Daz Pelvis bulge when bending thighs

swiggityswag420

Nov 1, 2018
I'm getting a weird visual bug with the pelvis when moving legs in Daz 4.20. This only happens with G8F anf g8.1F, and its only the 'Bend' slider on the thighs, no other movements on other body parts does this. I tried updating to the latest version (4.20) and it didn't fix it. I am still somewhat new to the software, so any help would be appreciated!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I would say you have other problems than just the pelvis area there.

Base female with only thigh bend applied:

Look at the muscles in the leg, the knee etc.

My first guess would be you have morphs applied to your character.

Try selecting the character and check currently used in parameters. The little gadget above the parameters tab lets you select to also see hidden properties.

swiggityswag420

Nov 1, 2018
I would say you have other problems than just the pelvis area there.

Base female with only thigh bend applied:

Look at the muscles in the leg, the knee etc.

My first guess would be you have morphs applied to your character.

Try selecting the character and check currently used in parameters. The little gadget above the parameters tab lets you select to also see hidden properties.
There are no parameters in use, this was a freshly created base model.

I do have a bit of a strange setup, i have the DAZ install and my content folders synced between my desktop and laptop. On my desktop it looks fine no issues, but the laptop is where i'm having the issue. In theory the files should all be the same but i know some stuff could get corrupted when syncing. Is there some log file or something i can check for errors? Also it used to work fine on my laptop, this just recently happened. I don't know if some content i added caused it or what because i mostly use my desktop.

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
No idea what might be causing that problem but there's a log in the Help menu.

Help>Troubleshooting>View log file...

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
More likely you installed crappy hidden morphs that comes either from a model or from 'alternate' binding morphs.

Go into parameter tab and tick "show hidden properties"

DAZStudio_TbZoTleFMB.png

You can now see all hidden morphs used. Now you need to find which one(s) causing this.
Once you find one, you can have a hint of which product causing this by clicking on parameter setting of said morph and looking at the file path.

It's an exemple :

3pn6mVBwWY.png

swiggityswag420

Nov 1, 2018
More likely you installed crappy hidden morphs that comes either from a model or from 'alternate' binding morphs.

Go into parameter tab and tick "show hidden properties"

View attachment 1722006

You can now see all hidden morphs used. Now you need to find which one(s) causing this.
Once you find one, you can have a hint of which product causing this by clicking on parameter setting of said morph and looking at the file path.

It's an exemple :

View attachment 1722070
THANK YOU!!! Turns out it was this morph which i don't remember downloading... maybe it was included in some bundle? Also it's odd that it only affected my laptop and not desktop.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
THANK YOU!!! Turns out it was this morph which i don't remember downloading... maybe it was included in some bundle? Also it's odd that it only affected my laptop and not desktop.
I guess you didn't read my very first reply very thoroughly #offended ;)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
That "big girl" morph has been the cause of at least half a dozen similar "help my character looks weird" threads I've read over the last few years. Truly, it is herpes.