VN Ren'Py PDS Dirty Snowball [Development Thread]

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
PDS DS Banner 01.png

Greetings, programs! I'm in F95Zone as Dragon59. For the last year or so, I've been throwing around a number of AVN stories in my head. My "problem" was that most of my ideas expanding to epic proportions. I knew if I wanted to avoid the common new developer trap of going back to early chapters to bring them inline with newer designs, I had to start small with a few stand alone stories. The first of these stories is Dirty Snowball.

About Dirty Snowball
DS Promo Pic 01 Scadi.png
The story centers on the ICS Skadi, a freighter ship registered with the Isa Corporation. The ship usually handles ice hauling business from Saturn to the Asteroid Belt. The crew is mostly made up of people who have lived in the Asteroid Belt for generations.

As they are approaching the orbit of Jupiter, they make a surprising discovery.
DS Promo Pic 02 Scadi Jupiter.png
They find evidence of a pristine comet that has entered the Solar System. This is an extraordinary opportunity to fill their holds and get back to Ceres in less than half the time. This endeavor will ultimately test the crew, challenging them in a difficult situation.

Since I wanted the Skadi to be an interplanetary, intrasolar ship, it was difficult to find the right models. I needed a "vertical" oriented ship instead of the common horizontal layout that requires artificial gravity to make sense. I found one asset that had that orientation, and with the help of four other assets, the Skadi was built.

Now that I have the Skaldi largely done, I need to add personal touches like paint and wear, I am back to creating the crew. The picture above is based on the standards of The Expanse for Belter physiology. I will need to decide whether to keep the 2-2.5 meter height or tone it down a little. I need to found out the logic that "James S. A. Corey" used in creating their Belters.

DS Fourth Group Belter Test 01.png
(A work in progress transforming "Earther" assets into Belter assets)

I realize that skinny arms and legs with standard hips is an acquired aesthetic, but I do want to differentiate the various groups of humans in an interplanetary society.

I'll be adding the official genre tags soon, but most obvious is 3DCG, Thriller & Sci-Fi. Zero-G sex will be expected as well as vaginal, oral, group and lesbian. I am considering having both male and female MC options. Players will have a number of choices to make during the progress.

Even though Dirty Snowball is a stand-alone story, I hope to do a number of stories in this universe I'm creating.

I have a number of other ideas to tap into as time goes on.

• It's Complicated: A contemporary story centered in a polyamorous community (with potential overlap into Swinging and Kink communities).
  • League of Adventurers: A Steampunk story following the career of the MC through her (his?) apprenticeship, journeyman, and master statuses.
  • You Don't Own Me: A spin-off of It's Complicated, following the adventures of a self-identified "Unicorn," a bisexual woman who enjoys playing with couples.
  • "Star Academy:" A story of a starship academy in an interstellar, multi-species society. I'm leaning toward a bit of a Lower Decks vibe.
  • Magic Pixie Dream Catgirl: The title says a lot. Inspired by some of the aspects of the Victoria 9 asset. Not sure if this will be contemporary or future setting.
  • Butterfly Wings--Quantum Shag: A time travel story, where the decisions the MC makes in the past will affect his present world. This will probably be my most ambitions project.
  • "Urban Fantasy Story:" Something I'd be interested in, perhaps set in a magical university
  • More stories in the interplanetary universe, such as a science ship in the atmosphere of a gas giant, and other ideas I'm fermenting.
I have ADHD, obviously.

Scooter_Tramp

Dec 23, 2022
If the Dirty Snowball has yellow streaks in it, DON'T lick it! [Unless of course, that is your fetish...] {Chances are it's dog pee though rather than from a mucho caliente feminina!} :p

Mind you this could be a sequel to 2 girls & a cup... of chocolate shaved ice... (snigger, snigger)

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If the Dirty Snowball has yellow streaks in it, DON'T lick it! [Unless of course, that is your fetish...] {Chances are it's dog pee though rather than from a mucho caliente feminina!} :p

Mind you this could be a sequel to 2 girls & a cup... of chocolate shaved ice... (snigger, snigger)
Yeah, it does sound a little naughty (suggests something done after an anal creampie). Dirty snowball is just one term used to describe comets. Mostly ice, but some dust and rocks and other stuff in it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I respectfully request a progress update!
Update.
Dirty Snowball is currently on a back burner while I concentrate on a contemporary game, Enchanted Night in France, which is a short story based upon a specific kink of a member's that shows up at the very end. It only covers one night (I'm trying to fight extending it early in the day, earlier in the weekend). It's about a couple in Paris.

Both projects are hindered by a glitch in my new 4090 computer. The display will randomly freeze up after 14 hours or after 30 seconds. I'm preparing to ship that unit back to the company that built it. It sounds like the same problem Killer7 has been having with his new machine.

The script for the first installment of Dirty Snowball is done. I'm just waiting on my rendering machine to get it all together.

I'm just glad that I'm having these problems BEFORE I actually publish something. I'll render some of what I have (on the new machine) on ENF and post them here.

I'm very frustrated. I've been unloading and reloading drivers. I've even reinstalled Win 11, but it still freezes. I should have been done with ENF by now and working on DS again.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Aww, that sucks to hear, those sort of troubles are so distracting and energy sapping.

Looking forward to seeing what becomes of the game about the energetic naive friend.

Reactions: Dragon59