Paying games on Steam Deck

Bloodyjar

Jun 26, 2020
Just got my Steam Deck and was looking around how to download some games for late night fap sessions.

So I found out that Desktop mode allows you to download files and the Steam Deck has it's own apps to help with playing .exe files and extracting from Rar and 7zip files. The apps I'm using to run .exe is Wine and I use Peazip to extract folders.

So far only ran into 2 games that just wouldn't run but everything else runs perfectly. Gonna try ai shoujo later

Hope this helps!

glve

Sep 1, 2018
Take note that SteamOS is running on Arch Linux, so it is kinda natively prepared for all games that are released for Linux. Windows ones - plenty of them will run via Proton emulation probably, but you still need to consider that lots of games like AiShoujo have a complicated controls that needs a mouse. You can ofc add the game as a non-Steam title, and try to go nuts with all the possibilities that are available in controller config, but it might be tricky :)

fpw5

May 17, 2018
Does anyone know how to play rpg maker games on the Steam Deck. I'm new to Linux and I'm not having a lot of luck.

Kebabnosh

Nov 3, 2018
Does anyone know how to play rpg maker games on the Steam Deck. I'm new to Linux and I'm not having a lot of luck.
I add them to steam in desktop then in steam before you launch the game go to property's and compatability. Then check the compatability box. You can add most .exe's that way.

Blite

May 21, 2018
So am trying to run Legend of Queen Opala by adding to steam as a non-steam game and then force compatibility. It runs the window that it originally plays on but the main game doesn't run. Missing either a step somewhere.

Reactions: thesouthernray

Brw153

Apr 15, 2020
So am trying to run Legend of Queen Opala by adding to steam as a non-steam game and then force compatibility. It runs the window that it originally plays on but the main game doesn't run. Missing either a step somewhere.
Any progress on this issue?

Blite

May 21, 2018
Any progress on this issue?
Unfortunately no. At first I thought i just needed the "RPG Maker VX Ace" that some rpgm games needed to run but no joy. Can't be a regional language issue since it's not a native japanese game since it's not from DLsite. Still roaming the net for somebody who has gotten it to run. I've had success running other RPGM games though such as Lisa, Treasure of Nadia, Lust Epidemic, and Manila Shaw.

batboyshark

Apr 21, 2020
I add them to steam in desktop then in steam before you launch the game go to property's and compatability. Then check the compatability box. You can add most .exe's that way.
im super late but how you add to steam? i tried it however the .exe file was invisible and icouldnt select it

AZAUIO

Apr 23, 2021
im super late but how you add to steam? i tried it however the .exe file was invisible and icouldnt select it
Open steam in desktop mode, click the "+" in the lower left corner, select the first one, and select all files in the dialog box. I do this. You can try

Kebabnosh

Nov 3, 2018
Open steam in desktop mode, click the "+" in the lower left corner, select the first one, and select all files in the dialog box. I do this. You can try
You can also Right click the game.exe and in the context menu select "add to steam".

Living Doll

Oct 24, 2023
I am trying to get Violated Princess to work on steam deck and there is not much information about it. I assume the game is an RPG maker type therefore I must get RPG maker and use it as a springboard to launch the game. I mean the info to install and run Violated Heroine is the same.

Sgt028

Dec 17, 2020
I know it's been a while since this post... But I'm new to Steam Deck and Linux, I'm trying to play Urban Demons, but the game insists on having RPG Maker VX Ace, but I couldn't install VX Ace on the Deck. Would anyone know how to help me with this? I will be very grateful