3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
You leave them up, because someone might want to play what's here, and see what others have written. There's no charter on this site to curate games and remove ones that aren't being developed anymore.

If you think there should be, the correct place to suggest that is the Features Request forum: https://f95zone.to/forums/features-request.13/
Nah i think it should stay up. That way someone with care and talent can take it and work on it. Maybe even make it their own. Sadly Minx is still being payed for this while i don't know what's she's doing. But i do feel everyone who have been giving money towards this should get something in return.

Or maybe i'm being too harsh and life is kicking her in the backside. But if so, why not tell the people what's going on?
I just wish there was some kind of respect system in place here. Most talented Devs here run the people through the ringer
and give small updates like DarkCookie does to keep the fans there. Other's fall off the face of the earth and don't think the people need to be told what's happening.

But thanks for the kind words and banter. You have a lovely day.

Reactions: fox92
Dec 15, 2017
Nah i think it should stay up. That way someone with care and talent can take it and work on it. Maybe even make it their own. Sadly Minx is still being payed for this while i don't know what's she's doing. But i do feel everyone who have been giving money towards this should get something in return.

Or maybe i'm being too harsh and life is kicking her in the backside. But if so, why not tell the people what's going on?
I just wish there was some kind of respect system in place here. Most talented Devs here run the people through the ringer
and give small updates like DarkCookie does to keep the fans there. Other's fall off the face of the earth and don't think the people need to be told what's happening.

But thanks for the kind words and banter. You have a lovely day.
I see this as a two part problem. The first is the Dev herself not pausing payments for the last 11 months, especially when the excuses started coming into play on why updates were not coming. Also, not communicating properly is on the Dev. All of these actions, or lack thereof, are a dick move on her part. I get life can kick you in the ass, but that's when you take responsibility and properly manage your project (i.e.- pause payments until you can continue the project). If you don't, then that is when people start saying you are just milking your supporters for money, and they are not wrong.

The second problem is the people who keep supporting the Dev through all the excuses and missed deadlines. I get it's their money and they can do what they want with it, but you can't really complain about being milked for money if you are allowing the milking to happen. I fell into this trap with DC, but finally wizened up to what was happening and stopped my support. Don't get me wrong, SS is an amazing game, but that development team is just unmotivated. But, people are still giving them over 50K a month, and the only ones they really can blame are themselves, because they keep supporting the project. I have seen this with other Devs on Patreon, ones that are much worse offenders than DC, because at least DC and team are providing updates to their game.

So yeah, if you are unhappy when a Dev does not hold their end of the bargain, stop supporting them. And to the Devs, if you want to keep said support, be responsible for your projects, regardless of what life throws at you. I mean it's as simple as that.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I see this as a two part problem. The first is the Dev herself not pausing payments for the last 11 months, especially when the excuses started coming into play on why updates were not coming. Also, not communicating properly is on the Dev. All of these actions, or lack thereof, are a dick move on her part. I get life can kick you in the ass, but that's when you take responsibility and properly manage your project (i.e.- pause payments until you can continue the project). If you don't, then that is when people start saying you are just milking your supporters for money, and they are not wrong.

The second problem is the people who keep supporting the Dev through all the excuses and missed deadlines. I get it's their money and they can do what they want with it, but you can't really complain about being milked for money if you are allowing the milking to happen. I fell into this trap with DC, but finally wizened up to what was happening and stopped my support. Don't get me wrong, SS is an amazing game, but that development team is just unmotivated. But, people are still giving them over 50K a month, and the only ones they really can blame are themselves, because they keep supporting the project. I have seen this with other Devs on Patreon, ones that are much worse offenders than DC, because at least DC and team are providing updates to their game.

So yeah, if you are unhappy when a Dev does not hold their end of the bargain, stop supporting them. And to the Devs, if you want to keep said support, be responsible for your projects, regardless of what life throws at you. I mean it's as simple as that.
So true. Shame that the ones with talent do it. I did like Dark Cookie. But he's someone who can't be trusted. I think Patron should ban devs that have a record of milking or dishonesty.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
See the issue is outside of being a fan of the game, it's hard for Patreon understand/to say "Yes, milking." especially for games because they do take time. But with the previous mention of pausing Patreon; Minxy was told exactly how to do it, in this very thread and replied to that post acknowledging the fact she knew how to do it.

Issue is Minxy burned her book by saying what's holding back the update. Even if it's legit, which I'm sure it very well is that she is saying "Hey, RL." people, I'd expect even on Patreon will say; "Bullshit, I'm done." on top of this, we are nearly reaching the same exam season that put Minxy on hiatus in the first place.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
See the issue is outside of being a fan of the game, it's hard for Patreon understand/to say "Yes, milking." especially for games because they do take time. But with the previous mention of pausing Patreon; Minxy was told exactly how to do it, in this very thread and replied to that post acknowledging the fact she knew how to do it.

Issue is Minxy burned her book by saying what's holding back the update. Even if it's legit, which I'm sure it very well is that she is saying "Hey, RL." people, I'd expect even on Patreon will say; "Bullshit, I'm done." on top of this, we are nearly reaching the same exam season that put Minxy on hiatus in the first place.
100% agree with you but at the same time...if we remove all the "milking-people" what we have left? DS sucks and so his creation...but it's very hard to remove them when they have a huge fanbase...

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
100% agree with you but at the same time...if we remove all the "milking-people" what we have left? DS sucks and so his creation...but it's very hard to remove them when they have a huge fanbase...
The game doesn't need to be removed. DarkCookie however, and other milking devs, need to be banned from the site. So would say they could just make another page as some have done. So i.P. ban them. Ban them from their i.p. addresses. If they want to buy another computer to make another then let em.

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
The game doesn't need to be removed. DarkCookie however, and other milking devs, need to be banned from the site. So would say they could just make another page as some have done. So i.P. ban them. Ban them from their i.p. addresses. If they want to buy another computer to make another then let em.
I'm always confused when somebody says "IP ban and it's a permanent ban".
Are there areas in the world where people can't change their IP addresses?
And even if so, how do you prevent them from using a proxy?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yea, 11 months of the mods living in terror of putting this on hold or abandoned! Weak mods. I would have this, and a couple other threads completely locked down until evidence of an update being released.
until something changes, teasers and stuff, for now counts as updates...and Minxy is a strategic woman, she posts something when the users are very mad...and write like some words

401Grem

May 14, 2017
until something changes, teasers and stuff, for now counts as updates...and Minxy is a strategic woman, she posts something when the users are very mad...and write like some words
Well, if she isn't updating here, she shouldn't be posting here.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
she posts teasers(like images of Brooke in the sauna) here! but everyone agree: a teaser shouldn't count as an update...because is just a screenshot of something

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I'm always confused when somebody says "IP ban and it's a permanent ban".
Are there areas in the world where people can't change their IP addresses?
And even if so, how do you prevent them from using a proxy?
So no, IP bans aren't permanent if you buy another PC or change your IP address. As for the use of an proxy to get around it. maybe you can. But for those willing to go those lenghts inorder to unban themselves do they really have a life?

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes