RPGM Abandoned Phantom Thief Sylphy [Demo] [Azurezero]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

azurezero

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
there was actually a removed part of alyss that was basically helltaker with vibrators instead of death
this thread covers the mv prototype i made

unfortunately by the time i finished alyss i hated the sylphy model here so i was unmotivated to finish it

formalcausality

Jun 10, 2020
it is 4 pieces

top of tower unlocked by stone tablet
bedroom at bottom of left half
coffin at bottom of right half
locked room that you need to go down the hole the minotaur fell down to drop down and open, then hook back up to drop the boulder down to put on a pressure plate.

then return to the painting once youve seen all 4 flashbacks and hes blocked the exit and the final chase occurs
The game is fun and cute (and just a demo, so not a big deal), but something definitely seems bugged for me. I've got three pieces, but I'm stuck on "coffin at bottom of right half." If you're referring to the room that has the sarcophagus in it, there's no chest or items in there for me. Just the sarcophagus itself and two candles on the wall, none of which do anything when I interact.

azurezero

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
The game is fun and cute (and just a demo, so not a big deal), but something definitely seems bugged for me. I've got three pieces, but I'm stuck on "coffin at bottom of right half." If you're referring to the room that has the sarcophagus in it, there's no chest or items in there for me. Just the sarcophagus itself and two candles on the wall, none of which do anything when I interact.
HOOKSHOT THE LEFT ONE - i wonder if youd have considered that were the candles higher, but more likely is that you wouldnt have even tried examining them

1617676811316.png

Hopefully this bit would be enough of a hint about it in future

Last edited:

Ariyana

May 13, 2018
About the candle/hookshot. Perhaps, it would be better if trying to interact with the wall below the candle had Sylphy say something like "That candle looks strange, but it's too high to reach". This is a way to tell the player "There's something important here, but you need to do something else."

azurezero

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
About the candle/hookshot. Perhaps, it would be better if trying to interact with the wall below the candle had Sylphy say something like "That candle looks strange, but it's too high to reach". This is a way to tell the player "There's something important here, but you need to do something else."
hopefully the spikes switch puzzle is enough to hint at the solution to the candles... i mean people should know there was something important there because they already had to go and get water to gain access to the room

azurezero

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
i'm doing my best but the burnout is making it hard to even design a layout for the next level.

i moved the rope animation to the new level (and wrote two variants) so im gonna have to replace it but im having trouble drawing anything atm

I do still have animations in reserve but they fit best in what will by the mind control themed level

azurezero

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
i may as well explain "the burnout"
years ago, i made damsel quest 3, i made the first demo in just 2 weeks (with 20 pics in it)
but the final demo i deliberately pushed myself by promising it was half the game (so i had to make another half to match it)
but by the end of the game i was barely managing to draw one thing a month.

since then i have only been able to handle a fraction of the work i used to, and crashed again every time i got back to about 40% productivity.

so drawing in general became hard, but recently its become hard to imagine level layouts, lewd ideas, writing, i even lost the ability to pixel art since it requires prolonged concentration.

its so frustrating because it only takes 5 hours to draw and rig a live2d model. so i could potentally have all the lewds for this game made in 2 weeks... but in reality... 4 weeks have passed and the only time i plugged the tablet in was for jackbox games...

azurezero

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
today i got half way through drawing a back view live2d model, odd's are i can use it more than once since i can also use it for a stuck in wall scenario

1619993874397.png
1619993889098.png

the pink texture will be for the clipping layer for when the dick is inside her

lielie1212

Nov 19, 2020
i may as well explain "the burnout"
years ago, i made damsel quest 3, i made the first demo in just 2 weeks (with 20 pics in it)
but the final demo i deliberately pushed myself by promising it was half the game (so i had to make another half to match it)
but by the end of the game i was barely managing to draw one thing a month.

since then i have only been able to handle a fraction of the work i used to, and crashed again every time i got back to about 40% productivity.

so drawing in general became hard, but recently its become hard to imagine level layouts, lewd ideas, writing, i even lost the ability to pixel art since it requires prolonged concentration.

its so frustrating because it only takes 5 hours to draw and rig a live2d model. so i could potentally have all the lewds for this game made in 2 weeks... but in reality... 4 weeks have passed and the only time i plugged the tablet in was for jackbox games...
I don't know what to say that you might've heard already but I wish you the best.

Reactions: catmemejpg
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes