People can see what you're looking at

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I had no clue about it until I actually looked in the privacy settings.
Well, isn't configuring your account, and therefore looking at the privacy settings, the first thing one should do ?
Personally I kind of remember that I probably turned it off not so long ago. But it was more to have some peace than for privacy.

But, this being said, what do you fear anyway ? That people will know that you are a pervert ? Welcome in board, we are all perverts here. And, sorry if it feel harsh, but I'm pretty sure that nobody care to know what you were last looking.
I mean, it's not like we get a notification each time a member is looking at something. One first need to be looking at you to know that. So, unless you've a stalker, on or off will not really make a difference.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
There's an account privacy setting which lets people see what you're viewing, which is on by default for some reason. I had no clue about it until I actually looked in the privacy settings.
View attachment 1951738
That only applies to those visiting F95zone. If you have those off, you're still "offline" to me and I won't see the green dot on your avatar that means you're online. And if I click on your avatar or profile, it won't say that are you are online even if you are logged in. The "current activity" part is the page you just visited or are visiting on the site.

If I leave those checked - While visiting this site, you'll see a green dot on my avatar and if you click on it, it'll say I'm online and if I'm reading a thread in off-topic, it'll say I'm visiting that thread.
If I uncheck those - While you're on the site, you won't know I'm also there or where I'm at. In other words, you won't catch me.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Let me tell you a "secret" OP, literally every website, browser, platform have most if not all privacy options disabled by default...

If you care about privacy that's the the first thing you have to check when opening anything.