3D-Daz Fan Art Perverted Education Fan Art

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
I figured I'd create a fan art thread for Perverted Education .

It's an HTML game (with mostly stock 2D images) that I wanted to see if I could mess around with it in Ren'Py and Daz Studio.
I have no idea if I'll stick with this project or ever actually get a playable Ren'Py remake done... for now, I'm just screwing around for my own amusement.

In the game thread, moonhead posted his work on an avatar mod using Honey Select (which is pretty cool), and vimmers mentioned that he wasn't a fan of Honey Select.
So I fired up Daz to see what I could come up with. Originally with the idea of maybe using Daz to create an avatar mod of my own. Although I have decades of HTML/javascript programming experience, for a game/VN like this, it seemed to me that Ren'Py would be a better choice - much easier to develop, and a better user experience.

Here was my first concept for a possible avatar mod:
avcomp.jpg

After that, I started tweaking the MC, and testing in Ren'Py:
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 9.23.20 AM.png

I'll use this thread to post concept images/renders, but if you have any of your own fan art that you've created for the game feel free to post it here.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
Nice work, I love the idea of a remake in Renpy with Daz renders, really hoping this will get somewhere, but I appreciate it's a LOT of work to render out all the scenes and characters from a game that's already been made!

As mentioned, I did create an alternate avatar for PE, using Honey Select, which attracted some... feedback. Most of the people were quite positive and encouraging, I think people were excited to see something new and different in this game (much the same as I am with a RenPy remake). However some feedback was that Honey Select wasn't a real 3D tool, and it should be done using Daz3D or Blender.

That in mind, and after seeing some of the renders above, I did set out to try and build out a similar avatar to what was done in Honey Select, in Daz3D.

I took a different artistic approach to Ashenthorn, with my MC looking considerably more "boyish". Here's a few renders and some examples of this "boy" wearing various outfits.

Boy Clothes Example.png
Normal boy, a little hairy, normal size penis, normal boy clothes. You don't last long like this in PE. :D

Girl Clothes Example as boy.png
Here we are again, normal boy, wearing girls clothes. Plus after MC has had some penis size adjustment, caging and shaving.

The overall intent here is to show how MC looks as a boy, as we've all seen plenty of renders of girls in Daz3D, we know what they end up looking like. Think of it as the check yourself scene, when you're described as "Overall you look like a boy wearing girls clothes".

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It's been a while since I've played PE, but it's written in first person, correct?

You'd be saving yourself a metric fuckload of work by having the scenes in a first person POV and only using the clothing changes for the closet/morning/changing scenes. Perhaps have a menu or mirror type-area where the player can see what the MC looks like at that moment or have the MC in the shots for stripping scenes with the teacher, etc. Just a thought. Good luck, pretty interested to see what comes out of this.

Reactions: Ashenthorn

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
It's been a while since I've played PE, but it's written in first person, correct?

You'd be saving yourself a metric fuckload of work by having the scenes in a first person POV and only using the clothing changes for the closet/morning/changing scenes. Perhaps have a menu or mirror type-area where the player can see what the MC looks like at that moment or have the MC in the shots for stripping scenes with the teacher, etc. Just a thought. Good luck, pretty interested to see what comes out of this.

It is in first person, and having the scenes rendered in first person would certainly make sense and solve the clothing problem, still a hella lotta scenes, but at least they only need to be rendered once.

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
Would you have different models for Emma being your babysitter or mother?
I spose it could be done pretty easily since it's not really dialogue dependent... double the renders though, so if I mess with it, it would probly be at a later stage. Same could be done with coach, bully, and friend.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
GUI testing and dynamic layered images and sprites with expressions.
Side images automatic based on which side of the screen the speaker is on.
Added character naming for mc, guardian, and friend.
Very nice! How's the port coming overall? Are you able to get the logic flow/scenes sorted?

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
Very nice! How's the port coming overall? Are you able to get the logic flow/scenes sorted?
Spent too much time away from this..
Jumped back in and end up spending more time with the characters/rendering than the code. lol.
Figuring out the automatic layered images/sprites thing was a HUGE deal.

As far as the code, I still believe the whole thing is perfectly suited for a fairly easy Ren'Py conversion. Scenes/choices, etc are pretty straightforward.

So far I've got:
Game start (name chars)
Intro
Bedroom w/choices:
Breakfast (peek or don't)
Go to school (talk to girls)
Go to Therapist
Visit Friend

For the bedroom, I wanna have an image map:
Click door to go to hallway (bathroom door, kitchen)
Click closet door for wardrobe
Click desk to access computer
Click bed to sleep
You know, all the basic VN stuff.

I've set up a BG/CG gallery on the main menu that automatically unlocks scenes as you've seen them.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
Spent too much time away from this..
Jumped back in and end up spending more time with the characters/rendering than the code. lol.
Figuring out the automatic layered images/sprites thing was a HUGE deal.

As far as the code, I still believe the whole thing is perfectly suited for a fairly easy Ren'Py conversion. Scenes/choices, etc are pretty straightforward.

So far I've got:
Game start (name chars)
Intro
Bedroom w/choices:
Breakfast (peek or don't)
Go to school (talk to girls)
Go to Therapist
Visit Friend

For the bedroom, I wanna have an image map:
Click door to go to hallway (bathroom door, kitchen)
Click closet door for wardrobe
Click desk to access computer
Click bed to sleep
You know, all the basic VN stuff.

I've set up a BG/CG gallery on the main menu that automatically unlocks scenes as you've seen them.

Nice one. I think a lot of the code complexity that exists within PE is the passages that would be best to be entirely re-worked when porting to RenPy. Things like the start of day logic, wardrobe logic, various code to handle displaying things, travel logic and the travel prompt, the mall. Those are all very complex, but mainly because they're trying to do things that are not straight forward to do in Sugarcube.

If you're interested in building this out further and want some help, please reach out I might be able to help here if you are interested.

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
Nice one. I think a lot of the code complexity that exists within PE is the passages that would be best to be entirely re-worked when porting to RenPy. Things like the start of day logic, wardrobe logic, various code to handle displaying things, travel logic and the travel prompt, the mall. Those are all very complex, but mainly because they're trying to do things that are not straight forward to do in Sugarcube.
I think you may be right about being complex for Sugarcube, but it's all mostly standard built in stuff for Ren'Py.
Especially the travel stuff (show a menu, jump to scene - and there really aren't that many locations). btw, I WILL be moving the beauty salon to the mall. lol.

The wardrobe stuff will be fairly tricky.. but there are a some Ren'Py solutions that can be adapted. I'm looking at a few that might be workable.

If you're interested in building this out further and want some help, please reach out I might be able to help here if you are interested.
Thanks... I'll let you know if I get stuck.(y)

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
The wardrobe stuff will be fairly tricky.. but there are a some Ren'Py solutions that can be adapted. I'm looking at a few that might be workable.
The wardrobe itself it fairly basic and commonly used, the trickier part (which I was involved in a lot of the complexities in creating... sigh) is with clothing in general, with a lot of options available (which is what really made the game for me) and lots of stats for each item of clothing to track, and then how that interacts with the story and dialog. Are you wearing a bra, is it matching with your panties, do you have enough "daring" to wear it, enough to wear it outside, is it suitable for school uniform, is it "sexy", when people see it, do they comment or not care. It was/is a whole system to itself tracking all that.