoming) are mostly from Europe then it maybe more logical to use Euro. But if most of your patrons are from US and other countries outside Europe then they may prefer to pay with dollar more and this may drop your possible future patron numbers. It's just my opinion though, nothing for sure.