Perspective vs Camera

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
I had this question in my throat for a long time. WTH DS changes the character shape with camera frame width / focal length vs the perspective view?

02.jpg 01.jpg

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
When you change the frame width, or focal length, you're basically distorting the field of view, this means that the picture the camera "catches" will be stretched, or clinched, depending on the value you set. This is actually how real cameras work (to a degree).
The viewport isn't affected by this because it's not a camera.

Reactions: Jackboo1

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
When you change the frame width, or focal length, you're basically distorting the field of view, this means that the picture the camera "catches" will be stretched, or clinched, depending on the value you set. This is actually how real cameras work (to a degree).
The viewport isn't affected by this because it's not a camera.
Yeah. I think the Perspective view is f trash in daz, and only usable because the camera steal your fps navigating the scene.

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
I had this question in my throat for a long time. WTH DS changes the character shape with camera frame width / focal length vs the perspective view?
DS is pretty good when it comes to actually replicating what actual camera lenses would do. Here's a pretty good explanation behind what's going on along with image examples: