Patreon without credit card

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
So, as of now, is there any way to use Patreon without supplying credit card information? I do have a Paypal account, but I've read somewhere that even with that you still need to give your credit card information to Patreon. Is that right?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Patreon just uses your credit card via paypal if it uses it at all, Ive never given my credit card to patreon. From memory you don't need to have a paypal to use paypal, paypal still processes your credit card in that case.

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Patreon just uses your credit card via paypal if it uses it at all, Ive never given my credit card to patreon. From memory you don't need to have a paypal to use paypal, paypal still processes your credit card in that case.
OFf topic :

About my Models.
All the characters in my game/novel (can I call it a govel??) are made custom by me, the morphs, skins and shaders. It is not done in any professional arty way but in a way to make them different from any other model getting a round. The all have names and personalities and can not be reproduced by anyone, including me as I have forgotten.

I have read that on your patreon, best ever!!! .... and can not be reproduced by anyone, including me as I have forgotten.

:)) :) :))

Wol

Aug 30, 2016
Yes there is a roundabout way to do it.
1) Make a second paypal account.
2) you need to buy at least one Prepaid credit card, two if you want it to be completely untraceable.
3) On account (A) Input either your credit/Bank account information or Prepaid Debit card (a) and transfer money to Paypal account (B)
4) On account (B) input either prepaid debit card (A) or (B) depending on which method you used in step (3).
5) set account (B) as your preferred payment method on Patreon.
6) Profit
P.S.A
It definitely should be noted that this method is more expensive than just straight up using your debit card. Since a prepaid card costs about 5-6$ based on which one it is, which in addition to Paypal's fees means you will be paying more money. So if you plan on doing this long term it's cheaper to buy a prepaid with more money on it since the fee for activation is the same.

Reactions: Singaia

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
Thank you all for the answers!

Yes there is a roundabout way to do it.
I've never used prepaid credit cards before, but I read somewhere that simply buying a prepaid credit card for your Paypal account and then using this one account on Patreon would be enough to do the trick. Wouldn't that work?

Wol

Aug 30, 2016
Thank you all for the answers!

I've never used prepaid credit cards before, but I read somewhere that simply buying a prepaid credit card for your Paypal account and then using this one account on Patreon would be enough to do the trick. Wouldn't that work?
Nope, Because Prepaids can't be used for subscription based services directly, you could probably get away with using Account (A) to transfer most or all of the money on the prepaid to Account (B), erase said card's information from account (A), then enter it into account (B) to use as a the necessary buffer.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
I use PayPal and don't have a Creditcard. You can just use your Bankaccount.