PBR shader with NVG8.1

Aug 6, 2016
I rendered a test image with the new PBR shader loaded onto a genesis 8.1 female. And I have to say, it looks amazing. Really nice. However there is no support for PBR shaders with the New Victoria Gensis 8 Female genetalia. Is there a way to add support for it in that genetail prop.

AnonymousStudios

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2020
Was having some trouble doing this myself, you'd just do it all like normal but when you apply the change it should look like the NVG8 is messed up. Apply the PBR shader and activate the Translucency which then will open the SSS and Transmision. Enable those two then do material copy again, should work.

Reactions: Deleted member 487

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'm not really sure, but doesn't NGV8 use cutout opacity? If so it won't work properly with the pbr skin since it doesn't use cutout opacity.

Reactions: Shadow Fiend

AnonymousStudios

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2020
I'm not really sure, but doesn't NGV8 use cutout opacity? If so it won't work properly with the pbr skin since it doesn't use cutout opacity.
Don't believe so, I just applied the PBR skin to the gen itself not the shell and went through and did the same things I'd do for the skin.